[L2Off] L2 C1 Source Code

Hi,

After few months of work I've decompiled L2AuthD.exe (build 40504). I've tested it with patched C2 client and other C1 server parts. Original code (with minor fixes, all commented with // FIXED) can be found on bitbucket. Probably many of Extender writers have done this as well, but for those who haven't - take a look

https://bitbucket.org/master_toma/lineage2-c1-harbingers-of-war

UPDATE: 04.2018 source code has been CLOSED

I have other fixes and other parts as well, they are not finished for now, therefore. PM me for details. I'm planning to port it to newest C++ to avoid as much OS API as possible, and then port to Linux.

Any info/comments/shares are appreciated. 

02.05.2017: support for MSVC2008 (branch "legacy") was added

07.06.2017: Reverse of L2LogD.exe is finished, working with code

10.06.2017: Filters added to the MSVS project

11.06.2017 Adjustments for SINA servers: c1_ext, c4_ext and c6_ext https://bitbucket.org/master_toma/lineage2-c1-harbingers-of-war/branches/ (tested on C1, C4 and IL clients). Thanks smeli for help

01.07.2017 Decompiled and built L2LogD.exe. Feel free to test it, report issues and get sources.

08.07.2017 L2LogD sources were published

08.07.2017 L2AuthD from devel branch is built into 3 binaries: for c1, c4 and c6 support.

2469489709-builds.png

NOTE: there are no any CUSTOMS in legacy branch, except for obvious fixes. All of them are marked with comment // FIXED. All customs are going to separate branches.

02.04.2018  AuthD is fixed to work with original clean L2 C1 client

06.04.2018 Original bug in C1 binaries, that led to deadlocks 

!!! deadlock or super-lag detected!!!

!!! deadlock or super-lag detected!!!

has been fixed

15.04.2018 AuthD, LogD, CacheD have been ported to x64. Now you can build in both, x32 and x64 platforms

01.07.2018 NASC for C1 is completed and shared

15.10.2018 QuestCompiler for C1 is ready

01.06.2019 L2NPC.exe for C1+ is ready, and passed live testing on x100 server among with CacheD and other binaries

Working on L2Server.exe from C1 now - 40% done

If someone wants try join me - you are welcome, I can share IDA file (be sure you have some reputation, though), and you can help. Just PM me. All contributors will have access to the source codes

Edited by MasterToma
updates
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hi,

I've ran too much successful (and more not so succesfull :D ) L2J and L2OFF servers, mainly IL, and while L2J is easy-as-hell to extend, it's shitty as well in other aspects, so I've decided that it's time for L2OFF open source project.

After few months of work I've decompiled L2AuthD.exe (build 40504). I've tested it with patched C2 client and other C1 server parts. Original code (with minor fixes, all commented with // FIXED) can be found on bitbucket. Probably many of Extender writers have done this as well, but for those who haven't - take a look

https://bitbucket.org/master_toma/lineage2-c1-harbingers-of-war

I have other fixes and other parts as well, they are not finished for now, therefore. PM me for details. I'm planning to port it to newest C++ to avoid as much OS API as possible, and then port to Linux.

Any info/comments/shares are appreciated. 

That's looks very promising, at least that's some start to get rid of java .

Can  you tell me about game mechanics like calculating character stats(formulas), movement, interaction between (PvP,PVE), is it available in asm code or its not yet finished for release  ?

And i think most of all concerns - integrity with new chronicles client (High Five), L2 Classic is the main scope, the amount of source you provide is enough to get to that level(were you can simply run a server and let players in) and if its so how much time do you think it would require & how many coders must work on that, even with use of Java code as example + Gracia Final asm and some other extenders . 

That's looks very promising, at least that's some start to get rid of java .

Well, L2J is actually a great project, and many devs were inspired by it. The problem it's not in java, but rather in implementation details - if they would use L2OFF logic, we wouldn't have to write extenders.

Can  you tell me about game mechanics like calculating character stats(formulas), movement, interaction between (PvP,PVE), is it available in asm code or its not yet finished for release  ?

It's available in asm code, but you can't use it out of box, since someone have to decode asm-code and give meaningful names to methods and variables. It's the hardest job.

And i think most of all concerns - integrity with new chronicles client (High Five), L2 Classic is the main scope, the amount of source you provide is enough to get to that level(were you can simply run a server and let players in) and if its so how much time do you think it would require & how many coders must work on that, even with use of Java code as example + Gracia Final asm and some other extenders . 

Just to make it clear. 

I provided code for only L2AuthD, based on C1 (because many of L2AuthD extenders work on this binary) so far. But from what I've seen - it's quite easy to add IL support (based on sina's open source extenders or some others). I would say, it's a matter of few days ofr an experienced developer. I'm not aware of GF and other auth mechanics, since I'm experienced with IL mainly.

I'm decompiling right now on other parts (from C4). Having source codes of extenders (there are some opened), I would estimate adding support for IL for few months.

Since I'm focusing on decompilation, someone other should take care of porting extenders asm hooks to current code base. That's why I opened my achievements and posted it here :) Would be nice to have Vanganth code opened (since he stopped active development http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/207258-interlude-project/), or at least shared - having this, would give us very stable and robust IL + GF.

Would be nice to have Vanganth code opened (since he stopped active development http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/207258-interlude-project/), or at least shared - having this, would give us very stable and robust IL + GF.

Vanganth stopped active development but other people have payed to buy his source (ex: myself) so don't expect it to be shared like that...

MSVC has very poor support of C and C++ subset... <cstdint> is supported from MSVC2012. Unfortunately, I haven't tested it on 2008. I will add this as a comment, thank you.

@smeli, I think, you won't be able to compile it with old versions of MSVC, since I've used C++11 (auto for iterators) and cstdint header for typedefs. Note, that it's not an "extender", so you are free to use new compiler, you are not bound to 2008.

However, feel free to make a merge request to keep legacy branch compatible with older compilers. All new features are done in new devel branch, including migration to C++xx

Edited by MasterToma

you can use Cmake to generate whatever project you want, even code blocks or NMake Windows files. 

I'll download MSVC 2008 and try it. You can send me errors in PM, or create issues with errors on bitbucket.

Edited by MasterToma