[Guide]3d Modding Guide [9 march '10]

LauQ

The 3d modding guide for Lineage 2 – By LauQ

Required software

[table]

[tr][td]3dsmax10_boxshot.png[/td]

[td]3ds Max 9 – The 3d modeling program used for this guide. Unfortunatly this program is not freeware. There is a trial version, but it is max 2010, and I can't ensure it works on that version as well, because I have heard there were some troubles with other versions.

Download link for trial version

ZmodelerV1 – Freeware 3d program, used for fixing the textures by just importing your made model and exporting it back directly. Version 2 got issues, so use the first version.

Download link: http://www.zmodeler2.com/?mode=dl&ID=3

OAUKX – Used for converting your model (in .obj) to a .ukx file.

OAUKX_C7

Download link for CT1 and above

Rapidshare Mirror

OAUKX_C6

Download link for Interlude and below

Rapidshare Mirror

[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Software for taking models from L2

umodel – For extracting models from Lineage 2 ukx packs. More info here: http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=48711.0

Download link

*UPDATE: Latest Umodel:

Download link latest Umodel

md5-importer – Not necessary, but it is for importing models from Lineage 2.

Download link

Complete Video guide

Download link for video Rapidshare

rsicon.png

Download link for video 4Shared

4sharedicon.png

View on Youtube

Coming soon

Conclusion of the video

Succeeded! But need to rotate the model a bit, and position is better in the hands of the character.

The guide part 1 - Not required if you make your model from nothing

If you want to edit a model from Lineage 2, which can be pretty interesting sometimes, like for taking the wings from mobs, or taking shoulder pads and make helmets from them ;)

Step 1

Unpack umodel and put a .ukx file into the same folder as you extracted it. Let's use LineageMonsters3.ukx Then make a .bat file, or use command channel (run → cmd) and type

umodel -export -md5 LineageMonsters3.ukx

and hit enter or run it. It will create a folder 'LineageMonsters3', with inside a folder with SkeletalMesh and a folder with animations.

Step 2

Now take the md5-importer script and paste it in your C:/program files/Autodesk/3ds max/scripts folder.

Step 3

Run 3ds max and go to MAX script. Follow this image steps:

import10.jpg

(at step 3: have see-through meshes Unchecked, it's really annoying ^^)

Step 4

It's always wise to remove the bones first before we go to the editing, as animations don't work anyway. A quick way to remove all bones is to follow this screen:

delete10.jpg

Step 5 – Not necessary

you can also remove the Skin modifier from the model (right click on the modifier, delete), it's quite annoying sometimes.

remove10.jpg

The guide part 2 – Editing your model

EDITED Check out this video, in which I take a mob and made an accessory of it!

rsicon.png

4sharedicon.png

View on Youtube

Coming soon

The guide part 3 – Exporting your model

These are basically the steps:

• Export your model to .3ds (file → export → (“.3ds”))

• Import this model with ZmodelerV1 (file → import → open the file)

• Export it with ZmodelerV1 to .3ds (file → export → (“.3ds”))

• Import it with 3ds Max 9

• Then follow these screens:

uvw-un10.jpg

export10.jpg

export11.jpg

oaukx10.jpg

NOTE: the model got the same name as the pack, so if you put it in your .dat file like this:

1	yourmodelname.youmodelname					1	texture blabla

Well this is it for now. I hope you can understand the steps you need to take. Please post your issues in the replies and try to explain as good as possible.

Im still looking for a way to do this in Blender (a freeware 3d program), but I can't get the texture fixed (the UVW totally screws up), so I'll need to look at that sometime.

The next shares that I plan to make with 3d I will record them and post the videos in this guide, so you can get a better view on what the possibilities are and how to work a little quicker. So I will make some updates now and then.

Good luck, kind regards, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

- LauQ

Credits to: CriticalError, for teaching it to me in the first place. If he hadn't shared the knowledge with we, I wouldn't have been able to share it to you now.

And the rest to: LauQ

FAQ:

Q: Can't we make armor?

A: No, because it requires bones and the animations to respond to, and you require special software for it, because then you make it inside UnrealEditor, and make it compatible with this special software.

Q: Texture screws up. What went wrong?

A: Either the export step from your model in 3ds max to zmodeler and back, OR it went wrong at adding final UVW unwrap modifier. Try to read those steps back again and else post the issues detailed here. OR you use different version of 3ds Max (not sure).

Q: How to edit the texture position?

A: I will post addition info about that soon, at the The guide part 2 – Editing your model

UPDATE

I made another video, in which I show how to make something from a scratch. My 3ds skills aren't very good, and in this video I make quite alot of mistakes: I hope you can see them and see how to do it right :) I'll share the result soon

rsicon.png

4sharedicon.png

View on Youtube

Coming soon

Result of this guide

width=999 height=768http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/1/shot00006t.jpg[/img]

Good luck with editing everyone, and don't hesitate to ask questions!

Show us what you got 8)

Guide excellent, Respect to you but this is a drop in the water if you do not show the sequence of implementing the model through UnrealEd as you will have a model without the animation, even if you did the animation in 3ds Max and used OAUKX I consider that you promuchalsya vain. The only thing for which this Guide will approach both for weapons and items, not for the mobs and so on.

please un hide

You can see it now right? (you got 101 posts)

Guide excellent, Respect to you but this is a drop in the water if you do not show the sequence of implementing the model through UnrealEd as you will have a model without the animation,

Thanks, and yes I know, but unfortunately I lack that information myself, and the tools needed to make it compatible with Lineage 2, as it always gives the error "Skeletal serial missize; expected [] found [];"

Perhaps you could share your knowledge of it :)

even if you did the animation in 3ds Max and used OAUKX I consider that you promuchalsya vain.
what?

The only thing for which this Guide will approach both for weapons and items, not for the mobs and so on.
Well, I think that is fair enough in letting this Client mod section making a step forward in client modding. As for now it was for most of the people only possible to make new textures and change shoulder pads or something.

Thanks Ave and Maxtor for getting it back :) and thanks for the karma Ventic

You can see it now right? (you got 101 posts)

Well, I think that is fair enough in letting this Client mod section making a step forward in client modding. As for now it was for most of the people only possible to make new textures and change shoulder pads or something.

Here I agree with you.

But Hidde of 100 messages do not agree, at least 300 posts.

Spam replys deleted, re-hidden properly, Laq you forgot the [ hide ] [ /hide ] tag.

I had it first, but disabled it on Ave's advice; anyway thanks for fixing it and cleaning.

Thanks for the kind replies everyone, but I guess the mods first need to discuss this matter with eachother (sticky or no)

@Dvtm: in English please, don't double post, and no I will not change the 300 post count if it is about that ^^