ScriptEngine

nikpappa

Question

2 minutes ago, nikpappa said:

can you adjust it to mine? so i can try it

java -Djava.util.logging.manager=net.sf.l2j.util.L2LogManager -Xmx1024m -cp ./../libs/*;l2jserver.jar net.sf.l2j.gameserver.GameServer

Literally just change the "java" keyword to the path of your jdk 8 on your pc like mine....

1 hour ago, nikpappa said:

and how do i fix that? cant use 1.6 is so old

the 1.6 doenst say it is 1.6 tho. but for example, Back in the days when I tried running an java 8 rev on Java 7 installed. then it would give this error.

you need to build project with java 1.6 compliance its not hard you just select the version to build it from project settings https://prnt.sc/15733il

9 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

you need to build project with java 1.6 compliance its not hard you just select the version to build it from project settings https://prnt.sc/15733il

I know that, i am asking if there is any other way of doing it, i dont want to use java6

6 minutes ago, nikpappa said:

I know that, i am asking if there is any other way of doing it, i dont want to use java6

just build datapack with java whatever too.

also in java is hardcoded too the version of the build in script engine

java-engine.jar also need to be updated for some packs

5 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

just build datapack with java whatever too.

also in java is hardcoded too the version of the build in script engine

yes every jdk has i believe the same script engine im not sure, i just want to have java11 preferably 

11 minutes ago, nikpappa said:

yes every jdk has i believe the same script engine im not sure, i just want to have java11 preferably 

Sometimes in life you dont get what you want 😉
If you want to use java11 on that revision, get the source and update it to java 11. Scripts engine is prorably for java 8. Deal with it or download and use the executable path in the gameserver.bat

3 minutes ago, HyperBlown said:

Sometimes in life you dont get what you want 😉
If you want to use java11 on that revision, get the source and update it to java 11. Scripts engine is prorably for java 8. Deal with it or download and use the executable path in the gameserver.bat

i tried adding -version:etc in the bat file but it wouldnt start the server 😞

Just now, nikpappa said:

i tried adding -version:etc in the bat file but it wouldnt start the server 😞

Im using java15 on my pc, but a lot of my clients still rocking the java8 servers.
so this is how I start up them: 

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_261\bin\java" -server -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xms2g -Xmx5g -cp config;./lib/geoeng_l2s.jar;./lib/* l2s.gameserver.GameServer

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HyperBlown said:

Im using java15 on my pc, but a lot of my clients still rocking the java8 servers.
so this is how I start up them: 

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_261\bin\java" -server -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Xms2g -Xmx5g -cp config;./lib/geoeng_l2s.jar;./lib/* l2s.gameserver.GameServer

can you adjust it to mine? so i can try it

java -Djava.util.logging.manager=net.sf.l2j.util.L2LogManager -Xmx1024m -cp ./../libs/*;l2jserver.jar net.sf.l2j.gameserver.GameServer

Edited by nikpappa