Making A Java Based Lineage 2 Server From Scratch

Love to see people argue on something that will never happen...

Continue please :3

btw MOBIUS u didnt even finish 5% of your GOD project and now this?..

Whats with you man? you have 2nd life after this one or you donated to god and received a 325 years life?

Even xdem who can make a pokemon game at Unreal not approve this.

Consider that you need to read client you have 2 options... 1 to copy other project to get their info (which instantly break your title "from scratch")

2 to make every single sentence from 0 to read client which will take ... xmm let me think.. im not sure that maxc will survive so long.

lets admit it, codes are for clowns... the hard part are 3d models, animations, textures, 3SP etc L2 as many games are standalone without need a code or a server behind...

anyway do what u feel is fine for ur time..

L2 does need a server behind actually... :lol:

You have no clue. He did amazing job on Mobius for only one person.

You really became same person with xdem.. im starting to believe that you're twins...

did you even read what i wrote? Did i comment on his work? I said is bad? No.. i just said his project has many many problems and missing features and require

a lot lot lot lot of time.. cause i was in his forum for a while and checking.. and now this?.. is all about time... 

you dont start 2 big projects at the same time.. 

L2 does need a server behind actually... :lol:

No it doesnt... at least no required.. (to be more accurate) you can move, fly, do whatever u want around.. it only come to server when u need interaction with objects or events to happen..

if server required then why i can open L2 without server and move around and hit and run and fly and transform and wear weapons?

(afc stats e.t.c not exist)

Edited by AccessDenied

Access you just showed who ignorant and idiot you are.

Everyone can learn how to use a set of tools and get orders by his boss of who the concept of what he needs to create is an make it.

Not everyone can code. Some people's brain just can't understand how it works and even if they do they cannot get into complex coding 

patterns and architectures. To me the creative part is the easy one. I didn't say it doesn't need talent, but it needs no other skill rather than

modeling and texturing understanding.

LOL why this E-attack? because of? You probably didnt get what i mean.. before u call me ignorant and idiot and everything else and move 1 step closer to kids such as backsteen

read and try to have a xmmmm how people call it i forgot... uhm... OH OH  conversation. If this E-attack is because i said code is easy part but client hard then okkkk whatever.......

Not gonna argue with you on a topic like this for something that really not interesting to me... soo nevermind..

Btw: Everyone can learn how to use a set of tools and get orders by his boss of who the concept of what he needs to create is an make it.

Really bitch?.. I hope you're joking i dont really know what to say.. what u think 3d is sony vegas that u drag and drop fucking wmv into?

what u think 3d is a fucking drag and drop box and u done? People are working for years on a fucking program (not even refer a communication between many programs

for 1 result) to understand how to make 1 thing in a different way or generaly how to make it work. You have no idea from 3d,nobody in this forum.. anytime i can prove you that u have no idea just hit me 1 pm at skype.

I never said coding is easy i just spoke for this specific GAME that even alextoti can code on.

So leave bullshit elfo to me dont talk to me like i am some fucking kiddo ok? I never judged your work dont judge my knowledge ok? As i said nobody in this forum and generaly in this country can handle a complex communication and passes between programs such as Maya and Zbrush.. even interface would make a person to throw up..

Fuck it im offtopic and i wont even open a conversation with you on that, as i wont speak with you for NET or C# cause im not good there, do not speak for graphics or 3D to me like u ever had an idea. Ill never accept anyone to talk to me for modeling while he lower me.

Edited by AccessDenied

No it doesnt... at least no required.. (to be more accurate) you can move, fly, do whatever u want around.. it only come to server when u need interaction with objects or events to happen..

if server required then why i can open L2 without server and move around and hit and run and fly and transform and wear weapons?

(afc stats e.t.c not exist)

You can do all these because client includes developer mode. No more no less. And it makes you really stupid saying that L2 Client is standalone. 

Regarding that concept project about re-writing the whole thing in java, it's plain stupid. It's like re-inventing the wheel. I'd agree with it if it was about licensing issues, but L2J is open-source. L2J already reinevnted the wheel, but it was justified as L2OFF leaked files where licensed to NCz0ft. You could just choose to optimise it to your needs.

Edited by Asmodeus

Still, l2j suffers long time issue and wrongly coded part deeply tied to how the majority of shits works which makes it difficult to work with without reworking the whole shit inside out in the end.

We considered it a few times, but yeah, not that time anymore

Never said I will start a new project.
Although I started making an abstact mmo server some months ago. :D

If you'll know me, you will get for a fact that I always work on multiple projects. Lineage or not. :P

About L2J-Mobius is not just my project, it's open source and many people contribute on it, it's more of a hobby,

if you actually take some time and check it, you will see that its progress is quite impressive compared to other similar projects.

And... to stay on topic...

I have seen noobs making servers for random mmos in a couple of months.

Crappy code, but actually working emulation. Check ragezone forums as a proof.

So don't mind telling me this is impossible.

Never said I will start a new project.

Although I started making an abstact mmo server some months ago. :D

If you'll know me, you will get for a fact that I always work on multiple projects. Lineage or not. :P

About L2J-Mobius is not just my project, it's open source and many people contribute on it, it's more of a hobby,

if you actually take some time and check it, you will see that its progress is quite impressive compared to other similar projects.

And... to stay on topic...

I have seen noobs making servers for random mmos in a couple of months.

Crappy code, but actually working emulation. Check ragezone forums as a proof.

So don't mind telling me this is impossible.

I added you at skype in case u need help dont forget that ;D i dont judge ur work i encouraged you but i just said is crazy to start such a big thing..

i am also crazy cause i started huge things while working on other 200 huge things ended up with 3 cancers in my head.. but just saying my opinion.. u can blck me and ban me..

By the way, how do you see things Mobius ? You ask to others, I'm interested about your own answer. Or at least explain accurately what was your point. Because "from scratch" means from zero, while you only speak of few features, and finally say that's not "from scratch".

If the point was to say "how to recode features", I would say... Delete all code refering to it, then write it. Like that you aren't blocked with old methods and "way of thought".

If the point was "where to focus as rework to boost performance" you said some, I said some, and I think sdw or UnAfraid said some.

Edited by Tryskell

By the way, how do you see things Mobius ? You ask to others, I'm interested about your own answer. Or at least explain accurately what was your point. Because "from scratch" means from zero, while you only speak of few features, and finally say that's not "from scratch".

If the point was to say "how to recode features", I would say... Delete all code refering to it, then write it. Like that you aren't blocked with old methods and "way of thought".

If the point was "where to focus as rework to boost performance" you said some, I said some, and I think sdw or UnAfraid said some.

We had a skype convo about that exact thing.

Starting from scratch might not worth the time while l2j or acis are done up to a level with only some sections of them need to be reworked.

@Tryskell

From scratch, means from scratch.

Of cource you can use code from L2J and re-write it, but why? Is L2J that great?

All the things I mentioned on the first post are basically the core of a server,
thus rewriting them from L2J will limit you on what must be done, maybe take more time to adapt follow L2Js logic.

My oppinion is that if you could reuse something from L2J it would be very beneficial. But I would not follow this approach.

I would do some research, maybe talk with some other develepors on how they feel and do what would seem the best solution for now.

@Elfo

You already do something like this, but on C :P

I just want to use Java, because after all those years I feel more familiar with it.

Java is actually pretty good for an MMO server, take for example project RedDwarf.