Player Count On Official Years Ago

Hello, this question has been buggin me a lot recently. Personally i started 10 years ago at C3, there were plenty of ppl on various locations, but does anyone know estimated values of online players back then? Was it like 10, 20, 30k or even more?

Greetz

Hello, this question has been buggin me a lot recently. Personally i started 10 years ago at C3, there were plenty of ppl on various locations, but does anyone know estimated values of online players back then? Was it like 10, 20, 30k or even more?

Greetz

6k max

To begin with, your client won't be able to render more than 512 people that are all on the same town or region, and your client will crash

so bullshit not more than 3-4k.

Servers that have geodata cap at 2-4k players, then eveything gets bugged

without geodata and with the proper configuration maybe theres no cap

Edited by xxdem

C4 us server had reached back then 33k online

maybe active players

but servers got 6k caps

also u should check it when they were opening god for free,

there was 6k ppl server was full and they should opening new servers 

Edited by AchYle

To begin with, your client won't be able to render more than 512 people that are all on the same town or region, and your client will crash

so bullshit not more than 3-4k.

Servers that have geodata cap at 2-4k players, then eveything gets bugged

without geodata and with the proper configuration maybe theres no cap

That 512 limit sounds interesting.

What client do you refer to ? Are you counting any object type or just player ?

That 512 limit sounds interesting.

What client do you refer to ? Are you counting any object type or just player ?

it was not 512 but if there was more ppl, your client started crash 

idk, thats just abstract raw knowledge based on tests

Not even close to true.

No one would make an MMO with such a client limitation. Sounds really really stupid. 

Now, if it is true then it really sucked back then but i highly doubt that this is true.

• 3 weeks later...

Not even close to true.

No one would make an MMO with such a client limitation. Sounds really really stupid. 

Now, if it is true then it really sucked back then but i highly doubt that this is true.

obvious memory leaks related to drops are still present in latest chronicles

so i have no doubts early chronicles was shitfest on full load xD

Its weird. Lineage is written on unreal engine which is properly coded (and i think it doesnt leak) and so using their classes/deriving shouldnt leak too. I wonder where is the flaw

Greetz

I dont think there was an limit per players , unreal engine solves easily this kind of issues by giving the player less objects in back view/background and a bit more in front view/around camera position, so more player move in certain location the more objects get rendered, it applies not only to player models, but on objects, effects and all other stuff, i forgott how its called this technique but i was reading about it .

Edited by LightFusion