[Guide] Your own custom glows!

sess

(Note, will be testing stuff for this guide, so will be updated)

Yes, people want it and people shall get it!

Files needed:

l2encdec or l2fileedit

Working lineage2 env.int

Guide start:

So, you want your own cool custom glows and not the boring blue and red ones? Well, heres your chance!

Decode and open up env.int

You'll get a long text file with all this writing.  Most of it you can ignore since alot of it is normal environment settings.  Scroll down until you see lines like these (Note: r1=,g1=,b1= will change):

Enchant0=(R1=0,G1=10,B1=20,R2=0,G2=0,B2=30,Opacity=0.1,Num=0.1)
Enchant1=(R1=0,G1=10,B1=20,R2=0,G2=0,B2=30,Opacity=0.1,Num=0.1)
Enchant2=(R1=0,G1=10,B1=20,R2=0,G2=0,B2=30,Opacity=0.1,Num=0.1)
Enchant3=(R1=0,G1=10,B1=20,R2=0,G2=0,B2=30,Opacity=0.1,Num=0.1)

That is what we are looking for, and ill break it down.

Enchant0= is at what enchant the glow is at.

R1=0,G1=10,B1=20 is what the color is in RGB mode.

R2=0,G2=0,B2=30 is what the color will change to.

Opacity=0.1, Not sure, probably the opacity with the amount of flame on the weapon.

Num=0.1 is the amount of flame on your weapon.  If you set this to high, it will look very bad.

So, no we know what we need to edit.

If we want a glow from say Red to blue at +16 it would be a little somthing like this:

Enchant16=(R1=255,G1=0,B1=0,R2=0,G2=0,B2=255,Opacity=50,Num=3)

If you would like, you can make +0 - +3 glow too so if guards have weapons they will glow.  Right above the normal color menu is this:

EnchantMeshShow=4
EnchantEffectShow=7

Change it to

EnchantMeshShow=0
EnchantEffectShow=0

Now, you know how to do change the colors.  But how do you GET the color code? Easy, photoshop or paint and look for the RGB values.

Note: Anything black, close to black or anything with black in it will be transparent.  Im trying to figure out how to disable that.

Hero Glow Guide! (Thanks to killer_007)

Go into weapongrp.dat and count how many it is until Is_hero on the top.

Go down to the item you want with hero weapin glow and change the value from 0 to 1

My glow sets i made:

Sample: http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/344/glowsmg3.jpg

Download:  http://files.filefront.com//;6519401;;/

hmmm thanks 4 ur share!!! i've been looking for this almost 2 months! but.. i need the RGB values... plz upload the file... ty! keep up with the good work

I cannot give all the RGB values as there is (yes, i did the math) 16,581,375 possible color codes to choose from.  To find them yourself, go into paint.  On the top click colors -> edit colors.  click define custom colors.  A box should come up on the right.

Move the crosshair around, and on the very right i would suggest moving the arrow to the middle or higher.  Now if you move the cross hair around the RGB value will show up.

Very nice share!!I saw it at the russian site but couldn't download it as the link was broken!!!

The way that hero weapon colour is added to a weapon has changed from c4 to c5 (or i think so). If the edit of the is_hero column does not work, or if you get an error, you have to set it back to -1 and then...

open fileeditc5, open the weapongrp.dat

save it to a .txt file WITH ANOTHER NAME

open EXCEL and open file <all types> and open your .txt

find the id of the hero weapon (example...if you want to add the hero glow on a bow, find the hero bow)

copy-paste to your weapon you wish to add the texture of glow the columns... junk 1A and junk 1B.

I think that i can make it also to have the hero glow, and the enchant glow :P Blue + hero glow =  :o I gonna try it :P

Some colours: (from rz, i had them on a .txt and i don't have the posters name)

R:255 G:0 B:0 = Red

R:0 G:255 B:0 = Green

R:0 G:0 B:255 = Blue

R:255 G:0 B:255 = Magenta

R:255 G:255 B:0 = Yellow

R:0 G:255 B:255 = Cyan

R:255 G:255 B:255 = White

R:0 G:0 B:0 = Black

• 1 month later...

http://rapidshare.com/files/20352632/Chaos_Spectrum_1.1.zip.html

ayto to prog einai gia na vlepete ta xrwmata kai tous kwdikous tou ka8enos....kaliptei terastia poikilia (to firefly einai pio mikro alla exei ta vasika colors)

TRANSLATION

This Program is to see every color and its prospective code at GRB...it covers a huge variety of colors(the program firefly is a small prog about the basic colors...open the chaos spectrum for a bigger variety)

• 2 weeks later...

how can i make to change like 4-5 colors one after another??? i get 3 colors but i want 4-5 :(

could you tell me what you do and manage to display 3 colors?

i have made it by mistake but now i didnt remember it :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

FOund one pack o new colors for C5....

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/30521785/color_Enchant_c5.7z

• 2 weeks later...