@echo

Database installation -> Restore a backup
JDK Installation
Upload server files
Fix your server configs
Configure your .sh scripts to launch server
Use a client to connect in game

Ask Google for help for steps 1, 2.

If you can't do 3, 4 or 6 I'm going to cry.

Linux scripts are executed like: "./someScript.sh" without the quotes ofc

You don't really have to pay anyone to teach you this, Google is your guide.

My issue is with the database. I can’t connect remotely. I’ve googled it for solutions but any solution I tried didn’t work. I tried to install phpmyadmin, it doesn’t work, MySQL enterprise didn’t work and also tried to connect via ssh from mariadb. I’ve also tried Debian and Ubuntu. 

what db are you using ? 

use

sudo netstat -tulpn | grep 2106

post a screenshot here

first step is to allow mariadb server to bind on 0.0.0.0 not 127.0.0.1

this is done by changing the .conf files usually found in /var/etc (depends on your distro)

change the value of bind-address (you can google this)

after that's done use

systemctl restart mariadb

you should be good,

fyi by default remote root is forbidden, create a user @ "%" and give him grant

Seamless#7044 add me i can help you with your server installation

You have to 

sudo nano /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf

And Find the line where 127.0.0.1 and change it to 0.0.0.0.

restart db 

systemctl restart mariadb

After that create new user 

CREATE USER 'test'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'test';

Create new Database 

CREATE DATABASE l2test; 

if exist just 

USE l2test;

and grand access to user

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON l2test.* TO 'test'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'test';

sudo flush privileges;

also be sure that port 3306 is open 

Edited by Seamless

I have changed the bind address and also made a new user with privileges. The port seems to be fine since I get to the point where I have to add password while establishing the connection. I will post more info when I have the time. I contacted also hetzener( my vps provider) but they refused to provide any assistance. 

4 hours ago, Seamless said:

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON l2test.* TO 'test'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'test';

sudo flush privileges;

This is what you have to do now if connection establishes, nothing more than that.

btw there are no providers blocking ports by default since he connects and gets error codes the connection is established

6 minutes ago, xdem said:

This is what you have to do now if connection establishes, nothing more than that.

btw there are no providers blocking ports by default since he connects and gets error codes the connection is established

I have already done that.

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:33060           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      915/mysqld          
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3306            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      915/mysqld          
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.53:53           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      511/systemd-resolve 
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      586/sshd: /usr/sbin 
tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      586/sshd: /usr/sbin 
udp        0      0 127.0.0.53:53           0.0.0.0:*                           511/systemd-resolve 
udp        0      0 (vps ip):68       0.0.0.0:*                           509/systemd-network 

5 minutes ago, @echo said:

I have already done that.

Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:33060           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      915/mysqld          
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:3306            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      915/mysqld          
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.53:53           0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      511/systemd-resolve 
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      586/sshd: /usr/sbin 
tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN      586/sshd: /usr/sbin 
udp        0      0 127.0.0.53:53           0.0.0.0:*                           511/systemd-resolve 
udp        0      0 (vps ip):68       0.0.0.0:*                           509/systemd-network 

this just shows that you are correctly listening to all your network interfaces, we already know that since your sql client gets error codes, your problem now is that you also have to allow the user to be able to login from any ip through @"%"