[Poll] L2j MxC

Which model you want the project L2jMxC to follow?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Which model you want the project L2jMxC to follow?

• Public
    • Private (Only developers have access and they sell it)
    • Closed Circle (Only the developers have sources and they use them for themselves)
    • Freemium (Only the developers have svn access, free every x revs)

ok,about the poll and what I actually believe that is gud nowadays.

I strongly believe that if you(plural) wanna go to private,you(plural)'ll have to find trusted people in order to don't leach/share,which is difficult.On the other hand,public thingy would be better idea for me.Many people are already willin' to help as much as they can.

Just you have to clarify,what exactly you want from this project(people have to let us know too).

A very close to retail svn which will be public?(acis's model to Gracia?) or a fully customized svn?(just custom features,no fixes and such).

If you ask me,I would prefer the 2nd one.

"a fully customized svn".

Guest Elfocrash

I voted to public too. At least for now.

Though you have to know that if it is gonna be public devs won't get something from it except endless praise from other members.

So they might now dev it on their 100%.

Oh and now we won't try to make a 100% retail pack like acis or L2DC does. The pack will be heavily customized but we will try to keep it stable and fix issues/bugs.

Public is the only decent choice for an EDUCATION pack. The only matter is to avoid write access to anyone for SVN, that's all.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't put any donation but you shouldn't restrain ppl "pay2learn", because else they can go to others packs (I'm glad to explain things to ppl if they can impact positively on my pack, cf quest learning and wiki).

But even for a free pack, I believe you should make an inner circle, based on the bigger contributors/ppl with knowledge, which will decide :

- customs to implement.

- the way you want for the pack.

- check and commit them.

So public, with read-only SVN, with a core of ppl who get more or less the same amount of authority (like a council) deciding of the pack way.