[SOLVED]GeoData Hi5 (Freeze sometimes)

lagunyve

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm using https://bitbucket.org/l2jgeo/l2j_geodata/src as GEODATA for my server on Hi5.

But when geodata is enabled, players are encountering freeze sometimes for 4 seconds, my server specs is 24GB RAM and 4vcore with HDD. I've already put -xmx 20GB on my GS launch script.

There is my geodata.ini configuration:

# Dimension maps
GeoFirstX = 11
GeoFirstY = 10
GeoLastX = 26
GeoLastY = 26

# Template file geodata
GeoFilesPattern = (\\d{2}_\\d{2})\\.l2j

# If True GEODATA
AllowGeodata = True

# Allow the player to fall from the horizontal wall if he clicks on the wall itself
AllowFallFromWalls = True

#Motion keyboard (arrows)
AllowMoveWithKeyboard = False

# Increase to Z for packages
ClientZShift = 16

# Optimization of geodata in memory, saves about 150MB memory
# Optimization should first need to generate a map of matches
CompactGeoData = True

# The minimum difference between the layers
MinLayerHeight = 64

# The maximum height of the step for geodata
MaxZDiff = 64

# Diagonal Search
# It should be disabled only for debugging
PathFindDiagonal = True

#Smooths the way #
# It should be disabled only for debugging
PathClean = True

# Strongly accelerates the search, the effect on the quality of unknown
# 0 - off, 1 - is just the beginning, 2 - the beginning and the end of the road
PathFindBoost = 2

# The maximum height of the step to find a way
PathFindMaxZDiff = 32

# The maximum time allowed to spend on the search path (in nanoseconds)
PathFindMaxTime = 100000000

# Configure the buffers to find a way, the number of x size of the map (in cages geodata)
# Minimum 96, maximum - 512
PathFindBuffers = 8x96;8x128;8x160;8x192;8x256;4x288;4x320;2x384;1x512

Please can you tell me how can I optimize it so there won't be freeze in game ?

Regards.

14 answers to this question

18 hours ago, lagunyve said:

Okay the settings are done, now I must check in game too.

Do you think those settings are good to add too ?

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:SurvivorRatio=8

I personally found than without any other parameters than max RAM allocation flag, it was running smoothly.

If you don't NEED a particular flag, don't use it. Simple. You probably harm your server more than you do good. AggressiveOpts for example is barely useful, if not, shady.

Your logs probably come from

-XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled

https://www.jclarity.com/2013/12/11/poorly-chosen-java-hotspot-garbage-collection-flags-and-how-to-fix-them/

Edited by Tryskell

If the freeze is cyclic, it's probably your GC under STW. You should use visualVM (which comes along JDK on the bin folder) to see if it's that.

20G with the wrong JVM would eventually end to a 4s delay, where everything is simply frozen.

L2J doesn't benefit of 20G anyway, you should reduce it to 6 to 8 max. If I'm right about it, your delays should come faster, but long lesser. If it's true, simply edit the GC called for one which doesn't use STW effect. G1 is normally the one by default for Java 9. If your L2J doesn't use at least Java 9, verify your GC on the .bat / .sh.

Using Java 8, my personal tests concluded CMS was the most ok GC for L2J.

I doubt it's anything related to geoengine itself, until you StackOverflow somewhere. If that was the case, you would have a long ass error on your logs.

Some readings :

https://dzone.com/articles/choosing-the-right-gc

-----

If you can do any action like speaking, if other people can do whatever they want when you are actually freezing - forget what i said, it's maybe simply your engine which takes a long time to process the given path. Which goes by a complete rework of the findPath method.

Edited by Tryskell

Add

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC

and edit your  -Xms20G -Xmx20G  for  -Xmx6G

It should be normally far than enough.

Use VisualVM to see differences.

• Upvote 1

As I said, freezes are not happening everytime but it happens only when I enable geodata with the specified settings.

As I don't really understand how those settings works, can someone tell me which options can influence performance ? Maybe pathfinding takes to much sometimes when all players in the map are moving, I don't know.

If I can tweak the configuration so that pathfinding is not consuming a lot, maybe it would be better ?

@TryskellThis is my java conf actually, so I need to add a GC on it ? I use linux bash:

java -Xbootclasspath/p:./jsr167.jar -server -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Duser.timezone="Pacific/Tahiti" -Xms20G -Xmx20G -cp ../libs/lameguard.jar:config:../libs/* com.lameguard.LameGuard l2f.gameserver.GameServer > log/stdout.log 2>&1

Okay the settings are done, now I must check in game too.

Do you think those settings are good to add too ?

-XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:SurvivorRatio=8

Got those errors in log sometimes:

1089.311: [GC (Allocation Failure) 1089.311: [ParNew: 104717K->2999K(113024K), 0.0197582 secs] 2901337K->2799709K(4780904K) icms_dc=0 , 0.0199058 secs] [Times: user=0.08 sys=0.00, real=0.02 secs]
1127.703: [GC (Allocation Failure) 1127.703: [ParNew: 103479K->2708K(113024K), 0.0223378 secs] 2900189K->2799667K(4780904K) icms_dc=0 , 0.0225367 secs] [Times: user=0.08 sys=0.00, real=0.02 secs]
1162.453: [GC (Allocation Failure) 1162.453: [ParNew: 103188K->2131K(113024K), 0.0185006 secs] 2900147K->2799203K(4780904K) icms_dc=0 , 0.0186580 secs] [Times: user=0.07 sys=0.00, real=0.02 secs]
1200.053: [GC (Allocation Failure) 1200.054: [ParNew: 102611K->2388K(113024K), 0.0365686 secs] 2899683K->2799570K(4780904K) icms_dc=0 , 0.0367199 secs] [Times: user=0.08 sys=0.00, real=0.04 secs]
1233.817: [GC (Allocation Failure) 1233.817: [ParNew: 102868K->4991K(113024K), 0.0199087 secs] 2900050K->2802285K(4780904K) icms_dc=0 , 0.0200518 secs] [Times: user=0.08 sys=0.00, real=0.02 secs]
1275.089: [GC (Allocation Failure) 1275.089: [ParNew: 105471K->5713K(113024K), 0.0228596 secs] 2902765K->2803131K(4780904K) icms_dc=0 , 0.0230125 secs] [Times: user=0.09 sys=0.00, real=0.02 secs]
1313.199: [GC (Allocation Failure) 1313.200: [ParNew: 106193K->5963K(113024K), 0.0240173 secs] 2903611K->2803489K(4780904K) icms_dc=0 , 0.0242119 secs] [Times: user=0.09 sys=0.00, real=0.03 secs]

4 hours ago, lagunyve said:

Thanks.

Server is now using less RAM and we can see the improvements now. Thanks a lot @Tryskell I think you found what's wrong with my server. 

Please mark the answer that helped you solve the problem as "Correct" .

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• New Webite and Update have been released: https://somikpatch.com/Updates   All upcoming updates and infromation will be posted on the website.
    • POWERFUL BLACK MAGIC LOVE SPELL CASTERS SPIRITUAL VOODOO SPELLS CASTER uk usa ,Italy, JaMAICA South Africa,UK,USA Gauteng, Germiston, Glenanda, Sandton, Soweto, Tembisa, Heidelberg, Jeffreys Bay, Johannesburg RANDBURG Virginia Indiana Kentucky Missouri Georgia North Carolina Kentucky Ohio Alabama Nevada Oklahoma Colorado New Mexico Minnesota Louisiana Kansas Colorado North Carolina Michigan Oregon South Carolina Nebraska Arkansas Florida Utah Mississippi Indiana Arizona South Carolina Texas California Louisiana New Mexico Oklahoma Washington Missouri Maryland Iowa Idaho Maine +27630699577 DEATH SPELL / REVENGE SPELLS CASTER IN U.S.A U.K, SWITZERLAND,AMERICA,ENGLAND, CANADA. INSTANT DEATH SPELLS TO KILL ENEMIES ,Effective True Love Spells Caster, Bring Back Lost Love Spells, Voodoo Spells Caster To Stop Cheating, Black Magic Spell Caster, Death & Revenge Spells In Australia, USA, UK, Canada, Mauritius. Bring Back Lost Love Spell Caster in Tasmania Victoria West Norway Hull London Powerful Spiritual Traditional Herbalist Healer experienced in Ancestral healing and spell casting, Astrologers, African Medicines, Ritualism, Herbalist healers, Spiritual healers, Native healer, Philosophy, Traditional healers, Herbal remedies, holistic healing based in Johannesburg, Pretoria Sandton, Midrand, Centurion, South Africa. Dubai – Dubai, Abu Dhabi-AbuDhabi, Sharjah-Sharjah, Al Ain-Abu Dhabi, Ajman-Ajman, Al Gharbia-Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah-Ras al Khaimah, Fujairah-Fujairah, Dibba-Fujairah, Um AlQuwain-Um Al Quwain New York -New York, Los Angeles California, Phoenix Arizona Chicago Illinois, Houston-Texas – Philadelphia Pennsylvania -San Antonio Texas -San Diego, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, Fiji, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, south Australia. Black magic lottery spells caster in Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras Approved Lottery and Money spells that work fast in Netherlands, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras Most Powerful Spell Caster in the world, Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan Psychic Lottery Spells in Canada, Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan +27630699577 Same day Lottery Spells and Money Spells in Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq , Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Germany, Mauritius, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti Love Spells To Make Him Or Her Come Back Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia Bring Back Lost Love Spells 24 Hours Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia 100% Black magic Spells | Stop Divorce spell in Kansas, Colombia, Greater Poland, Ireland, Vienna, Salzburg, Syria. Candle Love Spells That Work Fast Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia World Love Spells Casters In South Africa, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica , Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, North, South, Kosovo, Kuwait. Best Love Spells In Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea. +27630699577 Most Effective True Love Spells Caster, Bring Back Lost Love Spells, Voodoo Spells Caster To Stop Cheating, Black Magic Spell Caster, Death & Revenge Spells In Singapore, Norway, Ecuador, France, Greece, Honduras, Ireland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Israel, Poland, Jordan, Colombia, Luxembourg, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Brunei, San Marino, Denmark, Netherlands, Malta, Spain, Cyprus, Slovenia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Estonia , Croatia, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Australia, Sweden, New Zealand, Canada, Indonesia, Seychelles, Bahamas, Panama, Finland, England, London, Namibia, Wales, Scotland Call or whatsapp : Baba Joseph Whatsapp; +27630699577 Email; babajoseph467@gmail.com
    • POWERFUL BLACK MAGIC LOVE SPELL CASTERS SPIRITUAL VOODOO SPELLS CASTER uk usa ,Italy, JaMAICA South Africa,UK,USA Gauteng, Germiston, Glenanda, Sandton, Soweto, Tembisa, Heidelberg, Jeffreys Bay, Johannesburg RANDBURG Virginia Indiana Kentucky Missouri Georgia North Carolina Kentucky Ohio Alabama Nevada Oklahoma Colorado New Mexico Minnesota Louisiana Kansas Colorado North Carolina Michigan Oregon South Carolina Nebraska Arkansas Florida Utah Mississippi Indiana Arizona South Carolina Texas California Louisiana New Mexico Oklahoma Washington Missouri Maryland Iowa Idaho Maine +27630699577 DEATH SPELL / REVENGE SPELLS CASTER IN U.S.A U.K, SWITZERLAND,AMERICA,ENGLAND, CANADA. INSTANT DEATH SPELLS TO KILL ENEMIES ,Effective True Love Spells Caster, Bring Back Lost Love Spells, Voodoo Spells Caster To Stop Cheating, Black Magic Spell Caster, Death & Revenge Spells In Australia, USA, UK, Canada, Mauritius. Bring Back Lost Love Spell Caster in Tasmania Victoria West Norway Hull London Powerful Spiritual Traditional Herbalist Healer experienced in Ancestral healing and spell casting, Astrologers, African Medicines, Ritualism, Herbalist healers, Spiritual healers, Native healer, Philosophy, Traditional healers, Herbal remedies, holistic healing based in Johannesburg, Pretoria Sandton, Midrand, Centurion, South Africa. Dubai – Dubai, Abu Dhabi-AbuDhabi, Sharjah-Sharjah, Al Ain-Abu Dhabi, Ajman-Ajman, Al Gharbia-Abu Dhabi, Ras Al Khaimah-Ras al Khaimah, Fujairah-Fujairah, Dibba-Fujairah, Um AlQuwain-Um Al Quwain New York -New York, Los Angeles California, Phoenix Arizona Chicago Illinois, Houston-Texas – Philadelphia Pennsylvania -San Antonio Texas -San Diego, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, Fiji, France, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, south Australia. Black magic lottery spells caster in Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras Approved Lottery and Money spells that work fast in Netherlands, Germany, Ghana, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras Most Powerful Spell Caster in the world, Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan Psychic Lottery Spells in Canada, Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan +27630699577 Same day Lottery Spells and Money Spells in Hong, Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq , Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon, Gambia, The Georgia, Germany, Mauritius, Greece, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti Love Spells To Make Him Or Her Come Back Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea- Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia Bring Back Lost Love Spells 24 Hours Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia 100% Black magic Spells | Stop Divorce spell in Kansas, Colombia, Greater Poland, Ireland, Vienna, Salzburg, Syria. Candle Love Spells That Work Fast Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia World Love Spells Casters In South Africa, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica , Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, North, South, Kosovo, Kuwait. Best Love Spells In Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea. +27630699577 Most Effective True Love Spells Caster, Bring Back Lost Love Spells, Voodoo Spells Caster To Stop Cheating, Black Magic Spell Caster, Death & Revenge Spells In Singapore, Norway, Ecuador, France, Greece, Honduras, Ireland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Israel, Poland, Jordan, Colombia, Luxembourg, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Brunei, San Marino, Denmark, Netherlands, Malta, Spain, Cyprus, Slovenia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Estonia , Croatia, Belgium, Austria, Germany, Australia, Sweden, New Zealand, Canada, Indonesia, Seychelles, Bahamas, Panama, Finland, England, London, Namibia, Wales, Scotland Call or whatsapp : Baba Joseph Whatsapp; +27630699577 Email; babajoseph467@gmail.com
  • Topics