Custom server's are dead

Nobody tried to make a decent custom server. Laziness, lack of creativity, wannabe 'devs' with 0 skill are major factors in why there are no custom server nowadays. 'Normal' servers are completely B-O-R-I-N-G and doesn't necessarily mean they are balanced. They give you the false sense of perfection and balance, when none of them are really balanced. Non custom servers are just about as unbalanced as a custom servers. Non custom servers are out of date, 100% retail is not impressive anymore, everybody looks the same, no strategic character builds. Customs make a server unique and more interesting as well as keeping the players occupied if done right.

Not that there's "no way", but just nobody tried it or has enough brain power to make it work. It's harder, more time consuming (yaw kinda) but still, NOT impossible.

what's the point of this topic ????

EVERY SINGLE SERVER that it's not Hosted by NCSOFT it's "CUSTOM"

and if you like no custom like i said befor go play official it's free now and it's NO CUSTOM

very good to get along with alot of people and get to know better the lineage 2

now for the private server's there is no way one private server last for VERY long exept from the

PAID server's that they can have the same END with MAFIA or INFOGATE or other server's that i dont have to

say here .....

Custom or not get a good dev try to make the server of your dream and try day after day improve it that's all what matter's .......

if you have in the mind the think of " ooo gr8 day i will create 1 l2 server to get money " then forget it ;D it's simple !! YOU GIVE TO GET THAT'S THE WAY ;)

Cya'z :D

Again ill explain, when i say custom, i mean custom items... not at all custom.

I wanna see if people like or not Custom items, wings sh1ts :D

I hope im not the only one who thing its too sh1ty to have wings in L2, i mean i like Custom Pvp server's but not with some armor's wich dont exist on lineage 2 .

And not with sh1ty shity tattos or sh1ty sh1ty items wich give's +20% all stats.

Thats what i mean, if you dont understand don't reply

What's the point of "just custom items"?

I mean sure, if you make a custom armor set ok, but if it's the same bonuses as your max retail armor but better stats you are not really adding anything new, just more items to farm/get to be better.

Custom isn't bad. The way people present it is bad. What's worse is when people think deliberately that it will be bad.

What's the point of "just custom items"?

I mean sure, if you make a custom armor set ok, but if it's the same bonuses as your max retail armor but better stats you are not really adding anything new, just more items to farm/get to be better.

Custom isn't bad. The way people present it is bad. What's worse is when people think deliberately that it will be bad.

Well, thats what official lineage is doing all the time, new armor - ppl have to farm it so they add also new zone, when many players will get this armor, they are adding new, and its like that all the time... Those admins need someone that will show them the way, or competition that will leave them no choise but to change!

Well, thats what official lineage is doing all the time, new armor - ppl have to farm it so they add also new zone, when many players will get this armor, they are adding new, and its like that all the time... Those admins need someone that will show them the way, or competition that will leave them no choise but to change!

Retail is a bad example.

It's aimed at players with the mentality which enables them to brag about how fast they farm and level.

It's a korean game at heart. Otherwise we wouldn't have anime haircuts.

I am for custom items as long as they make sense. Not all do.

Most just make "hey this is drac armor with apella texture with better stats, you need to farm 5  pink dildos and 10 red butt plugs to get 1 part" - fk no.

Me and one friend are working on a new server rate x500, pvp, h5. We want to make it as close to retail as possible, but with the difference that it will be a high rate one. Most of the work on the core and etc. is done, but we are still working on the events, 5-6 maybe more. We think to make the enchant rate low like +10 tops 30% success rate and no Bless/Crystal scrolls, so players to focus more on the game and fun, and not so much on enchanting and etc. We've made few zones: easy, normal and party rb zone. No cutting skills, example: cancel, steal divinity stays. Epics/Oly 1 week, buffs 2 hours.

So my question here is: how would you like this server? Any thoughts?

Nobody tried to make a decent custom server. Laziness, lack of creativity, wannabe 'devs' with 0 skill are major factors in why there are no custom server nowadays

This pretty much sums it up for 99% of custom servers, where custom = armors/weapons/tattoos/etc copypaste bullshit. All the accumulated fails of custom crap created a bad reputation for the "custom" meaning, same for pretty much anyone who dared changing something that was considered standard L2

Battles for Glory 2 (http://www.bsfg.ru/) - is the closest thing to custom server that I would recommend and that is live atm. Pretty cool, it had perma 2k players when I was playing. A lot of farming though, but easy to find PvP at all level ranges

Pandora - looked awesome, innovated on many areas, lots of potential, never finished

L2Luna - was good, died after a week, monotone - but with cool ideas. Also amazing to make all that work in L2Off platform

I don't know more custom servers that are worth mentioning. Long ago I was working on one that I never finished, but I eventually gave up because it was too much work for the 20 people that would log in