Pet Ai Attack

AccessDenied

Question

Hello recently i played star wars old republic and i got inspired an idea of the pet / summon

that it auto-attack the target that you attack.

Tried to do a code in L2Character (btw use F & High5)

final L2Summon pet = this.getPet();

doAttack(L2Character target)

{

if (!(pet == null))

{

pet.getAi().getIntention(CTRL.INTENTION.DOAttack. target)

}

something like this but it give error 

any way on how to control attack of our summon / pet to attack the enemy even if is L2MonsterInstance or L2PcInstance object?

Thanks a lot

Ps. i'm not starter in java so speak freely, any answer i would appreciate it i just stuck.

2h8dedl.png

Edited by AccessDenied

if (pet != null)
	pet.getAi().getIntention(CTRL.INTENTION.DOAttack. target);

Yes this i wrote it manually here no copy paste thats why the mistakes thats exactly what i wrote in eclipse before i erase it

but when i try hit with my char the other char the wolf walking next ot me and suddedly stop and the gameserver spammed with errors about AI

Ps. thats my code

if (pet != null)
if (target instanceof L2Character)
pet.getAI().setIntention(CtrlIntention.AI_INTENTION_ATTACK, target);
Edited by AccessDenied

Put RequestActionUse cases 16/22 (pet attack action) after existing content of L2PcInstance.doAttack( - filters the useless checks if necessary.

Put RequestActionUse cases 16/22 (pet attack action) after existing content of L2PcInstance.doAttack( - filters the useless checks if necessary.

case 16:

case 22: // Attack (pet attack)

maybe i should write the code in there?

if (target != null && pet != null && pet != target && activeChar != target && !pet.isBetrayed())
{
activeChar.getPet().getAI().setIntention(CtrlIntention.AI_INTENTION_ATTACK, target);
}

No.

Then maybe u could tell me which file control what cause as far i saw in Lineage 2 is a mess..

From what i understood the method that i need to add the check is inside the

doAttack cause is @override

but the whats the proper way to make your pet attack ?

I hardly can do better version than previous version. I gave names of classes, what to copy and where to copy. I can also use Paint and draw it with arrows and print screens because I'm gifted, but you will probably sell my valuable art.

I hardly can do better version than previous version. I gave names of classes, what to copy and where to copy. I can also use Paint and draw it with arrows and print screens because I'm gifted, but you will probably sell my valuable art.

awwww you so cute <3 well i know you're gifted no need to tell me and yes i would sell your valuable art to my sister for 1 lolipop.

She is willing to buy it tho.. well let me try again.. 

Thanks by the way 

So you mean something like this

L2PcInstance.java 

@Override
public void doAttack(final L2Character target)
{

final L2Summon pet = getPet();

if (target != null && pet != null)
{
if (pet.isAttackingDisabled())
{
if (pet.getAttackEndTime() > GameTimeController.getGameTicks())
}
else
{
return;
}
}

Nooo, RequestActonUse.java file case 16 and 22. Check the file, you will figure it out.

Yes thank you sir for answer i did check afcourse the case 22 cause the 16 is empty

so in the case 22 it just has some check such as

case 22: // Attack (pet attack)

if (target != null && pet != null && pet != target && activeChar != target && !pet.isBetrayed())
				{
						else
							return;

if (pet instanceof L2PetInstance && pet.getLevel() - activeChar.getLevel() > 20)
					{
						activeChar.sendPacket(SystemMessage.getSystemMessage(SystemMessageId.PET_TOO_HIGH_TO_CONTROL));
						return;
					}

if (activeChar.isInOlympiadMode() && !activeChar.isOlympiadStart())
					{
						// if L2PcInstance is in Olympia and the match isn't already start, send a Server->Client packet ActionFailed
						activeChar.sendPacket(ActionFailed.STATIC_PACKET);
						return;
					}

if (target.getActingPlayer() != null && pet.getOwner().getSiegeState() > 0 && pet.getOwner().isInsideZone(L2Character.ZONE_SIEGE) && target.getActingPlayer().getSiegeState() == pet.getOwner().getSiegeState() && target.getActingPlayer() != pet.getOwner() && target.getActingPlayer().getSiegeSide() == pet.getOwner().getSiegeSide())
					{
						//
						if (TerritoryWarManager.getInstance().isTWInProgress())
							sendPacket(SystemMessage.getSystemMessage(SystemMessageId.YOU_CANNOT_ATTACK_A_MEMBER_OF_THE_SAME_TERRITORY));
						else
							sendPacket(SystemMessage.getSystemMessage(SystemMessageId.FORCED_ATTACK_IS_IMPOSSIBLE_AGAINST_SIEGE_SIDE_TEMPORARY_ALLIED_MEMBERS));
						sendPacket(ActionFailed.STATIC_PACKET);
						return;
					}

if (!activeChar.getAccessLevel().allowPeaceAttack() && activeChar.isInsidePeaceZone(pet, target))
					{
						activeChar.sendPacket(SystemMessage.getSystemMessage(SystemMessageId.TARGET_IN_PEACEZONE));
						return;
					}
					if (pet.getNpcId() == 12564 || pet.getNpcId() == 12621)
					{
						// sin eater and wyvern can't attack with attack button
						activeChar.sendPacket(ActionFailed.STATIC_PACKET);
						return;
					}

if (pet.isLockedTarget())
					{
						pet.getOwner().sendPacket(SystemMessage.getSystemMessage(SystemMessageId.FAILED_CHANGE_TARGET));
						return;
					}

pet.setTarget(target);
					if (target.isAutoAttackable(activeChar) || _ctrlPressed)
					{
						if (target instanceof L2DoorInstance)
						{
							if (((L2DoorInstance) target).isAttackable(activeChar) && pet.getNpcId() != L2SiegeSummonInstance.SWOOP_CANNON_ID)
						}
						// siege golem AI doesn't support attacking other than doors at the moment
						else if (pet.getNpcId() != L2SiegeSummonInstance.SIEGE_GOLEM_ID)
					}
					else
					{
						pet.setFollowStatus(false);
						pet.getAI().setIntention(CtrlIntention.AI_INTENTION_FOLLOW, target);
					}
				}
				break;

those are just check.. exept the first part right?

Not only checks, read better. If it was only checks, then the attack button from summon panel couldn't work. That entire code is the button from client. As you can see, your 2 lines will probably work, but wouldn't handle all regular conditions. The case 22 is the whole pet attack behavior, no matter the summon (siege summons and sin eaters included).

If you read more deeply, you can see

About the lollipop, I will consider the offer depending the original taste, if you or your sister already used it, if your sister is cute and is willing to go out with me if she is aged 20+, or if you rolled it in a dog poo. The lollipop, not the sister.

Edited by Tryskell

Not only checks, read better. If it was only checks, then the attack button from summon panel couldn't work. That entire code is the button from client. As you can see, your 2 lines will probably work, but wouldn't handle all regular conditions. The case 22 is the whole pet attack behavior, no matter the summon (siege summons and sin eaters included).

If you read more deeply, you can see

About the lollipop, I will consider the offer depending the original taste, if you or your sister already used it, if your sister is cute and is willing to go out with me if she is aged 20+, or if you rolled it in a dog poo. The lollipop, not the sister.

Alright yes i saw that line afcourse 

i saw this 

else

return;

but this must go right into L2PcInstance.java       into the @override doAttack 

so it will happen when you attack another player and also make a 

final L2Summon pet = this.getPet();

but still i get an error.. i dont really understand both are really helpful (You and SweetS) but you keep showing me

where i can get the line from which is not what im asking i know the line i dont need even copy it..

whats problem is that when attack it give the error that i show you.

And now that i added this line 

16kri2p.png

now it doesnt even attack at all .. and no pet is not null or the target is not null either..

really thank you both and sorry if i waste your time ..

Ps. she is hot and she is 22, i can tell her to lick it slowly and ill deliver it to you :3

(Error below)

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.l2jserver.gameserver.model.actor.L2Character.doAttack(L2Character
.java:738)
        at com.l2jserver.gameserver.model.actor.L2Character$AIAccessor.doAttack(
L2Character.java:3747)
        at com.l2jserver.gameserver.ai.L2SummonAI.thinkAttack(L2SummonAI.java:93
)
        at com.l2jserver.gameserver.ai.L2SummonAI.onEvtThink(L2SummonAI.java:144
)
        at com.l2jserver.gameserver.ai.L2CharacterAI.onEvtArrived(L2CharacterAI.
java:706)
        at com.l2jserver.gameserver.ai.AbstractAI.notifyEvent(AbstractAI.java:45
9)
        at com.l2jserver.gameserver.ai.AbstractAI.notifyEvent(AbstractAI.java:34
6)
        at com.l2jserver.gameserver.GameTimeController$MovingObjectArrived.run(G
ameTimeController.java:209)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Edited by AccessDenied

I'm taking your sister, period.

@Override
    public void doAttack(L2Character target)
    {
        final L2Summon pet = getPet();

if (pet != null)
            pet.getAI().setIntention(CtrlIntention.ATTACK, target);

super.doAttack(target);
        clearRecentFakeDeath();
    }

hasAi() check too, even if there is no reason you don't have AI anymore. And as I said, you miss all checks so don't expect it works fine for particular cases.

Edited by Tryskell