[Discuss] Lineage II: Dying or Ressurecting?

Anyway after 5 years playing this game ( Lineage2 ) i do not regret even for  a single moment. I have made a lot of friends. I had a lot of fun . And.. I learnt a lot :)

Even if it dies, Every good thing has its end. Let's not make it harder than it is.

Mailbox...and others...

Okay, first log in a lineage ii server, then log in the wow one, and if you manage to find a REAL copy, then I will accept it.

WoW Might have kiddy graphics but its gameplay is better than L2 for sure. And developers of wow make serious releases not like ncsoft. And the graphics of wow will get improved at Cataclysm Expansion.

Ontopic: L2 is old. In both sides graphics and gameplay. Adding new features of other games doesn't make it difeerent but copy cat. My opinion ncsoft has messed it up after the leaving of the original developers of L2.

Let me get this straight: people caring that L2 copies from WoW, know WoW, right? I mean, I'm a L2 player, I see a new feature, and I try it, and most of the time I find it good, and I don't even know that it was in WoW before.

But according to your argument it's better to play WoW anyway, so L2 players that know WoW would be playing that instead, right? So, how can the idea that L2 is copying WoW be an argument for statement that L2 is dying? Only WoW kids would see that L2 is copying, but if they are playing L2 anyway, what do they care? ;) (did my best to formulate, but if you think about it for a while, you might see the sense)

Mailbox...and others...

ooOOOooOoo Google is copying Microsoft... you think the couple of million Gmail users care? (this is an example)

btw thanks coyote for creating a topic like this, people came to discuss this.

Anyway, lineage will not be the same. They created aion, which was a total failure.

Let me get this straight: people caring that L2 copies from WoW, know WoW, right? I mean, I'm a L2 player, I see a new feature, and I try it, and most of the time I find it good, and I don't even know that it was in WoW before.

But according to your argument it's better to play WoW anyway, so L2 players that know WoW would be playing that instead, right? So, how can the idea that L2 is copying WoW be an argument for statement that L2 is dying? Only WoW kids would see that L2 is copying, but if they are playing L2 anyway, what do they care? ;) (did my best to formulate, but if you think about it for a while, you might see the sense)

ooOOOooOoo Google is copying Microsoft... you think the couple of million Gmail users care? (this is an example)

Yea you might have a point but what i was expecting from nc soft is to make big changes to change some things like maybe the boring bot leveling on retail? i mean seriously they should start to add some quests to level normal than botting and not hair styles and bullshits that only change the appearance. Bots = another reason that l2 is dying.

and not hair styles and bullshits that only change the appearance.

Do I have to make the question again?

If you ever manage to play a retail G Final server, then you'll realise that the changes are not the haircuts.

Trust me.

ok after reading this 6 lolpages i realised 1 thing . only 3-4 ever played on official right? everyone else just say oh its suck emo kamales are gay nononononon i dont like it gay T_T oh noez . ok wait u think that u can understand whats the diffrence of l2 from c6 to gfinal or epiloque from a loljava srv? no u cant mate cause most of the features arent even added . still u cant just come and say oh ok g final sucks nothing new and kamaels are emo T_T. Go play on l2 retail official and then come and tell me if the features are good or not. and just for the record i used to play official on c6 and i really want to start again now on epiloque to see what the real changes are .

Yea you might have a point but what i was expecting from nc soft is to make big changes to change some things like maybe the boring bot leveling on retail? i mean seriously they should start to add some quests to level normal than botting and not hair styles and bullshits that only change the appearance. Bots = another reason that l2 is dying.

I agree with this, I eventually quitted L2 Retail (Gracia Final) cause I was bored of the leveling, my whole clan went inactive, and much bots :/ but I hope and believe it might be changing with Freya. And I hope to find some high rate server sometime where I can just enjoy the features without having to spend months on getting one char lvl 76 (non-cheaty way)

PS: When Freya is released in EU I go try it for sure in retail.

@lauq and DS:i play wow too...does that mean im a wow kiddo?nahhh...2ndly i played l2 as my 1st MMORPG and from what i see now yeah L2 copies hards WoW...i compared those 2 and i m sure WoW wins easily

the graphics might suck but rest assured that many players join WoW cuz L2 doesnt offer features to players.for instance Blizzard put the new feature to grind(exp) on dungeons between players from different realms with gold income and item rewards...so a lot easier exp and less bots

about the copies:

*char windows and inventory windows are copied from WoW to L2

*character stats too

*pvp system

*Territories fight at wow exist from the beginning(Plaguelands/Arathi basin/Warsong gulch)

*classes and weapons

experienced players know that and thats the reason why L2 dies slowly.Chaotic thrones v99 didnt offer real changes...for instance i dont know what gracia final with 2.2 changes are.

PS: official realms offer different gameplays than private ones...whilst you say <go play official L2, i reply that you should do the same at WoW>.i admit that wow priv servers suck...the real balanced gameplay is at Official