Lineage ][ Newbie Guide Macros

Macros

Macros are very handy tools and can help you out of all sorts of spots. Basically, everything you click on is actually sending a typed command to the program. The icons are already macros. Try issuing the commands /sit and /stand at the console. Note that your character sits and stands, just like pressing on the icon ... well, almost!

A macro (in case you're not sure) is a string of pre-typed commands. You hit the button, and the macro, "runs," executing those commands one after the other, just as if you had typed them one after the other at the keyboard.

To start with, I'm going to teach you a wonderfully useful macro that was taught to me by the wonderful Jane Muffin. If you have ever come across a mob that you can't attack because the system just won't let you, then you need /attack force - yes typing this in at the keyboard will do the job, but on most servers you may need to do it more regularly. First off, access the Macro section by pressing ALT + R together. The Macro window will pop up. Click the Add button and you will now get the macro edit window. Give, "Attack Force" as the name, "atkf" as the acronym (you've only got four letters) and in the 00 box, type, "/attack force" and click save. Congratulations, you've now made your first macro.

Now you can see that green button on it with the four letters that is your acronym. You can actually drag that button, just like everything else, in to your side bar. Many people overwrite the default attack button with this macro, as it is so useful. When you're done, you can just close the macro window.

Another of Janes useful tips is to put all your buffs in a macro. That way, you just haveone macro button in your side bar, and it triggers all your buffs automatically!

Like before, press ALT R to get the macro window up, and press New to create a new macro. While that window is open, now also open your skills window. You can drag and drop your skills in to the 00, 01, 02, etc. slots on the macro editor! Note that the commands themselves actually appear in the macro editor. Once you've put all your buffs in here, you can just give the macro a name and an acronym, then you can save it. Finally, you can drag the macro button in to your sidebar and use it to fire off all your buffs. You can also do this with the buffs that you use on other characters. It saves a lot of time.

One final word about using macros for things like buffs, is that even if you click on something else, the macro will stop running, so be sure to stay still throughout the macros execution.

In Macro

00 /useskill PowerStrike

01 /usekills sting

02 /attackForce

Sry guys but i cant load  the image

i do copy and  go for paste but nothing

LOL

btw maybe interesting to make a post in which we mention our "best usefull macro"

for example:

"selfheal funky HP style"  :P

/target %self

/skill (name of a quick heal)

and so one with delay if necessary

very relevant for healers/buffers

"always on the rush" ;D

/forceskill (name of your usefull fight skill)

for all your main skills and put this in the toolbar in order to be always ready ^^

"Oh superman!"  ;)

in one click: from no grade set to S grade set ^^

"scan" 8)

the famous /target "name of a char" for finding a foe

• 2 weeks later...

people can someone tell me how to do this?

Like i saw in a video a guy doing this

Assist Me ---->"Bart"<----

Assist Me ----> "Katherine"<----

how can i make a macro to tell in #(party) my target?