About Ddos Protections

raF

Hello. Ive seen on few host companies that they providing DDos protection with 130, 160ggps or something else. What these numbers means and how to pick the best protection for my server?

I recommend a server from OVH or HyperFilter... these numbers are a marketing tricks. You should be engaged in a zomby military operation in order to reach something like 130 - 160 gbps DDoS, only a few (well-known) companies have expired such a DDoS attacks. As a excuse, an reseller can tell you that you have been hitted by 100gbps, while the real attacks is 400 - 500mbps but its product cannot handle it.

Until now, there are people who can hit up to 300GBps. But, be sure that no one of these guys/groups will consider hitting your server. Mostly they hit companies, governments and other famous sectors. They do it for money, fame, and self happiness.

L2 server owners and/or players will hit maximum up to 3-5GBps if they know what they're doing. But don't get stressed about that, most of them purchase booters/botnets with a fixed time of attacks.

Until now, there are people who can hit up to 300GBps. But, be sure that no one of these guys/groups will consider hitting your server. Mostly they hit companies, governments and other famous sectors. They do it for money, fame, and self happiness.

L2 server owners and/or players will hit maximum up to 3-5GBps if they know what they're doing. But don't get stressed about that, most of them purchase booters/botnets with a fixed time of attacks.

What's the best value for money dedicated servers company right now for l2j also what's the best way to setup your server for maximum protection?

then how Stalone got down with ovh including external protections ,probably 3 protections so far ?  :dat:

2 tb attack? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Get real, you cannot take down a OVH server... if it was that easy for some random to do it, they won't exist. :lol:

And 2tb attack while the hugest one EVER was about 350gbps (against CloudFlare)?? You should avoid a suspicious re-sellers next time!

Get real, you cannot take down a OVH server... if it was that easy for some random to do it, they won't exist. :lol:

And 2tb attack while the hugest one EVER was about 350gbps (against CloudFlare)?? You should avoid a suspicious re-sellers next time!

Tales is placed on OVH and it went down few times

Tales is placed on OVH and it went down few times

Small interruptions i'd call that, not 'take down'. Unless it was closed for days or so.

P.S. I never had any kind of ddos problems with ovh.

Edited by An4rchy

So I just get something like this and everythings gonna be fine? Do I need any extra protections or ?

https://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/enterprise/2014-SP-64.xml

first of  all, you wont get ddosed on a newbie project, second, you dont need such a machine to run a l2 server for under 2k online

Edited by pto

and afaik ovh ddos protection do not filter all kind of malicious traffic, so it will prolly still let some people get your server lagged, especially on 100mb pipe :P

who want to take down ovh mashine and have money on his pocket pm me!

cheers!

I like to see you against a network administrator with a hundreds of thousands of annual salary :lol: