L2jRoboto - A Fake Player Engine

Elfo

Well,I dont come on topic with bad mean, but to express my opinion . Why to make a system of fake players farming etc.  To make l2 more dead as it is ? L2 need real players to play not some bots to prove that server have people online ,  it would be 10x times better to develop new things/ideas as you do and congrats for that but im not so positive on that . Me as player in a server need to play with real players , i would leave a server using fake engine cause of no action at all.  (i know my opinion dont really matter but i think that you and other people can understand me). Thats my opinion and i point out this is not bad criticism of that system.

21 minutes ago, Generic said:

Well,I dont come on topic with bad mean, but to express my opinion . Why to make a system of fake players farming etc.  To make l2 more dead as it is ? L2 need real players to play not some bots to prove that server have people online ,  it would be 10x times better to develop new things/ideas as you do and congrats for that but im not so positive on that . Me as player in a server need to play with real players , i would leave a server using fake engine cause of no action at all.  (i know my opinion dont really matter but i think that you and other people can understand me). Thats my opinion and i point out this is not bad criticism of that system.

Well if you played in any high profile server for the past 2 years then you definitely played with bots. This is nothing new. It’s just the first time that it is publicly available.

as I said before people should not use it, but I’m still gonna develop it till I’m bored.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Generic said:

Actually it's not gonna harm something that it's most part is "dead". Many servers used this and still do,you can't stop bot world in this game no matter what.Everyone prefers real competition,and not killing bot characters,however it's only matter of time till players completely stop to play on priv servers.Game is way too old,and i agree with developing new things & ideas.So in my personal opinion,he did well developing a better system,because no matter what servers would still use this,so why not use this version instead,wich is better and look like reality,esepcially on mass pvps.

Update

Removed probability and random attack skill picking.

Added priority which drives skill picking.

Changed a few things and performance is now better than before (was able to load up to 380 in antharas without issue)

Stress tested in areas populated with mobs and even though CPU usage is clearly higher, it is not something to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

after viewing your code i see that you have long way to make this work and i am not talking about light wheighting the code...

you could make a fake system with 1 thread and 4 classes MAX (dress(skills, items), ai(attacking, movement skilluse, talking), mechanics(spawns, maps etc), and load) calls with Rnd (wont be perfect but its still shitty :D ) but you created a heavy engine without point that needs alot of work that you wont have the time eventually to finish.

after all this years i think the parts on l2 you should focus on creating should be more on new technologies and implementing them as extensions on l2 for example mailing systems live sound like radio for l2 clients live broadcasts you name it and code it this is wasting of your time and skill.

if you continue good luck to make it stable.

Edited by Nightw0lf

3 minutes ago, .Elfocrash said:

If you have only one thread then you can't have short iterations. The whole point of making them look natural is that they can make decisions on the spot.

If you iterate over 100 players in 1 second then you HAVE to guarantee that the actions for every single player will be calculated in that one second which means an average of 10ms per player. That's insane/impossible. Quick mafs.

The code is meant for scaling but it can only scale to as much hardware as you provide.

Something like this (no matter how it is coded) will be as stable as the hardware and scale.

1 thread was propably bad example should be 5 threads running every 5 seconds to act as the nerve of each class then the Rnd will do the rest, i say this because its working fine and not 200 but 5000 bots with 0 cpu tolerance its like normal server witch i tested it actually it didnt effect at all the cpu or ram

1 minute ago, .Elfocrash said:

5 seconds to make a decision is WAY to long mate.

I'd rather make something that feels normal but is heavy than something goody looking.

I already have a plan for action queuing which will improve performance A LOT as some bots won't have to be iterated for the next 3-6 seconds based on how many actions i can calculate in one iteration.

You think small, that's why you never did something big. 

Thanks for the input tho.

you dont understand the point of thread excecution and i cant explain it cause i dont know java by book the thread numbers are examples the how to use them is the point imagine a wheel running at 300km/h and you pick actions for each player

you created to many wheels at 300km/h that do actions 

but i am curious what you can do as always you have the skill but you dont go smart you go all the way arround

i felt a small satisfaction that i created it before you and it took me 4 hours creation 2 days to adjust timings (since it took me 2 hours each time to automaticly load the player count of 6000+- cause you have to fake even the login hahahahaha ) every time i was opening the server but you are right i am not the sharing person i keep "big" things for my self i dont find reasons to share

2016 is 4 years leter than mine and i described the basic work i did so you can start think better for yours already shared my thoughts with you and how you did wrong the main think of it and its not always about sharing code i shared some of my experience i had with something that has to do with your engine and i tell you again that the core is wrongly thought you can do better and i know thats why i told you all that, aside that i wish you the best