Knowledge and History postpacific

I had this for a couple of years now, worked on it, trying to put the info back piece by piece. Thought other would find it useful, so I share it with you.

Its full of great info about L2Off, was the greatest community back then. Miss those times :)

Even today when I play around with off server packs I find myself searching on that archive for info, and in most cases i find it.

Attachments dont work, I still have them but they are scattered all around on my drives. Maybe in time I will mange to put them back.

So without further ado:

Spoiler

https://pp.criptomnezic.ro

user: guest

pass: letme1n

Registration is disabled, its for reading purposes only!

Hope you find it useful.

Edited by anivix
link updated
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, anivix said:

spread it like butter.

Now i feel bad i dint share it years ago.

Its part of history, postpacific was the mother of l2off, a downloadable archive, at some point would be very welcome as well.

There is an archive of postpacific shared by @smeli in there, haven't tried to import it in a database yet so untested but worth a try if you have a vb installation handy somewhere.

its the same one i got, the original filename was 123.7z shared on postpacific, dont remember if it was before or after they got hacked.

it was the base i worked on, but it needed a lot of work and research to rebuild the forum. Also it was for vbulletin 3.x had to update it to 4.x

Hope ill have time to sort all this l2off stuff i got and share it. been collecting since 2005 :D

oh, I see, very nice, thanks again for doing all that and making it public in the end without trying to auction it off in the marketplace like a true mxc member would do :D

looking forward to seeing more stuff getting shared around!

On 6/23/2018 at 1:44 AM, sepultribe said:

oh, I see, very nice, thanks again for doing all that and making it public in the end without trying to auction it off in the marketplace like a true mxc member would do :D

looking forward to seeing more stuff getting shared around!

L2 was always a hobby, i learned many things because people shared knowledge.

For money i have a job. I have yet to see someone living of only L2 servers no matter how great the server is.

1 hour ago, anivix said:

For money i have a job. I have yet to see someone living of only L2 servers no matter how great the server is.

Stalone, averia, la2dream, rpg-club, damage,mouse... And the list goes on for many Russian servers 

On 6/27/2018 at 11:55 AM, anivix said:

I was joking of course ;) hope you didn't get my post the wrong way. People on this forum would even sell their mothers for cash, it was directed at greedy people, not u.

6 hours ago, sepultribe said:

I was joking of course ;) hope you didn't get my post the wrong way. People on this forum would even sell their mothers for cash, it was directed at greedy people, not u.

its ok i know what your saying.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:09 PM, JohnBoy13 said:

Stalone, averia, la2dream, rpg-club, damage,mouse... And the list goes on for many Russian servers 

Yea i have no doubt they make shitload of money but,

The bigger the server the more people (staff) involved,

The bigger the server (more money for data center),

i dont know how much it costs to live in Russia im from Romania but i dont think that my L2 uber server with 10kk players will pay for my toilet paper or get my kids trough college.

this is not intended to piss anybody off but i just cant believe that you can have a business in the l2 private server scene and have only THAT business and be great.

if im wrong i want arguments, solid arguments its possible im wrong but in that case i want facts. its part of learning the current scene.

if i can make a business as a developer in l2 scene, imagine what the people who pay people like me actually make, you'd be shocked... $200 for a server, maybe $300 for ddos protect if your datacenter can't do it, most servers don't have large staff, maybe 3-5 people max, if there is support staff they don't usually get paid or they get paid with ig stuff - biggest part is advertising budget and for that it really only takes 1500-2k$ for a modest budget and you'll make that all back on the first hour of launch

plus if you look at the kind of servers that launch today, even the big ones, they're mostly just preconfig files with a few minor changes here and there, open the server for 1-3 months, close when money dries up and reopen, rinse and repeat over and over and over

making 100k USD / year is not unheard of for even small open/close server operators, hell one server i worked on recently made above that in 3 months and was probably 70% profit after paying staff and costs

people don't run servers for the fun of it - at least not large ones anyway, if you've run a server in the current atmosphere you'd understand why, it's not fun lol

• Upvote 1