[Guide] MAKE A GOOD CS 1.6 DEDICATED SERVER

bubulinas

MAKE A GOOD CS 1.6 DEDICATED SERVER

Many Guides on "HOW TO MAKE GOOD DEDICATED SERVER" are there.

One is here http://www.maxcheaters.com/forum/index.php?topic=160436.0

But, suppose, you want to make a server with funny sounds, new and big maps, mods (like WC3 or superhero), amx plugins etc etc. Now, the problem is "SLOW DOWNLOAD" of files from server to client!!!

Due to slow download, no one joins your server  . Plus, your server LAGS!

The problem is, that all the files required to be downloaded, are stored in YOUR server. Hence, when people join, HLDS allows clients to download files, but at a very LOW speed .

This causes lag too. This the main reason of Lag in Garena.

Now, how to deal with this problem???

Counter strike comes with a console command "sv_downloadurl". This allows you, to host your files on some other server. Thus, clients can download files required from other server at their full download speed, hence NO LAG and SPEEDY DOWNLOADS!!!

But there is one problem. You need to PAY, to store files on a server, that offers public link!!! 

Are there any free hosts??? The answer is yes... but it is a little bit tricky

Ok So Lets See!!

First of all... this guide assumes that you have already added your files (like maps, sounds, models, etc) to cstrike folder {i.e. where you have installed cs} and can run a server with your own modifications.

Follow these steps to Host your files in Dropbox server.

1) Download Dropbox and install it from www.dropbox.com.

2) After installation, open your dropbox, go into Public folder, and create a folder of your choice.

For example, I create acyutMod folder in public folder. The path is like this...

"My dropbox/Public/acyutMod/"

Public1.JPG

3) Create these folders inside acyutMod folder

1) cache

2) maps

3) sound

4) models

5) resources

drop2.JPG

4) Copy your new maps, sounds, models, resources etc in respective folders inside acyutMod folder. This process uploads your maps, resources etc to dropbox site.

You need not to copy all maps, sounds, models from your cstrike folder to acyutMod folder! Only copy those files which are required by the clients to download. For example, If I want to run aa_dima1.bsp map on my server, paste it in "My Dropbox/Public/acyutMod/maps/"No need to copy other maps.  .

5) Now, start Counter-strike HLDS (no need to start from garena), and create server. Now, close your server.Go to "cstrike/cache/" and copy the "downloadcache.db" file from there, and copy it in "My dropbox/Public/acyutMod/cache/"

If you don't find Cache folder, then just skip this step.

drop3.JPG

6) Now go to "My dropbox/Public/acyutMod/cache/" and right-click on file "downloadcache.db" go into dropbox->copy public link. You can also get your public link from any file in your public folder. Just right-click on any file (not folder) inside your public folder and select Dropbox>>>Copy Public Link . Open notepad and paste the link there. The link should be like this. - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/133773/acyutMod/

drop4.JPG

7) Its almost done now! Go to "cstrike" folder {where you have installed cs} and look for file "server.cfg". Open it with wordpad and add lines

sv_downloadurl "http://dl.dropbox.com/u/133773/acyutMod/"

sv_allowupload 0

sv_allowdownload 0

drop5.JPG

Save the server.cfg file. Its all done now!Have fun with your BIG addons!

TESTED AND 100 % working.

nice bubulina.. keep it up bro.. you make great work..!!

thx alot i will keep.. but i see in this forum karma= guide from maxcheaters(Aio) almost

and for a great job = 0

Karma hunters. ><

neah i am not karma hunters but i share alot in this forum and i win karma for a good share...and look on cs section almost onlly my  shares xD =))

• 3 months later...