Tips with knife

xKenji

Hey guys i play on steam CSS and i would like to know some tips how to kill with knife easily...

some ppl kill me with 2-3 kills... and i like to 5 dmg each hit :/ can u plz help me out??

thank you

gropacas

x

Ok here are your answers...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See here:

First of all, get out your knife (see caption 'A') now go to pause menu, options, keyboard settings and then select secondary weapon function (sniper zoom and secondary knife attack). Bind any key as the secondary weapon function and now your ready.

I find that it's always best to approach someone from behind when you want to knife them. Now this may sound pretty obvious. But if you use the secondary weapon function key you bound earlier, you can kill them in one hit from behind. Not bad huh? To do this aim at the small of their back or their neck.

However if you want to knife them head-on you need some more tips. When you are going to knife them, press your fire button and the secondary weapon function straight afterwords. This creates a fast and powerful knife combo that if performed correctly will have excellent results.

Thanks for reading this Tutorial, there are more coming soon!

Also thanks to all of the people I knifed to find these class knifing techniques!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and this too...

Ok, you are reading this because you want to begin to work as a butcher on CSS.This task doesn’t sound as easy as it is. In fact I had to spend a long time learning the way of the knife. I learned how to handle it like a pro thanks to CSS Zombie mod.In this tutorial we will cover a few aspects such as:

I = The Way of The Knife

II = Feel the weapon

III = Know when you have the advantage

IV = Silent Strike

V = Direct Strike

VI = Hit 'n' Run

VII = Bullet dodging

VIII = How to get the best of your knife

IX = Using the map for your advantage

I = The Way Of The Knife

While this might sound a little boring it is essential to use the knife with as much accuracy and skill as possible, And that means stabbing your enemy in the face! (Note: Headshots with knife are only possible in CS 1.6)

First of all you must know the knife is your last line of Defence.The primary one is the heaviest gun you are carrying, be it boomstick, rifle or a super para-military death machine. The second one is your pistol, it is useful for when your main gun has run out of ammo and you can’t reload!

The last one, the knife is better than an AK-47 and a Deagle togheter.While this might sound as a rather useless weapon or just an ordinary knife be aware that not everyone can make a good use of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

II = Feel The Weapon

To feel your weapon, you need to pratice with it, and I mean against real players, not bots. This is more like a "how to aim your knife" section, for instance when you are going in for a direct strike on someone. Make sure he will go to your left side which your knife can hit. If he dives for your right side then your knife won’t be able to hit him even if you just moved like 1cm away from him.

You can try this in a straight wall.

Also know that the primary fire trades power for speed and range and the secondary fire trades both range and speed for power.Combining them is extremely efficient.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

III = Know when you have the advantage

While this might sound like if it didn’t needed to be here, it has to be here. You need to know when you have the advantage on a knife fight; it is the same thing as RTS games. When you have the advantage you should use it for as long as you can. When you don’t have it, avoid a Direct Strike.

For example, if your enemy has a fully loaded gun, like an SMG or a Machine gun, you don’t have the advantage, he would most likely soft you up with a rain of bullets and then remove one of your kidneys with his sharp friend.

However know that he might have a firearm but, that makes him move slower and it also has recoil and limited ammo. While you have unlimited slashes with you knife, your enemy will be reloading always when it is possible.

If you get hit with the knife one time, and your health drops to 45 or 35Hp, don’t pull out your gun yet and shoot your enemy in the face. While it might sound tempting, you shouldn’t do it. Instead try to use another tactic, such as a "Hit 'n' Run" or possibly lure him to one of your teammates so they might give you backup or join the knife fight (Yay!)

If you are outnumbered, then keep an eye on everyone around you, avoid a direct strike and try to run away, and if the situation allows you, pull out your gun, preferably an SMG, a rifle (not a sniper rifle) or a Machine gun. If you don’t have any of those pull out your pistol. You might also feel like trying to kill them with your knife but the odds are you will get sliced in half.

Believe me, even when the situation is extremely bad, there is a way to "borrow" a kidney or two from a group of your foes.

I’m going to use a situation that happened with me back when I was on "GOST!" clan:

I was playing on "awp_lego", as a CT, it is a kill or be killed map, not much cover. When I spawned I ran to the high ground and hid behind a block, the idea was a silent strike. However after sometime I though about rushing and I rushed. For my surprise I almost took a shot but no, the dude that was aiming at me pulled out his knife. When the admin saw that (he was watching) he said "Não vai na faca com o Black Sheep que você perde !" translating to english "Don’t go into a knife fight with Black Sheep or you'll lose!”. I knifed him one time with the secondary fire, he backed down for a bit, and then another dude popped up trying to knife me, did the same thing and then a third one tries his luck but he had none.

After that 4th dude that was in the middle of the ramp pulled his awp to pick me off from a safe distance. When he fired the first shot I went on an adrenaline combo, I jump at one of the dudes I had injured, I kill him, I gain some boost from the ramp I knife another one and then a third one. Then I got a super boost I managed to jump behind the dude that was with awp and put my knife to good use. That day, I pulled off a "Multi kill" with my sharp friend.

That was a bit of a story huh? You might think it is a lie but I don’t blame you that is extremely hard to do. In that situation you can see that the enemy had a good advantage over me, I would either get shot or fall victim to an old fashioned gang rape. No matter how bad are the odds, you can always try out your luck.

IV = Silent Strike

This is one of the best styles to use to score an extra kidney or anything else you want. But it is a bit tricky. And I guess I don’t need to explain why it is tricky. The main objective when using this style is to get behind the enemy and do a nice back stab. That will result into an instant kill, no matter if that person has 100Hp with or without Kevlar + helmet. That is the deadliest move you can do on this style.

The tricky part is to sneak behind the enemy, I know that walking won’t make noise but at the same time it doesn’t gives much advantages. For instance, you will be moving slowly, you might lose track of your prey, you might get killed by someone else or the enemy might turn back and kill you. That sure isn't too good when it comes to stealth, however you can combine it with different tatics. One of them is to hide and wait for an enemy to pass then tail him.

You might also want to try your luck when you are going to run behind your enemy to slash him in half. When I mean "you might want to try your luck" I mean to run behind him with an enemy shooting you in the back. Although that might alert the enemy or not, it will slow you down a little bit and you might fall victim to a Back stab.

Dark areas fit this style but don’t even say a word about corners. For instance you might want to "hug" the wall just next to a corner and then an enemy comes really far away from that corner and gives you a faceful of a boomstick.However corners are somewhat good in thigh corridors and small maps.However it is a little hard to master this style and when you apply it, know that some of your enemeis might be more cunning than you think they are.

Note: This style shouldn't be applied in open areas, especially on crowded servers.

*Refer to first screenshot"

V = Direct Strike

The name says it all but you know I can’t leave this section empty, can i?

This style is focused on direct strike as you might have noticed.For this styleI recommend you to combine both primary and secondary fire, for instance if you are jumping over and enemy use the primary fire because it has a good range and speed, just enough to hurt him a little bit.When you are going face to face with him, after the slash dont run back, the enemy will close up on you and kill you.Also, try to move as much as you can.

Also making new moves is really good.You can also try out your move by knifing walls,props,etc...The secondary fire is a key resource for this style, if you hit the enemy one time, you can use the primary fire wich is quick and has a good reach.Also exploit your enemy moves against him, if he misses a secondary slash, hit him with the primary fire 2 times or risk yourself with the secondary one.This one is also the most popular style and the most used one.

VI = Hit 'n' Run

Just like the above, the name already defines this style.

This style is best applied by using the primary fire most of the time,It focuses on dodging the enemy's attacks and using a fast strike.You can also use the secondary fire but i dont recommend it for this style.To avoid the enemy's moves try to jump, crouch,etc.Also making new moves for this style is a plus.It is also a mix of stealth and direct strike.You might also want to mix up this style with Direct Strike.

VII = Bullet dodging

When it comes to this topic, proably the first thing that came to your head is "The Matrix".That movie is good and the bullet dodging scenes are awsome but unfortunately they dont make an appearance on CSS.

Now this is all about speed and dexterity, make one wrong move and you will have much more holes than swiss cheese.Although bullet dodging's isnt hard when the enemy isnt using burst fire or using semi-auto fire, it is risky.This is mostly a countermeasure for a direct strike were the enemy has pulled out his gun to shoot you.

Please notice that this topic doesn't apply for running away, it is mostly used for both Direct Strike and Hit 'n' Run styles.When it comes to bullet dodging, its all about your speed and dexterity, of course the enemy's gun also counts on this but his skill with it is an even more important factor.For instance pick a noob and give him a Machine gun, and try to knife him.He will most likely spray the whole map and wont hit a single bullet at his target if he doesnt gets really close.

The same goes for the Benelli M4 (also known as XM1014 by the USA military forces) However it is a little more accurate if used in the right way.In bullet dodging, combining moves such as crouching and jumping is more than essential, it is the basic.Sometimes you are better off against a noob with a machine gun than a pro with a pistol.

Another of the basic of bullet dodging is to exploit the flaws of the enemy's weapon, for example if the enemey has a scout and he doesnt has enough pratice on using it without the scope, he will most likely aim trough it.However we know that it isn't hard to get a non-scoped kill with the scout, dont we?Anyways that will give him a handicap while aiming at you, he will be most likely stationary and trying to shoot you using the scope's zoom but you wont have problem to dodge his bullets.That because sniper rifles dont have a high rate of fire and are mostly bolt-action.However notice that dodging bullets from sniper rifles dont apply against auto snipers since they can be used withouth the scope like an SMG or conventional rifle.

Against SMG's and rifles the thing is different, SMG's have a high fire rate and a decent stopping power.They dont have much recoil and that makes bullet dodging a bit more complicated.Against rifles, they have a high fire rate and high stopping power but they have a lot of recoil, the AK-47 is a good example, 3 or 4 shots are enough to pack someone but the recoil is too high.While the M4A1 has a high firerate, good stopping power and not much recoil when the silencer is attached, it might take a few extra rounds to pack someone.Also using it's silencer is a plus.

VIII = How To Get The Best Of You Knife

This is mostly a small reminder of Direct Strike, Silent Strike and Hit 'n' Run

- Find the style that mosts fits you, are you warrior that would fight face to face against the enemey?Or maybe you are a sneaky bastard that doesnt likes to get in head-on combat.

- Always develop new moves and tactics.

- Watch your enemeis tatics and playstyle, if you keep making the same mistake, dont forget to learn what you shouldn't do the next time.

- Training is good, it never killed anyone.

- No matter how bad are the odds, you can try to fight.

IX = Using The Map For Your Advantage.

Now this is really important on knife fights, especially if you are trying to score knife kills by using stealth.

- Know the map like your home

- Find every possible camping and ambushing spots

- Use dark areas for cover, they are also good for ambushing

- Try not to make much noise when you are camping and also try not to be too exposed.

- Mix yourself with the map, for example, into a jungle setting, get a player model that will give you better chances of hiding, such as the "Seal Team 6" and the "Leet Crew".

- Find places that offer you advantages such as tigh corridors or high roofs.

- Try not to give away your position, the enemy might use it against you and your teammates.

Best Regards,

Blane

PS: TOPIC LOCKED.

Topic unlocked.Reason: User asked for some more info.

Answer: Well I took this guide from www.fpsbanana.com .You can probably go and see it.Otherwise just search in google.

PM Answer: This is my msn yes.But please don't add me on msn for such things.A pm was enough.I think I gave you some lights.If you have further questions please consider posting here and not on msn.

Thanks and sorry for the first lock.

-Blane

thx a lot Blane...

can you just explain this part plz:

i can;t understand... i cant see a secondary weapon function in my keyboard options...

First of all, get out your knife (see caption 'A') now go to pause menu, options, keyboard settings and then select secondary weapon function (sniper zoom and secondary knife attack). Bind any key as the secondary weapon function and now your ready.

I searched.I have a long time to play css so I don't remember.Perhaps you could keep up with the other things on that guide or find an other one OR just wait for a member/mod to answer you.

Cheers,

-Blane

some ppl kill me with 2-3 kills... and i like to 5 dmg each hit :/ can u plz help me out

did you know right click = more dmg but slower?

maybe im underestimating u, but sry if i do >_<