L2 Server Fabric - L2j Reverse Proxy

it looks how i imagined and i agree separation from gameserver is common sense and best way to go here

but still need to clarify:

1. when you connect to proxy is (5) established with given proxy service child (1-n) or universal gateway before them?

2. when you move user to new proxy, is it like i suggested before that you only re-establish (6) and (7), but (5) and (8) stays connected at all time? or you are actually saying client side (5) and (8) is also reconnected to new target IP?

3. do you use any client extension to alter default behavior of dropped connection in runtime? or went other way and implemented, never touched by l2j, RaidServer functionality? :D

L2 client will always terminate itself when connection to server is dropped, unless you extend it to do otherwise,

so as you mentioned "playing packets right" i guess you utilized RaidServer logic (wouldn't call it cheating, cross-server content uses it on l2off for same purpose). Then i admit its in fact innovative and worth further development =)

to wrap it up in 2 sentences. Client has to connect to new IP according to what you said so far (connection 5 on graph), that requires new TCP socket to be made. L2 will DC you when socket to server is closed and unless you don't tell us everything, there is no way to do it due to simple protocol limitations.

What i meant was RequestExConnectToRaidServer (D0:73) and so on, which allows to establish connection with new game server, used for cross-server sieges content on GOD+ (but exists since freya), and would be the only solution i can see here.

Edited by AlmostGood

getting the timing right to have it work 100% of the time for 100% of players is not likely gonna be possible, but this implemented via raidserver yeah that'd actually be pretty cool not gonna lie

You mean you made game client to change ip to which it is connected, without making it go to server selection screen? How?

Edited by vampir

RaidServer was the only logical explanation to me, until i now realized its interlude client on the video.

So, i call it bullshit until i see real world PoC, with 2 proxies running on separated machines/networks and client moving to new target IP seamlessly :D

its just that your current description breaks fundamental limitations of TCP - you cant alter source/destination of established connection. So it doesn't work in the way you describe it and you falsely believe it or skip some vital part on purpose :D

If your proxies are stressed, it means you failed blocking stuff before that. Generally speaking, it's a bad behavior to think L2J server should handle such actions. L2J shouldn't be a "firewall", a "webserver" or whatever else service. Most of internal flood protectors are pointless, for instance, and there are a lot of them. I believe it's not the role of L2J to become something else than... A game server.

Stress should be stopped way before reaching gameserver application (iptables is normally enough, if not hardware/3rd party material). That's my opinion.

The leftover solution, ping relocation, seems to be already handled on L2J, as stated Nik.

About aCis, well, you already know you can provide the "5 lines" on a diff patch on a public state ("Public Workbench" board, for instance), ppl review, and if things are good enough, it's commited. aCis is initially based on L2J IL, a 2007 source, for your information, and the work is all about what I can/want code and what people can/want share.

My focus is probably not yours, or other sharers - which shouldn't stop people to contribute.

Edited by Tryskell