[Discussion] How lineage should look like nowdays

After i see the topic of Koyuki with a message to all developers how l2 servers should be done i felt i need to make this because what he wrote is equal to a server with the quality of a home made l2jbrazil server.

I go over some points to clarify how lineage should be like now.

1.Chronicle should be always the newest.

reason is the only good developers are in the currently 2 "leader" fork L2J andL2JFree hence to have a stable server you need to pick the latest revision of these projects and that gives automatically the chronicle.

2.server type.

high rates(above 1000x) should be banned high rates are for kids like Koyuki who can just cry instead of play or for 2 button pvper guys...real lineage considered as low/mid rate these should be the main conceptions along with other type of special server like a faction for example

3.gameplay.

Gameplay should be done in a close to retail way atleast in the very basics of the game editing many stuff is a great thing if its done properly(which i might add we rarely see)

And for last but not least just a little description for things that i have seen in the other topic

no npc buffer - that depends on server concept a full buffer is not needed but in many case especially in what the kid said in high rates its stupid to dont have any because it ruin the high rate gameplay or in a faction server its a big problem also if you dont have atleast a pp/ee/se only buffer.

about the usage of the classes...its chronicle dependant there are chronicles where every class is useless(such us interlude) except a few top class and there are classes where every class is usefull for even pvp too(such us everything else)

about the no rpg part...well i try to chill because that was the most stupid thing ive ever heard...EVER...(considering the fact that lineage is an mmoRPG)

for the no quest one its idiotic since how you want to kill epic bosses without quest?how you want to get pets without quest how you want to get freeking class change without quest and i can go on and on and on with really important quest related things(ops i forgot the subclass and noblesse)

for the no farming thing...theres a difference beetwen farming and farming...farming adenas/seal stones/AA and such is not considered farming its part of retail gameplay but when you see that you have 10-12 farm zone for custom currency that considered farming that should be banned

no client mods well thats the only thing i completely agree with client is the 1st chapter of the "how to ruin a game" book...

about absolutely no enchanting...well thats the 2nd most stupid thing i've ever heard the enchant rates should be made FOR THE SERVER CONCEPT hence you dont use +20 max on low rate just like you dont use +6 max on a faction or pvp server enchant should be edited for the server concept its a great and usefull thing.

about rates i think i expressed it with the server types...

services like class change noblesse, subclass in npc for free..that make ppl get bored since theres nothing to fight theres no meaning of these really important parts any longer with such change its potentially a server for lazy players who dont know absolutely 0 about that game

mana pots...thats again depends on the server in a low rate/mid rate its way better if dont exist but if we talk about a pvp server atleast mana drugs are necessary simple because of higher stat -> higher mana usage -> faster burnout

Conclusion is servers should be inside a range of 1 - 500(in exp rates) and should reflect the real hard lineage gameplay when everything have a meaning and you can be more than others just with your knowledge. In lineage right now(private servers) as far as gameplay go its way too easy theres nothing to fight for except useless custom items. Knowledge what make ppl more in this game than others(those who ever played retail knows what im talking about) the fact that you have things in easy way and every character becomes the same is never result in good gameplay.

you almost repeat Koyuki GJ

and what about;

2.server type.

high rates(above 1000x) should be banned high rates are for kids like Koyuki who can just cry instead of play or for 2 button pvper guys...real lineage considered as low/mid rate these should be the main conceptions along with other type of special server like a faction for example

calling me a kid :( ?

I will tell this once again.

Ofc you have the right to think it's stupid but IT'S NOT just because you think it that way.

Not all of us have the same opinions and preferences!

As for me,I would just choose a high rate pvp epilogue server full of custom features :)

you almost repeat Koyuki GJ

and what about;calling me a kid :( ?

No i dont repeated him i just compared my explanation to hes points but if you take a closer look its not the same infact mine is 10x times better than hes explanation.

PS.:well if you are a lazy guy who can play only high rates than ye

I will tell this once again.

Ofc you have the right to think it's stupid but IT'S NOT just because you think it that way.

Not all of us have the same opinions and preferences!

As for me,I would just choose a high rate pvp epilogue server full of custom features :)

No you dont get the point he talk generally about lineage(thats what hes topic title referring too) i do the same okay you like custom server thats fine but we talk generally about how the majority of servers should be like to get back the old big population with a gameplay

No i dont repeated him i just compared my explanation to hes points but if you take a closer look its not the same infact mine is 10x times better than hes explanation.

PS.:well if you are a lazy guy who can play only high rates than ye

Oh crap?You made that topic in order to judge others' opinions or did you want to have a fine discussion?

No you dont get the point he talk generally about lineage(thats what hes topic title referring too) i do the same okay you like custom server thats fine but we talk generally about how the majority of servers should be like to get back the old big population with a gameplay

IMO,there's no such a kind.Everybody should try what he likes to.

Oh crap?You made that topic in order to judge others' opinions or did you want to have a fine discussion?IMO,there's no such a kind.Everybody should try what he likes to.

1st i made the topic because of as a developer and as player i want the game to have more and more good players not crybabys and topics like the one he made just make crybabys and noobs who cant play a server normally(obviously kyoku play only high rates with 45326467815287345x exp rate) and thats why i made the topic if the players accept how lineage is the best hence:

lineage should be retail-like...

than the developers/admin will focus on these but until the majority of the players are like kyoku every server will be a lolhigh rate dead end for every player

2nd try out what you like is personal taste i still in general about what type of server should be the best as far as gameplay goes(and sorry but i never going to consider the taste of those who play interlude high rates so except those)

1st i made the topic because of as a developer and as player i want the game to have more and more good players not crybabys and topics like the one he made just make crybabys and noobs who cant play a server normally(obviously kyoku play only high rates with 45326467815287345x exp rate) and thats why i made the topic if the players accept how lineage is the best hence:

than the developers/admin will focus on these but until the majority of the players are like kyoku every server will be a lolhigh rate dead end for every player

2nd try out what you like is personal taste i still in general about what type of server should be the best as far as gameplay goes(and sorry but i never going to consider the taste of those who play interlude high rates so except those)

Well,if you really want my opinion Lineage would be much more interesting if none had figured out how to modify its features!

Well,if you really want my opinion Lineage would be much more interesting if none had figured out how to modify its features!

that depends on what features we talk about there are nice and there are bad things same like with client mod there are nice ones(really rare) and there are bad ones(everything is ugly) its just depends on how you use what you have

Seriously, there is no better gameplay than retail-like...

NPC Buffers make all supports except from healers totally useless. Mana pots allow bishops to consta heal, daggers to consta blow, overlords/warcryers to pvp with drains. GM Shops let you have everything so easily, even boss jewels... Not to mention +16 weapons/armors and crap or these never-ending buff slots...

Seriously, there is no better gameplay than retail-like...

NPC Buffers make all supports except from healers totally useless. Mana pots allow bishops to consta heal, daggers to consta blow, overlords/warcryers to pvp with drains. GM Shops let you to have everything so easily, even boss jewels... Not to mention +16 weapons/armors and crap or these never-ending buff slots...

depends on how you use it again lets say what about a server where you have it but no mana pots only event potion(yes event manapotion exist)from events or such and gmshop is until A grades above craftable/raidable and buffer have only basic pp/ee/se buffs its again a different thing what you referred to is a high rate concept

depends on how you use it again lets say what about a server where you have it but no mana pots only event potion(yes event manapotion exist)from events or such and gmshop is until A grades above craftable/raidable and buffer have only basic pp/ee/se buffs its again a different thing what you referred to is a high rate concept

I just described a common hig rate. There can be nice high-rates, if they have some good special features. GM Shop till A grade really isn't a big deal, since A grade are pretty useless on Epilogue.

that depends on what features we talk about there are nice and there are bad things same like with client mod there are nice ones(really rare) and there are bad ones(everything is ugly) its just depends on how you use what you have

The majority of the features is just some crap and you know it better than everyone!You will need to sacrifice some goods but save the best.That's what I mean :S!L2 failed on that tho!

I just described a common hig rate. There can be nice high-rates, if they have some good special features. GM Shop till A grade really isn't a big deal, since A grade are pretty useless on Epilogue.

exactly also if you take a look into my 1st post i said high rates should be banned with the exception of special servers simple because i think the same lineage at that high rates are dead and boring