how much would it cost.

hi all,

i just wanted to make a simple totally noob question:

how much would it cost to open and maintain a small priv server?

i mean i've been a player for a while,got no time with work and everything to join again official server,

all private servers i've seen are there just for the money,open and close in a second,

while i'd like to make a small priv server just for the players,no donations no subscription no nothing,

any experienced admin willing to give me a precise idea or pointing me in the right direction?

thank you very much.

There is no answer..depends the money you want to invest..you can search dedicate machines there is cheap and expensive..dunno what are you interesting to open..if you have files etc or if you need to buy any then needs more money..

Then website depends what you want to do..simply html website its not that expensive php but with scripts etc its more expensive..

Webhost thats not for discussion you can find even with 2euro monthly hosting but will not be much protected from ddos attacks..

vps 25-30 euro per month (no more than 2GB ram need for interlude unless you will have 1000+ people and then wake from your dream)

protection 150euro setup + 25euro/3month (or you will see +50000 items or players with skills from 5-6 classes and 200k damage)

website if you buy usually goes at prices of 100-150 you will need a logo usually 15-20euro and a forum and a domain name 5-15 euro per year.

you will try to buy a pack if you're not a developer, this is gets tricky you might be scammed for 200-300 euro or find for free more than you're asking, depents on the retardation level of brain by the factor of how much you like to search what you want

if u have good internet in da house with public ip address and  PC with 2+core 2+GB ram  you can make small server for friends ...

some datapack , geodata u can find for free sure  ....

mysql , java etc is too free

if u need smth better Nightw0lf say +/- good price

hi all and ty for replies,

well i'm not a developer just an old l2 player with good intentions,

i wanted to set up some decent server but as nightwolf let me understand the problem is the risk of getting scammed,

and actually i'm too much occupied with real life work so tecnically i'm braindead for reading "how to set up a priv server for dummies".

i'd need the help of a trustworthy person very competent about...seems the real problem is this.

i'll think about it.

35 minutes ago, yevonxxx said:

hi all and ty for replies,

well i'm not a developer just an old l2 player with good intentions,

i wanted to set up some decent server but as nightwolf let me understand the problem is the risk of getting scammed,

and actually i'm too much occupied with real life work so tecnically i'm braindead for reading "how to set up a priv server for dummies".

i'd need the help of a trustworthy person very competent about...seems the real problem is this.

i'll think about it.

i give u idea, dont open server at 2k18,

you will waste your free time and money for 10 ppl , just old servers get decent online, new servers die after 1h  start 

Edited by AchYlek

The truth is, if you have no time then do not open any server. There are many servers "for fun, from players for players, no donations, decent, unique" and God's know what else. Simply don't.

About prices, site ~150€, but sure thing, you can skip it and use even shared one, one page htm and that's enough. The only money you have to invest is for dedicated with protection and site/hosting. Then the pack, you  can use frozen, acis as is with 0 costs. You  can pay developer to do some custom things you have in your mind.

Like 100€ is a must.