Python event handler

rtcxool

Question

Hi guys, 

I would like to ask, is there any more functions is working on python event handler for Lineage 2 server?

I mean, I want to write a quest like script but instead of writing htmltext=event (which means event will happen when someone click on named link) to make something else to trigger event. 

For example, double click on item in the inventory call  the event. 

Would be good to know all possible functions that can be used inserted of htmltext. Or is it only htmltext can call event? 

I'm working on L2Acis, IL

Thank you for your answers. 

4 answers to this question

Drop the damn useless shit python in 2022 and re-write it in java. 

Also why you need to implemented the whole event to the quest engine. Make a custom item handler and check upon click if the owner carries the quest and is on X state. 

34 minutes ago, Kara said:

Drop the damn useless shit python in 2022 and re-write it in java. 

Also why you need to implemented the whole event to the quest engine. Make a custom item handler and check upon click if the owner carries the quest and is on X state. 

actually python is more popular and widely used than java, and probly the most used programming language

Edited by BruT

9 minutes ago, BruT said:

actually python is more popular and widely used than java, and probly the most used programming language

On datascience or data related programming, python is used in almost 80% of the programs followed by the R-language.. Python is simply a great language, and easy to use too. But Honestly, not for L2.

But for OP, Try making an java event handler. is much beter. I dont think aCis has python support for script files. I know some older java projects have, but I doubt aCis does.

@Kara re-write in java, well I'm never edited anything java side so I think there would be a lot of learning and tools are required . Since, my project is like 95+% done, I don't really want to re write something.

I'm working on passion project without real plans to open the server. 

I'm already made 4+ quests for the server (server side and client side) and they working perfectly.

I'm just having fun creating the quests and adding more cool stuff to my project. That's why asking, is there any other event handler option that I could use writing python script.