Base Features all PvP servers should have?

Which features do you think all PvP servers should have?

We are an old community of a game - we know what it could be like. But there are established ideas that make PvP servers -beep-ing terrible. Those established ideals are like lowrate gameplay with higher rates. Well if I am lvl 85 in 3 mobs I don't expect to have to buy newbie gear (below S grade) 3 times.

IMO, every PvP server should:

*Have fast attributes if attributes are enabled and are free/easy to get. No 5 per level/per click.

*Have fast enchants if safe enchant is high (no 16 time clicking for 20 armor/wep items if safe is +16 and max is +16 (lol))

*Have reasonable way to obtain MP in PvP without making SE/EE useless. It's part of the game combat system to lose MP. I don't mind MP pots. But not 500MP per potion. WTF. 70MP is lots. You can spam them. I never had MP problems on servers without MP potions. Why listen to kids that are afraid to lose MP?

*Easy to use GMshop if you have one. Why would I look for D,C,B,A soulshots? Why would I want to make more clicks to get to consumables to get soulshots? Add soulshots to weapon category so when I buy my weapon I get soulshots right away. Add all PvP items (stones, ores, elixirs, potions, talismans). No bad to add talismans with everything else, just order it and not make it random.

*Don't make your own currency. That's a cheap shit to increase farm. Instead make adena scarce. Perhaps reward for events.

*If you have PvE and you can't make it short duration but challenging, make it easy. We don't come to a PvP server to /attack mobs. Not even for a second. No excuse. Real l2? Real l2 is on retail. Now fk off with real l2 on your private PvP server.

*Keep local. Why open world? Why retail spawn? You server has 4k player before its open? No. So don't make open world. I come to servers with 300 players online - they are empty. Outside of town there are max 15 people. Because carebears farm out of sight because you have farm on PVP server and open world. Think.

*Don't nerf cancels/make useless - add features like buff restore or out of town buffer or item buffer so we can rebuff in PvP (perhaps with cast time like 3-5 seconds, plenty to interrupt)

*If custom items (armor/weapons) don't make them a higher tier (no better stats than existing). Instead make them have same stats but offer different bonuses. Where is tank heavy, support light elegia sets? No where? Want to make custom items? Well make some that have sense and reason.

*Class balance is a shit word. People talking about it almost think as if you are making SPS buffer and tank into dagger. Talk about what skill changes you made to keep things in order.

*High buff count is bad. If you even considered it - stop making L2 servers. It's part of the game to choose which stats you need to increase and which to sacrifice. High buff count make PvP bad, some skills deal extremely low damage (PDAM with power of 3k-7k). Other skills deal really high (curse of divinity) or affect PvP way to much (cancels).

What do you think PvP servers must have? (ignoring reason to PvP, this is just template since all PvP server behave like lowrates with faster level [high rates lol])

thanks a lot for that suggestions, for sure they are going to be usefull for my pvp server.

They are not suggestions.

But proposed standards. I don't expect people to accept them, cos this game is so old people have opinions that will never change.

But IMO, you have to agree that it does NOT make sense to log on a PvP server and waste 1 hour to get gear from GM shop which is free.

I made over 1000 clicks to get full gear +16 (safe was +16) and elements 150x3 on all armor on a server recently.

Then went PvP and delogged in 5 minutes.

Waste of time.

And it was a typical template = <exp, sp, adena rates; blah blah; max enchant; farm zone; balancado classadaes; more blah>

It's so obvious what happens when you open a thread and you read that.

How come people are so dumb?

They are not suggestions.

But proposed standards. I don't expect people to accept them, cos this game is so old people have opinions that will never change.

But IMO, you have to agree that it does NOT make sense to log on a PvP server and waste 1 hour to get gear from GM shop which is free.

I made over 1000 clicks to get full gear +16 (safe was +16) and elements 150x3 on all armor on a server recently.

Then went PvP and delogged in 5 minutes.

Waste of time.

And it was a typical template = <exp, sp, adena rates; blah blah; max enchant; farm zone; balancado classadaes; more blah>

It's so obvious what happens when you open a thread and you read that.

How come people are so dumb?

There isnt sense to even make big safe enchant, if scrolls are cheap, safe enchant is for example + 16, whats the point? In the end every player need to make that +16 items to even start pvping coz difference between weapon +0 and +16 is very big, so i dont get a point why admins do that.

"<exp, sp, adena rates; blah blah; max enchant; farm zone; balancado classadaes; more blah>"

Thats the only thing different between servers, some have gm shop, some have bigger rates, so in the end every server is almost the same, thats shame

1)low max enchant,like+6 armor and +4 weapon,

or you'll fuck all lineage damage mechanics.

2)instant pvp,

no need to kill even a single mob,

you create char and get max level and can choose immidiately weapon/armor/element/skill enchant etc).

I'll tell you why private l2 servers are shit and no one wants to innovate, only lure more noobs to their servers. It's very simple. The grand majority of server owners are only in for the money. The best inversion they can do is to spend as little time/money as possible to setup a server for the greatest amout of money they can get, which results in crappy jobs. They don't try to make a change in the L2 community, nor they care about it, they only want their money. They don't even care about L2, or even know basic PvP things about it, yet they try to balance(read: screw up) classes for some reason. They don't care at all either if their bugged server is shit and smells bad: if they stop getting money, it gets closed, and they repeat the process with another name, changing a few settings in hopes of people staying longer. You can see a very similar pattern in the music, games, film industries.

Sloppy shop where you need to make 100 clicks to get something, or unorganized and incomplete buffer? They didn't make the Shop, and much less the buffer. Don't expect them to look through them either

High buff count, +50 max enchant, mp pots, shitty mobs, retarded stuff in general? Noobs like it, noobs donate. You don't need to think about anything, just press random buttons, you'll do fine. The simpler stuff gets, the better, because people that think, think twice before donating for gear. They realize it's -beep-ing stupid, in other words

Balance? Start with setting up your server in a non-retarded way, and it will get so much better that you won't want to believe. NCSoft are no genius in terms of PvP balance or logic, but most servers are plain retarded. You can actually enjoy L2 PvP with so many random chances if they are setup correctly

Standards for PvP server? This is not a decision, but a community-driven natural transition I don't even know. Unfortunately, since so many people are still donating for retarded servers, the standards are... guess what, retarded servers. Until people don't stop donating on retarded servers, it won't happen, because admins get what they want, no need to change if the end result is already good

And that's why the grand majority of PvP servers suck (for you, for the noobs they are probably awesome). The servers are not meant for people that like PvP, they are a scam waiting for noobs to join and donate

I'll tell you why private l2 servers are shit and no one wants to innovate, only lure more noobs to their servers. It's very simple. The grand majority of server owners are only in for the money. The best inversion they can do is to spend as little time/money as possible to setup a server for the greatest amout of money they can get, which results in crappy jobs. They don't try to make a change in the L2 community, nor they care about it, they only want their money. They don't even care about L2, or even know basic PvP things about it, yet they try to balance(read: screw up) classes for some reason. They don't care at all either if their bugged server is shit and smells bad: if they stop getting money, it gets closed, and they repeat the process with another name, changing a few settings in hopes of people staying longer. You can see a very similar pattern in the music, games, film industries.

Sloppy shop where you need to make 100 clicks to get something, or unorganized and incomplete buffer? They didn't make the Shop, and much less the buffer. Don't expect them to look through them either

High buff count, +50 max enchant, mp pots, shitty mobs, retarded stuff in general? Noobs like it, noobs donate. You don't need to think about anything, just press random buttons, you'll do fine. The simpler stuff gets, the better, because people that think, think twice before donating for gear. They realize it's -beep-ing stupid, in other words

Balance? Start with setting up your server in a non-retarded way, and it will get so much better that you won't want to believe. NCSoft are no genius in terms of PvP balance or logic, but most servers are plain retarded. You can actually enjoy L2 PvP with so many random chances if they are setup correctly

Standards for PvP server? This is not a decision, but a community-driven natural transition I don't even know. Unfortunately, since so many people are still donating for retarded servers, the standards are... guess what, retarded servers. Until people don't stop donating on retarded servers, it won't happen, because admins get what they want, no need to change if the end result is already good

And that's why the grand majority of PvP servers suck (for you, for the noobs they are probably awesome). The servers are not meant for people that like PvP, they are a scam waiting for noobs to join and donate

+500 ,you have my respect here cause i have exactly same oppinion as you and me comparing with others admin i care a lot about l2 and i even use a part of my soul to create the server but my money just wont let me...

Standards for PvP server? This is not a decision, but a community-driven natural transition I don't even know

Those are the words I was looking for.

But then, it doesn't mean people shouldnt agree on what makes a server good.

If the community transitions to one attitude of playing, give reason to transition to another attitude.

I played your server, after I tried other server and when I had to press 1k times to set up my char with full gear/skills/attribute on I just about have had it and quit.

There are so many ridiculous things in every other server I feel overwhelmed by the stupidity.

But the point still stands. Opinion and standards are malleable. People may be stupid but they could always realize that when elements are free but you have to enchant them 1 by 1 there is something wrong.

Cant agree with alot thing's but this with MP was lol...

70 mp? and Dominators do what?

Ahh, some of things are true, but others are "lol" again...

Your huge sig is lol.

Dominators play, just like everyone else.

Since when does everyone need MP pots with 500MP?

L2p.

The point is that there is no diffrence if i always click MP pots, or just click it once..

Same. Restores MP and make me use skills, non stop, just dont have to push MP pots like a crazy...

The point is that there is no diffrence if i always click MP pots, or just click it once..

Same. Restores MP and make me use skills, non stop, just dont have to push MP pots like a crazy...

The difference is that only noobs will press it like crazy.

Ideally you'd be using it when you run out of MP, you are in a bad situation. Manage your MP and you won't have problems.

And it's a lot different between 500 instant and 500 over time, even if it is 2-3 seconds. You can spam MP potions, but the task is run one at a time, not instantly.

Some skills have high MP cost. That is supposed to be felt. With MP pots at 500 - no point to have mana system all together apart from oly, which is a different game.