Upgrade My Pc Or Buy New?

hackerz0r

I hope you know how to read, or maybe you missed my point in my 1st reply on this thread.

My total price for my setup was 600 euro TOTAL, and all my purchased components are "new" ( viva le Black Friday in CZ )

As i said, make a general configuration setup for this price, based on Intel cpu/mobo.

Again i will repeat that every brain active human knows that Intel > AMD on benchmarks and others.

Budget ?

Depending on what are you planning to do with your computer... If you're doing recording,rendering and streaming then you should go with something like AMD FX 8350 or AMD Phenom II X6 Black 1100T.

Nowadays games wont use more than 4 cores (well maybe some mmo games would because they're heavy CPU intensive). People on the internet saying that next-gen consoles (x86 platform) will use up to 8 cores on next-gen games, meh you never know...

Will be perfect if you could give us your budget (<money you planning to spend).

Anyway here's my suggestions.

High budget:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K - (~200e) - It's the default/recommended choice for gaming build also i guess you're not planning overclocking so the non K version should be fine for you.

GPU: ATI Radeon HD7950 - (~300e-280e) - I'm not really fan of ATI but dude with 3GB Graphic memory and free game bundles in this price, you gotta love them.

MOBO: Asrock Z77 Pro3 - (~80e) - Buying a good motherboard for better system stability :)

PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX500 80Plus Bronze - (~60e) - Always buy certificated power supply for better results under loads/stability/protection.

RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 x2 - (~40-35e) -  Meh, i like them.

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA HDD - (~60e) - Nothing specially. Your choice.

TOTAL: 780e~

Limited budget:

CPU: AMD FX 6300 - (~100e) - Why 6 cores ? We all know windows is running background threads so the cores wont be wasted. Also i think is good deal for ~100e because you get the similar performance with i5 3570K when it comes to multitasking.

GPU: ATI Radeon HD7870 - (~190-200e) - Bundles bundles bundles... You can check GeForce 660GTX for similar performance/price.

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 - (~80-90e) - Decent motherboard.

PSU: Corsair Builder Series CX500 80Plus Bronze - (~60e) - ^

RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - (~40-35e) - ^

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA HDD - (~60e) - ^

TOTAL: 580e~

I didn't add PC peripherals such as mouse/keyboard etc.

Why AMD ATI and not Nvidia ?

More Memory, less money, tons of game bundles, not so far from Nvidia.

Also nvidia launched geforce 700 series, it was just a 'revamp' of 600 series nothing special wider memory bus meh still using only 2GB graphic memory meh..

AMD & INTEL:

What the difference between these two on games ? (for example 6300 vs 3570k 'n same graphic card).

Depending on game will be more CPU intensive? With Intel you may win 6~13FPS.

More GPU intensive ? With AMD you'll lose 3~6FPS.

Is it worth to pay 100E more and gain 15~10 FPS more ? 

In my opinion NO.

This is just a version of default clocked 5GHz FX 8350 that made for marketing/advertising and GWR nothing special. Buying a stock 8350 with evo 212 and you'll able to get in his territory.

Competition.

Also keep in mind many benchmarks software/sites are sponsored by Intel since he's dominating on marketing/advertising ;)

Έχω ένα desktop εδώ και 7 περίπου χρόνια με τα παρακάτω χαρακτηριστικά :

CPU: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86GHz

Ram: DIMM1: Kingston    512 MB DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM  (5.0-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)  (4.0-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)  (3.0-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

DIMM3: Kingston    512 MB DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM  (5.0-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)  (4.0-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz)  (3.0-3-3-9 @ 200 MHz)

Motherboard : Gigabyte 945p-s3

Λογισμικό : Windows XP

Η χρήση που θέλω να κάνω είναι απλή σερφαρισμά και έτσι και απο παιχνίδια μόνο το Football Manager 2014 θα παίζω οπότε θέλω ένα pc που να μπορώ να τρέξω άνετα το παιχνίδι χωρίς κολλήματα γιατί σε αυτο που έχω τώρα μου βγάζει όλη την ώρα όταν δοκίμασα να παίξω το Football Manager 2012 ότι η εικονική μνήμη είναι ελάχιστη οπότε η ραμ μου θέλει σίγουρα αναβάθμιση, πιο πολύ για αυτόν τον λόγο θέλω να κάνω μια αναβάθμιση τουλάχιστον ένα φορμάτ γιατι δεν έχω κάνει ποτέ! Σκέφτομαι να αγοράσω λάπτοπ λόγω ότι δεν είμαι πολλές ώρες στο σπίτι λόγω δουλειάς η να κάνω αναβάθμιση στο desktop;

Καλα ρε τσακαλε με τετοιο pc πως καταφερες και μπηκες στο mxc? :you serious?:

ή μηπως παιζουν mb στο κινητο και ξηγηθηκες αλλιως ? :-beep- yeah:

Edited by Napster321

Upgrade for sure dude your PC its from 1993 lel.

The cheapest PC now has i4 CPU and so on.

ναι ρε τρελεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεε

to i4 σου εχει μεινει απο τον στρατο γιοτα?

Edited by Napster321

go for i3 lol and check for the integrated GPU then 1333mhz ram is ok even for dota2 and LOL games that want more specifications

if you cant play with i3 GPU go buy a cheap asus 810mhz core speed and play as i did

i was playing with i5 and it's gpu and after 1 year i burnt it so i bought an asus 810mhz and playing everything

your choice in ny opinion you can go cheaper than 500 euros

ναι ρε τρελεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεεε

to i4 σου εχει μεινει απο τον στρατο γιοτα?

ahahhahahahahahahahaahhahahahaha

aida.jpg

A benchmark between 550$ Intel i7 4930K vs 850$ AMD FX-9590

AMD  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:

Edited by xdem

aida.jpg

A benchmark between 550$ Intel i7 4930K vs 850$ AMD FX-9590

AMD  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:  :troll:

Sure, why not.Spend 1k euros on a CPU for a gaming pc.Even better if the PC is gonna be used for really light applications. :forever alone like a boss:

Also, it's 4960 not 4930.That's a big difference in price and performance.

Seriously now, you are stupid (or spoiled) if you buy a 350 euros cpu instead of a 180 just to get 5-8 more frames in the games.

Edited by ShuN^

Sure, why not.Spend 1k euros on a CPU for a gaming pc.Even better if the PC is gonna be used for really light applications. :forever alone like a boss:

Seriously now, you are stupid (or spoiled) if you buy a 350 euros cpu instead of a 180 just to get 5-8 more frames in the games.

and fot 1 batery of energy / month saved for cooling. :))

dude when the read / write is 200% faster there is a difference, yea intel are overpriced but still, the intel will last more

For example amd still uses 32nm technology on their cpu, while intel keeps improving. Maybe AMD will reach 22nm in 1-2 years cause they are way back in technology

will last more? my 10 yo amd contradict you. it still work as charm.

anyway where do you take those info? your mind? cuz im sure intel isn't 200% faster than amd at the same price