L2Jesios - Truly Back, Truly Yours, Truly Free

Elfosass

Are you gonna decompile the whole l2jserver.jar? Good luck with that.

What makes you to think they are willing to decompile the whole jar? Decompiling your customs is all they need.

What makes you to think they are willing to decompile the whole jar? Decompiling your customs is all they need.

Dude I won't make it be so easy. You will get what I mean soon. However if they do it and succeed they can use them all they want :)

Dude I won't make it be so easy. You will get what I mean soon. However if they do it and succeed they can use them all they want :)

Be careful about encryption, you may screw up the performance.

Well if i was about to use a pack, i wouldn't like someone else to be able to control me if you get my point. I don't really think it will have much success. If you really want to contribute somehow this isn't the right way in my opinion because:

(i'll speak about myself)

-I will not be able to check the code (that means i can't edit, i can't learn anything about coding, im just using your features)

-If one day you decide to stop providing services for the project, files will be literally useless (bugs, missworking stuff, update fixes wont be possible)

I guess that the limitations you are adding is the "problem" on the project side....

Good Luck anyway! 

Well if i was about to use a pack, i wouldn't like someone else to be able to control me if you get my point. I don't really think it will have much success. If you really want to contribute somehow this isn't the right way in my opinion because:

(i'll speak about myself)

-I will not be able to check the code (that means i can't edit, i can't learn anything about coding, im just using your features)

-If one day you decide to stop providing services for the project, files will be literally useless (bugs, missworking stuff, update fixes wont be possible)

I guess that the limitations you are adding is the "problem" on the project side....

Good Luck anyway! 

no source no fun,gl with your "craproject"

• 2 weeks later...

Decompiling source just to take a feature is stupid, you'll loose much more time then to actually code it from the scratch.

But giving people compiled server is not cool, those who do that cannot really feel secure without having the source so they can see all, i'd recommend you to make your features on top of existing open source project.

An example can be plugins system simple SPI, a simple jar drop on libs folder would be enough, plugin will have access to the source with listeners u may do everything, also feels more clean, you can even obfuscate it, make some ip auth or whatever pointless restriction.

Decompiling source just to take a feature is stupid, you'll loose much more time then to actually code it from the scratch.

But giving people compiled server is not cool, those who do that cannot really feel secure without having the source so they can see all, i'd recommend you to make your features on top of existing open source project.

An example can be plugins system simple SPI, a simple jar drop on libs folder would be enough, plugin will have access to the source with listeners u may do everything, also feels more clean, you can even obfuscate it, make some ip auth or whatever pointless restriction.

It will be open source don't worry. I made a plugin system and it runs smoothly but i just don't see the point as i am not aiming to make money out of this.