[Freya client] Initial draw distance of monsters and players

Romotheone

Hey guys,

I am looking to increase the initial draw distance of monsters and players. Right now, it looks something like this:

http://prntscr.com/1u067gu

There is a whole lot of monsters behind the ones currently drawn. Is there a way to increase my draw distance?

I have tried the usual suggestions I have found on the MXC forums.

L2.ini's

[CharacterDisplay]
Name=true
Dist=5000

only seems to remember the ones I have already walked past over a distance of 5000. I am looking to increase the initial draw distance before I actually get close to the monsters.

I have also tried increasing the numbers at

[ClippingRange]
PawnMax=8.0
PawnMin=7.0
AntiPortal=1.5
Terrain=8.0
StaticMesh=4.0
Projector=2.0
StaticMeshLod=5.0
Pawn=8.0
Actor=8.0

These do not seem to do anything.

Tried to do the same in options.ini

[ClippingRange]
Terrain=8.000000
Actor=6.000000
StaticMesh=4.000000
StaticMeshLod=6.000000
Pawn=6.000000

These also didn't help.

This should be something that is editable client side, right?

Any ideas?

Edited by Romotheone

• Romotheone changed the title to [Freya client] Initial draw distance of monsters and players

Well... this is some old 2011 default L2j Freya stuff. Got it waaaaay back in the day. I don't even have the source, I am only working with the pack because I have put so many hours into it.

@HyperBlownSo you're saying this is java related and not client side?

16 hours ago, Romotheone said:

Well... this is some old 2011 default L2j Freya stuff. Got it waaaaay back in the day. I don't even have the source, I am only working with the pack because I have put so many hours into it.

@HyperBlownSo you're saying this is java related and not client side?

Can be yes. Ive done a few jobs related to view distance for some clients. When having X players near, limite vision range to, E.G 500 to minimize lag. This is related to Knownlist, addVisibleObject depending of your source.

Alright, thanks a lot for answering. I was looking for an easy fix, but java is off-limits due to me not having the source. Also this is just some server I've been working on to live out my creativity.

Have a nice day.