What About A 'pvp Server' Project?

Hello everyone.

It's been a long time since i was developing an Interlude project. That project firstly begun as a normal Interlude project, and with me trying to rework/fix things around Interlude.

But before a couple of months, i had this crazy idea to develop that project only for PvP-high rate servers. I know there will be many of you blaming me thinking that this is stupid, but i like the idea since Interlude is barely used for low rates nowadays.

So what was my goal: Delete every unused feature/config, keep only the necessary to run a high rate server while making special engines and features which are used in such kind of servers. In addition to these, try my best to achieve a good performance for the pack.

So, i'm gonna write down a list with what is done so far:

- Small augmentation refactor, so that the skills work normally. However augmentation system is to be reworked.

- Implementation of l2j latest zone system.

- Another script engine implementation, which supports java scripts too.

- Updated to newer mmocore to avoid idiotic attackers etc.

- Retail drop protection has been implemented.

- Configs have been re-organized(not the .properties, just Config.java). However i will implement a new config system, this one is lame.

- ServerType has been dropped, since game server and login server will be split in the feature.

- Several scripts have been re-written to java.

- World bosses system has been implemented, making admins able to configure the bosses as they want.

- Database installer has been reworked by me, it's much simpler and clean.

- Olympiad has been copied from aCis, since i've heard it works pretty much like it should.

- Some admin command handlers have been reworked, like AdminCreateItem.

- Geodata and pathfinding system is a newer l2j one.

- System message system has been reworked.

- Many packets have been improved or used as static where needed.

- Many static data has been xmlized, but i have implemented a JSON parser. All static data will have to be written to .json. I have already begun with some, like armorsets.json, helper_buff_list.json, teleports.json.

- L2DatabaseFactory has been reworked, but i will drop c3p0 and implement BoneCP for better performance.

- Useless low-rate features like Seven Signs, Monster Races, Fishing, Dimensional Rift etc have been deleted.

- Quests have been deleted.

- Many bug/other fixes have been done to Sieges, Castles, Duels etc.

There are other things too, but these are the most important.

The project will be 100% open source.

I am making this post because i'm searching for active developers to work with me, since my time is limited.

The project's name is L2JAlpha.

Regards, An4rchy.

:ohstopityou:

if you know what i mean ;p

good luck with it dude (:

:P

Thx mate.

Btw, forgot to mention, it's based on l2j.

I'm thinking to publish the svn/timeline tomorrow maybe.

Okay so heres my 5cents about it. Every single project for interlude with the exception of acis is a pvp server project because developers are not skilled enough for real changes, only for custom things that can be found on the net.

As for the base and changes you intend to implement:

L2j based packs or l2j itself are near impossible to make good, you simply need to devote months and months work just to make it "okay".

The augmentation system needs to be reworked completely and that brings the structural changes so thats okay and not even a hard task.

If you make a new scriptengine i suggest you think about making the script cache work because its a really great performance improvement but doesnt work on l2j.

The l2j mmocore always was and still is just bad. Yet i dont think you will be able to adapt any decent mmocore because of how hard it is.

Retail drop protection is not the one l2j currently have so you cant sync that.

Remember to archid and the annotation config^^

When you split the ls and gs make sure to implement the commons too(i suggest you use maven for that).

The geodata and pathfinding of l2j is slow.

In general the use l2j makes this project harder than it should also using interlude makes no sense.

Also i'd like to offer you a position in my pack, i know its not interlude but im pretty sure we can figure and a way to make it benefitial for the both of us, Or even to add your project on my svn so i help you with your interlude and you help me with gracia final. You have my skype so if you are interested we can talk about it anytime.

Guest Elfocrash

If you can make this work in a third path rather than custom or retail clean pack then this might work but il is sooooooooooo wide used in new comeup projects.

Waiting to see more before I say something for that such us features implemented and source code

Okay so heres my 5cents about it. Every single project for interlude with the exception of acis is a pvp server project because developers are not skilled enough for real changes, only for custom things that can be found on the net.

As for the base and changes you intend to implement:

L2j based packs or l2j itself are near impossible to make good, you simply need to devote months and months work just to make it "okay".

The augmentation system needs to be reworked completely and that brings the structural changes so thats okay and not even a hard task.

If you make a new scriptengine i suggest you think about making the script cache work because its a really great performance improvement but doesnt work on l2j.

The l2j mmocore always was and still is just bad. Yet i dont think you will be able to adapt any decent mmocore because of how hard it is.

Retail drop protection is not the one l2j currently have so you cant sync that.

Remember to archid and the annotation config^^

When you split the ls and gs make sure to implement the commons too(i suggest you use maven for that).

The geodata and pathfinding of l2j is slow.

In general the use l2j makes this project harder than it should also using interlude makes no sense.

Also i'd like to offer you a position in my pack, i know its not interlude but im pretty sure we can figure and a way to make it benefitial for the both of us, Or even to add your project on my svn so i help you with your interlude and you help me with gracia final. You have my skype so if you are interested we can talk about it anytime.

Well, not every feature i mentioned is l2j.

The script engine is taken from a russian pack, while the drop protection is, just a boolean check and a task after 15 seconds to remove the protection.

Actually the configs engine is the other one i made with Setekh, but i think i will implement the one you made.

I don't really know how to implement maven :D:D

I will talk to you on skype soon about your offer :)

Well, not every feature i mentioned is l2j.

The script engine is taken from a russian pack, while the drop protection is, just a boolean check and a task after 15 seconds to remove the protection.

Actually the configs engine is the other one i made with Setekh, but i think i will implement the one you made.

I don't really know how to implement maven :D:D

I will talk to you on skype soon about your offer :)

Maven is extremly easy to implement and use actually easier to maintain by miles than ant :)

Maven is extremly easy to implement and use actually easier to maintain by miles than ant :)

Maybe it's not difficult but i haven't tried it ;p Anyway, we'll talk on skype later.