Open Source Classic L2J Project?

I am just curious. Would you guys want an L2j Classic project?

See the reason i am asking is because people are asking for it lately and as the classic eu server is laucnhed, mining data and info to develop 

the classic l2j project would be easier than ever before.

My only concern is that I myself don't have time to play the official classic in order to get all the information needed but if people are willing to help then this would be a great way to fill some spare time.

Here is a short video to show that there is an l2j base already in order to develop stuff.

NOTE: EVEN THOUGH I WANNA DO THIS I WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT DO IT IF I DON'T FEEL THAT IT WILL BECOME SOMETHING THAT I WILL BE PROUD OF. I WANT IT TO BE SOMETHING LIKE ACIS AND ACIS FOR ME IS THE STANDARD FOR EVERY PROJECT I AM MAKING LATELY.

You can go for it. If there will not be any interest, you can stop the developing.

You could even get your section on aCis if you are going to base on it. I guess Tk wouldnt mind, more or less, cuz of the free cycle/your project upgrade (delayed upgrade following free cycle?) :p

You can go for it. If there will not be any interest, you can stop the developing.

You could even get your section on aCis if you are going to base on it. I guess Tk wouldnt mind, more or less, cuz of the free cycle/your project upgrade (delayed upgrade following free cycle?) :P

Can basing it on acis would not be wise as it already uses packets for ertheia stuff like the clan entry system and all the stuff.

Mobius as base is the best and kinda only option i have if i do this.

Just one Info before you leach /sell your work to Everyone: http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/199145-joke-private-servers/

• Your pratically going to build a Classic L2J Pack for the community...
  • Those who lack Developing Skills should never put a Classic Server Online, just as it is mentioned on the Joke Private Server's Topic - Everyone can add one custom here and there and voila you have the cake.

If you are going to give them the all Classic L2J Pack even for Money, someone will probabily leach it, and we will have 1 thousand Servers again...

That's why i only announced Lineage II Warpgate Classic Yesterday, i knew everyone would be interested on developing one aswell  :dat:

Edited by DEV|Supreme

http://www.maxcheaters.com/topic/199263-private-classic-server/?do=findComment&comment=2529537

I'm referencing this post so people can catch up with the convo.

for what i see you are doing nothing but planning to make classic be as common as interlude is nowadays, giving the chance to everybody with no knowledge about development to run their private server to 10 players..

by this you are doing nothing but killing the new hopes people have about playing a good classic server with plenty of players and a developer that really knows what to do to run a proper server

Can basing it on acis would not be wise as it already uses packets for ertheia stuff like the clan entry system and all the stuff.

Mobius as base is the best and kinda only option i have if i do this.

That can be moved to acis easily. Clan entry is on L2J Ertheia branch too, both Mobius and L2J have bugs on it you will find out easy and I also forgot to impl role based search in the days.

Why are you so scared with packet ?

First, if you develop something, do it for you, because otherwise you will lack of motivation (not later than yesterday, sahar blocked me on Skype saying I'm SELFISH - while developing a freemium concept for everyone since 5y and I simply said "stop to spam" while he was spamming me) I don't even speak about Customers complaining about broken things, even if you commit and fix something there will have complains. So the real, important point is, are you ready for that case and are you ready for a long time developement, where people will throw you stones and some others will eventually help you (but you will have more stones than help) ?

The second point is, and I will go versus other ppl here, it's not your problem if there are good and bad servers based on your sources ; you provide sources for a (chosen or not) category of people, and that's it.

Even for L2 community, it's not a problem, as servers with shitty gameplay will die anyway.

If you want to make a unique, good L2Classic server, the answer would be to develop it for you and launch it for you. Because there would have only a single server on the whole earth. People complaining about bad servers would be salty if that was the case, isn't it ? They couldn't make their own servers, because there won't have any pack for it.

L2J finally would be at the hands of really few ppl, like L2OFF is actually (simply see how friendly are L2OFF ppl when you ask something). Is it a good scenario ? I'm not really sure, because where L2OFF is already "ended", L2J needs handwork. If you don't want fixed servers in 2040, then you have to rely on the number. Moreover, when one private fork source dies, the work is simply trashed and others ppl have to begin back from zero.

Imagine if the fire secret would be kept by a single ppl, and you couldn't cook your food without asking to that single person.

Sorry I can't stop laughing at that sahar part after all the drama queen shit he made on L2J. I had to say it.

/offtopicend

Well I'm aware he already did such drama on L2J forums (as I check them) and L2JFrozen back in time.

Not a big deal, but so far I addressed a lot of issues he reported and still find me "selfish" when he speaks about another problem. Where he could simply write a hidden topic on aCis section, and wait for answer. I maybe should make aCis private, and rent servers with copies of aCis on it, like some L2OFF do. And sell my time to develop. And stop to help and participate to that section for free. And monetize my advices.

Anyway... Not really the debate.

----

To resume my last statement on previous post, I don't believe to full open source (a lot of users, but 0 contribution), as I don't believe in full private (keep secret and die alone).

Edited by Tryskell

Well I'm aware he already did such drama on L2J forums (as I check them) and L2JFrozen back in time.

Not a big deal, but so far I addressed a lot of issues he reported and still find me "selfish" when he speaks about another problem. Where he could simply write a hidden topic on aCis section, and wait for answer. I maybe should make aCis private, and rent servers with copies of aCis on it, like some L2OFF do. And sell my time to develop. And stop to help and participate to that section for free. And monetize my advices.

Anyway... Not really the debate.

----

To resume my last statement on previous post, I don't believe to full open source (a lot of users, but 0 contribution), as I don't believe in full private (keep secret and die alone).

To be fair your freemium system might work better than the completely opensource model.

for what i see you are doing nothing but planning to make classic be as common as interlude is nowadays, giving the chance to everybody with no knowledge about development to run their private server to 10 players..
by this you are doing nothing but killing the new hopes people have about playing a good classic server with plenty of players and a developer that really knows what to do to run a proper server

Nah, you don't know who might have the budget and the ideas but not the files to do something new and exciting. 

That can be moved to acis easily. Clan entry is on L2J Ertheia branch too, both Mobius and L2J have bugs on it you will find out easy and I also forgot to impl role based search in the days.

Why are you so scared with packet ?

I'm not scared with packets, im really confident with them. The thing is that for many reasons that im not gonna list here, an Ertheia base the the best option.
Edited by .Elfocrash

Both domain and webhosting purchased and uploaded the first commit in svn.

L2jVelvet, a Classic 2.0 project will go online by the end of the day. Stay tuned.

I would have gone for the cleaner base whatever version :/

It's not that simple, I'm sure you understand. I will clean it up, i don't have an issue with that.