aCis vs Lucera

1 minute ago, Setekh said:

It's not his project, he's a maintainer.

I know i mean this is the 8th time people "fix" me for this. I know he is a contributor and L2J is aparted by billion people (excess), but for me he is one of the greatest they ever exist in L2J scene.

His codes are pure magic, clean and soft. Lately he started using annotation everywhere even for configurations and it's very messy for a simple viewer to understand but he is simple gold!

Just now, Elfocrash said:

I've seen clean PHP code. It doesn't need comments. If it does, then the code is bad. Simple as that. Obviously if you needed to do some hacky thing tha you need the next person who will look at it to know why you did it, that's fine, but purely from a code and structure perspective, you don't need them. For example aCis is full of super long methods that violate SP and thus needs comments. If it was coded properly, it wouldn't.

Anyway this is going waaaaay off topic so I'm gonna disappear. Cya

not at all in fact that was the most on topic discussion on development perspective, but k cya

16 hours ago, Elfocrash said:

Anyway this is going waaaaay off topic so I'm gonna disappear. Cya

The whole topic is pinned for this because we got way off topic.

16 pages within a day, the traffic is serious here. Started from Melron and you arguing with L2Raptor, then Orion then us now in PHP.

Still your codes are badly/trash written cy

P.S.  don't forget next time i open a WTS topic to come and comment on my "fail" codes. I'll wait for you as people wait for GTA 6

Edited by Kara

1 minute ago, Kara said:

His codes are pure magic, clean and soft. Lately he started using annotation everywhere even for configurations and it's very messy for a simple viewer to understand but he is simple gold!

That sounds like the cancer i did with corvus-engine, making a runtime annotation processor like what spring boot was doing. Feedback from 2013: it can get really crappy and cause a really nasty.. eh.. habits.. don't do runtime annotations kids, definitely not on a game server, migrating made made quit.

6 minutes ago, Kara said:

I know i mean this is the 8th time people "fix" me for this. I know he is a contributor and L2J is aparted by billion people (excess), but for me he is one of the greatest they ever exist in L2J scene.

what is your opinion about Zoey76?

what your reaction would be if he invited you on his team?

how can you improve him as a person?

what can you offer in his life?

finally would you go as far as to be his groupie?

trick question: when you think he will fix the target issues?

2 minutes ago, Setekh said:

That sounds like the cancer i did with corvus-engine, making a runtime annotation processor like what spring boot was doing. Feedback from 2013: it can get really crappy and cause a really nasty.. eh.. habits.. don't do runtime annotations kids, definitely not on a game server, migrating made made quit.

Well i mean sure you can initialize some like this

RhblXiq.png

or even use your configuration with annotations but when you do it like Zoey76 did 

after a while it simply a mess. 

5 minutes ago, Setekh said:

just for the kicks you are the reason i comment my codes mostly, one day i asked you what was a specific part in your code and you told me that: "even i dont remember what i was writing back then, and it is sometimes impossible to understand it", that left me thinking alot better having some extra lines of comments not only for you but for somebody else that might have a benefit on the time spent reading a line and know what a code does

13 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

what is your opinion about Zoey76?

what your reaction would be if he invited you on his team?

how can you improve him as a person?

what can you offer in his life?

finally would you go as far as to be his groupie?

trick question: when you think he will fix the target issues?

Q: what is your opinion about Zoey76?

A: He is the greatest developer ever existed. I love the way he code. If i were the opposite gender i would beg him to get me pregnant. Still i fall for him everyday even if Stalitsa's trash code is ruining the project.

Q: what your reaction would be if he invited you on his team?

A: I would faint instantly. My knowledge is 0 compared to his so i guess i would just delay him

Qhow can you improve him as a person?

A: Improve what? He is maxed out.

Q: what can you offer in his life?

A:  I would guide him back to retail like L2J as i provoked him to work with handlers few months ago. Their target system had problem with PvP/PK and for 5 months Stalitsa and others were adding Scheme buffer. I believe they simply destroy Zoey's aura. 

Q: would you go as far as to be his groupie?
A: What are you talkin about? Zoey said "hi" to me 5 months ago, i print screen that and stored it in my backup drive in PNG using AE to avoid any Lose.

Edited by Kara
  • Like 1

Just now, Kara said:

A: He is the greatest developer ever existed. I love the way he code. If i were the opposite gender i would beg him to get pregnant me. Still i fall for him everyday even if Stalitsa's trash code is ruining the project.

A: I would faint instantly. My knowledge is 0 compared to his so i guess i would just delay him

A:  I would gude him back to retail like L2J as i provoked him to work with handlers few months ago. Their target system had problem with PvP/PK and for 5 months Stalitsa and others were adding Scheme buffer. I believe they simply destroy's Zoey aura. 

A: What are you talkin about? Zoey said "hi" to me 5 months ago, i print screen that and stored it in my backup drive in PNG using AE to avoid any Lose.

so you avoid anything negative said about him like my question :dat:

3 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

so you avoid anything negative said about him like my question :dat:

Zoey doesn't need to "fix". Code simply reconstruct itself upon Zoey's word.

He just stay still and it happen.

6 minutes ago, Nightw0lf said:

why when talking about him you say Zoey its Zoey76 :lied:

Cause me and Zoey76 have a special connection so i call him with his short Zoey.

Nobody else is allowed to do. 

P.S. dear god.

VXejPoA.png

Edited by Kara
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nightw0lf said:

just for the kicks you are the reason i comment my codes mostly, one day i asked you what was a specific part in your code and you told me that: "even i dont remember what i was writing back then, and it is sometimes impossible to understand it", that left me thinking alot better having some extra lines of comments not only for you but for somebody else that might have a benefit on the time spent reading a line and know what a code does

Might have been drunk. But i used to have a issue with cyclomatic complexity in some methods, instead of breaking it up in multiple methods. For example: here, that update() function, has a cyclomatic complexity level ~14, it repeats some code and it could of been split better, it also has some bugs. A method should be good at like a complexity of 7, and it's pushing it.

If you can split code and make it readable you don't need comments :P 

Exceptions: A line must be changed in the future(TODO), An alternative must be found but we lack in resources now(FIXME/TODO), This X code fixes an underlying issue with a library.

And things like this, where it makes sense. The real problem about comments its that no one updates them anymore, take l2j for example which has comments about how something should work from 2005

9 hours ago, Kara said:

A: He is the greatest developer ever existed. I love the way he code. If i were the opposite gender i would beg him to get me pregnant. Still i fall for him everyday even if Stalitsa's trash code is ruining the project.

A:  I would guide him back to retail like L2J as i provoked him to work with handlers few months ago. Their target system had problem with PvP/PK and for 5 months Stalitsa and others were adding Scheme buffer. I believe they simply destroy Zoey's aura. 

1. Not true, you should of seen Nemessis & the guys when they made l2j & aion emu. And i dunno what l2j is up to today.

2. Never wanted to join l2j, and never will. All the cool guys left pre 2008

3. No one is maxed out, i still have shit to learn about things i'm proficient at be it kotlin or js, for example im really passionate about performant languages that are more or less functional & compile to machine code, i'm torn in between golang and rust now, but i think golang is the cutest. Also i never did proper ios development, only with react native, i would also wanna learn swift & make an ios app. See? always things to improve or learn.

4. Why would i do that, and mby remove that guy from the contributors if he's that bad. Also now that they have git, they don't do pull requests & review code??

5. Im no ones groupie

Why are u fanboying so hard

Later edit:

Why did i thought it was addressed to me? I'm getting old

Edited by Setekh

9 hours ago, Setekh said:

Might have been drunk. But i used to have a issue with cyclomatic complexity in some methods, instead of breaking it up in multiple methods. For example: here, that update() function, has a cyclomatic complexity level ~14, it repeats some code and it could of been split better, it also has some bugs. A method should be good at like a complexity of 7, and it's pushing it.

If you can split code and make it readable you don't need comments :P 

Exceptions: A line must be changed in the future(TODO), An alternative must be found but we lack in resources now(FIXME/TODO), This X code fixes an underlying issue with a library.

And things like this, where it makes sense. The real problem about comments its that no one updates them anymore, take l2j for example which has comments about how something should work from 2005

1. Not true, you should of seen Nemessis & the guys when they made l2j & aion emu. And i dunno what l2j is up to today.

2. Never wanted to join l2j, and never will. All the cool guys left pre 2008

3. No one is maxed out, i still have shit to learn about things i'm proficient at be it kotlin or js, for example im really passionate about performant languages that are more or less functional & compile to machine code, i'm torn in between golang and rust now, but i think golang is the cutest. Also i never did proper ios development, only with react native, i would also wanna learn swift & make an ios app. See? always things to improve or learn.

4. Why would i do that, and mby remove that guy from the contributors if he's that bad. Also now that they have git, they don't do pull requests & review code??

5. Im no ones groupie

Why are u fanboying so hard

Later edit:

Why did i thought it was addressed to me? I'm getting old

I'm in this forum since 2007-8 (i still find profiles of mine with random names i had

is3IcFC.png

which i feel shamed for the topics i opened afcourse because of them was the following:

Why this code give me null exception?

L2Pet pet = null;

pet.doAttack(getOwner().getTarget));

so i know most of them Zealar, Nemesis, Kerberos, Dr something i forgot e.t.c. 

Respect to all for what they achieved yet we have amateur fail sources that cost 2.5k euro and for each addon they ask 500 euro (I ain't name them down we all know to who i refer to).

But Zoey76 is special to me, he is the reason i am into "good" java and well structured code. Even tho i have to be honest sometimes he is f** Java. Their drop system sucks so hard that i dropped it and coded my own in my H5 Project. They extend interface which extend interface which extend interface which extend x 10 interfaces and after a while you don't know what exactly you're reading. 

public enum DropListScope implements IDropItemFactory, IGroupedDropItemFactory {
	DEATH((itemId, min, max, chance) -> new GeneralDropItem(itemId, min, max, chance, IAmountMultiplierStrategy.DROP, IChanceMultiplierStrategy.DROP), GroupedGeneralDropItem::new),
	CORPSE((itemId, min, max, chance) -> new GeneralDropItem(itemId, min, max, chance, IAmountMultiplierStrategy.SPOIL, IChanceMultiplierStrategy.SPOIL), DEATH),

/**
	 * This droplist scope isn't affected by ANY rates, nor Champion, etc...
	 */
	STATIC(
		(itemId, min, max, chance) -> new GeneralDropItem(itemId, min, max, chance, IAmountMultiplierStrategy.STATIC, IChanceMultiplierStrategy.STATIC, IPreciseDeterminationStrategy.ALWAYS, IKillerChanceModifierStrategy.NO_RULES),
		chance -> new GroupedGeneralDropItem(chance, IGroupedItemDropCalculationStrategy.DEFAULT_STRATEGY, IKillerChanceModifierStrategy.NO_RULES, IPreciseDeterminationStrategy.ALWAYS)),
	QUEST((itemId, min, max, chance) -> new GeneralDropItem(itemId, min, max, chance, IAmountMultiplierStrategy.STATIC, IChanceMultiplierStrategy.QUEST, IPreciseDeterminationStrategy.ALWAYS, IKillerChanceModifierStrategy.NO_RULES), STATIC);

private final IDropItemFactory _factory;
	private final IGroupedDropItemFactory _groupFactory;

DropListScope(IDropItemFactory factory, IGroupedDropItemFactory groupFactory) {
		_factory = factory;
		_groupFactory = groupFactory;
	}

@Override
	public IDropItem newDropItem(int itemId, long min, long max, double chance) {
		return _factory.newDropItem(itemId, min, max, chance);
	}

@Override
	public GroupedGeneralDropItem newGroupedDropItem(double chance) {
		return _groupFactory.newGroupedDropItem(chance);
	}

Now the point is not Zoey, the point is the amateur people who work with Zoey and i refer to Stalitsa which i have personal issue since he copied my discord bot and when i asked him he claimed that he had this bot in his PC for 5 years and he decided to share it. Yes an API that didn't exist back then yet he had it before the creators. Also configuration is so like mine. I have no problem since i copy other's work and i make my own style but don't lie on my face. 

Also let's not forget when NightWolfPHPWannabeFanBoyWhoLeadL2JHellasAndAlaksokolies approached Zoey76  few months ago and asked him why they focus in trash custom such as Scheme Buffer 5 months now instead of do what they do best, fixing - adding retail content and Zoey's respond were: "It's my project, i do what i want". Well true they do whatever they want but adding custom in L2J is a joke. I hope at least they lock it in future and make it private via payment. Also the customs they add are so complicated that nobody is going to use them.

Still he is so awesome and handsome guy.

0nJKJE4.png

So to answer to your question why i am a fan of his, i love his coding style. I see Xdem's structure code i throw up, i see Elfo's code in i instantly throw up again, i see NightWolf's codes... well nothing to see cause he can't code in java

SF8AZ4X.gif

but aside jokes, Zoey76 has the best structure for me. I love the way he code, it's so clean... I feel like he is making love to my mind.

Edited by Kara