Upgrade My Pc Or Buy New?

hackerz0r

will last more? my 10 yo amd contradict you. it still work as charm.

anyway where do you take those info? your mind? cuz im sure intel isn't 200% faster than amd at the same price

It is, check the benchmark above, Intel's 1000$ versus amd's 900$ has 250% faster read

This CPU good for overclocking. Up to ~3.0GHz

Dual core CPUs are pretty much useless nowadays, I'd overclock mine only to set it up to the maximum frequency I could get till it burns up

will last more? my 10 yo amd contradict you. it still work as charm.

You didnt got my point cause you are a blind amd lover, let me explain you what I mean

Technology imporves over time, as the years come more powerful games and aplications arive, but every time the resources they need for normal operation increases, let me give you some pc examples sinces it our main subject:

You will play with a expensive cpu games of the feature with less problems, but the cheaper your cpu is it will get outdated fast

1 Core or 2 Core cpus are useless now

An old/cheap gpu card is useless when it comes to 2012 < games

so you are saying that an amd will not handle next gen games just because is amd ? cuz this is what you actually say. (since most of us agreed that at the same price an amd will be at least equal with an intel)

and no, a normal person will not pay 2x more the price just because the model was just launched, but will buy one at its normal price and when that can't stand anymore to the latest games, will just buy an another.

Μπορείς άνετα να κάνεις μια μικρή αναβάθμιση στο παλιό σου και να το πουλήσεις. Δε ξέρω αν σε συμφέρει γιατί μπορεί να μη βρεις αγοραστή γιατί απλά ο κόσμος δεν έχει χρήματα. Είναι γεγονός όμως ότι έχεις μια πολύ καλή CPU (παλιά αλλά καλή), άρα στην τελική, αν δεις ότι δε σου βγαίνουν τα χρήματα για καινούργιο, κράτα τη CPU και βάλε μια μητρική που να υποστηρίζει DDR3 και βάλε και 1 μνήμη των 4Gb DDR3 και είσαι κομπλέ. Αυτό θα σου πάει κάνα κατοστάρικο.

Από καινούργιο, ΜΗΝ αγοράσεις laptop αν θες να παίζεις παιχνίδια. Ο όρος "gaming laptop" είναι λίγο μούφα όσο μιλάμε για laptop που έχουν καλή κάρτα γραφικών μεν, η οποία όμως δεν έχει GDDR5 μνήμη.

Άρα, στήσε ένα καινούργιο PC, επιτραπέζιο, βάλε ότι πιο φτηνή dual/quad CPU θες (Intel ή AMD), τουλάχιστον 4Gb RAM DDR3 (να είναι γρήγορη- δες τα Mhz σε σχέση αυτό που υποστηρίζει η μητρική που θα διαλέξεις), έναν σκληρό δίσκο (δίσκο θα αλλάξεις οπωσδήποτε γιατί είναι ούτως ή άλλος το πιο αργό υποσύστημα, φαντάσου και με τόσα χρόνια χρήσης) με 64Mb cache και την φτηνότερη κάρτα γραφικών με GDDR5 που μπορείς να βρεις. Φτιάχνεις ένα πολύ οικονομικό PC και παίζεις και παιχνίδια.

Υ.Γ. Για πελάτη μου, με το παραπάνω setup παίζαμε το crysis 3 σε φουλ γραφικά, άρα να μην ακούσω κανένα άσχετο να λέει μπούρδες! Οι CPU είναι τον περισσότερο χρόνο διακοσμητικές, ειδικά στο gaming. Αν δεν κάνεις CPU-oriented επαγγελματική χρήση, ΔΕΝ χρειάζεσαι τέρας CPU.

so you are saying that an amd will not handle next gen games just because is amd ? cuz this is what you actually say. (since most of us agreed that at the same price an amd will be at least equal with an intel)

and no, a normal person will not pay 2x more the price just because the model was just launched, but will buy one at its normal price and when that can't stand anymore to the latest games, will just buy an another.

Im actually saying that amd is cheap and weak at the same time and gets outdated fast, intel's i5 2500k has better benchmarks than the 250$ octa-core of amds

but Im really out of this conversation since an Intel guy can NEVER have a normal conversation with and AMD guy, thats proven in all forums worldwide

Edited by xdem

Im actually saying that amd is cheap and weak at the same time and gets outdated fast, intel's i5 2500k has better benchmarks than the 250$ octa-core of amds

but Im really out of this conversation since an Intel guy can NEVER have a normal conversation with and AMD guy, thats proven in all forums worldwide

Still, it is cheaper anyway to upgrade after a while, even a weak CPU. A CPU which, in most cases, you won't need and won't make any difference in gaming since gaming needs a strong VGA chip with a lot of GDDR5 memory.

In other words, get any CPU, WON'T make any difference.

Still, it is cheaper anyway to upgrade after a while, even a weak CPU. A CPU which, in most cases, you won't need and won't make any difference in gaming since gaming needs a strong VGA chip with a lot of GDDR5 memory.

In other words, get any CPU, WON'T make any difference.

Its true, but for me, my computer is my left hand, I am able to pay those 100-150euros more to buy the intel one, but saying that amd is better just because its cheaper thats a pure bullshit

Its true, but for me, my computer is my left hand, I am able to pay those 100-150euros more to buy the intel one, but saying that amd is better just because its cheaper thats a pure bullshit

None said that.It's called Value For Money and it doesn't mean that AMD is better than Intel.

It means that you can do almost the same things with less money.For example, you can play games at 50 fps with AMD and with Intel you can get like 55-57 which doesn't justify the 100 euros that you're gonna pay more.

Intel is overpriced, end of story.Enough with this conversation :)

Ontopic: Δε χρειάζεται να βάλει κάρτα γραφικών για τη χρήση που το θέλει γιατί θα ανεβεί τζάμπα το κόστος.Ο 5800k με την 7660D και σε συνδυασμό με 1866mhz ram σηκώνει πολλά games και ειδικά το manager για πλάκα.