Npoly Problem - Calling All The Zone Experts Sweets And Tryskell!

tiguz

Question

Hello! It seems that NPoly just doesnt work! I dont know what im doing wrong, Im working in this 2 days already.

I ran lots of tests, and It doesnt work, with any type of polygon!  not even with a simple triangle!

L2JFrozen 1118

*I got the 3 vertices with /loc

*I created a new zone in my database (zone_vertices table) with X, Y info and in correct order.

*Then I created the zone in my zones.xml:

<zone id='3017' type='FlagZone' shape='NPoly' minZ='3000' maxZ='-9000'>
        <node X="30514" Y="73342" />
        <node X="30143" Y="72850" />
        <node X="30142" Y="73350" />
    </zone>

^ this is a simple triangle lol...Am I forgeting something?

I also tried this way: (without the coords in the xml file, just in the database)

<zone id='3017' type='FlagZone' shape='NPoly' minZ='3000' maxZ='-9000'>
    </zone>

Basically, I cant create any types of polygons, just cuboids! the Polygon zones I created long time ago are working perfectly, I just cant add new ones!

If i change the zone type to Cuboid and use just 2 vertices, it works! Cuboid also works even without creating the zone in database, just in xml it already works! but Npoly doesnt work with database record or without dtabase record wtf!

Seems that there is a problem with NPoly. But that doesnt make sense cause I have created other NPoly zones 2 years ago and they are working fine! I have a NPoly zone with 27 (twenty fucking seven) vertices, which I created 2 years ago and it is working normally lol...

Im back to developing my server after 2 years break, am I missing anything?

Edited by tiguz

7 answers to this question

Actually its not, I tested with Cuboid, with same Z values and it works.

min = 3000 and max = -9000. Ok

water level z: -3760

Your average z: -3500

z:0 is very high

Look at your values again. Are they still correct?

min = 3000 and max = -9000. Ok

water level z: -3760

Your average z: -3500

z:0 is very high

Look at your values again. Are they still correct?

If my Z values are wrong, why they work normally when I change the zone type to Cuboid? :unsure:  Also I tested many other times in different places, with different values and everytime the Cuboid works, but the NPoly doesnt :-

I will make more tests with new Z values and check it it works this time! Thank you so far,

Edited by tiguz

Reverse the 2 Z values, or fix the maxZ. If that doesn't fix it, use //zone_visual (or whatever exist on L2JFrozen, import those commands form aCis or L2J if not existing) to see visually the territories.

Finally, Poly points should draw a convex, not concave form.

Edited by Tryskell

Reverse the 2 Z values, or fix the maxZ. If that doesn't fix it, use //zone_visual (or whatever exist on L2JFrozen, import those commands form aCis or L2J if not existing) to see visually the territories.

Finally, Poly points should draw a convex, not concave form.

Thank you! Reversing the 2 Z values worked! =D