[Guide] Editing item names in L2Info.dat - UPDATED!

bonesaw

Oookay, so today I'm writing a guide on how to customize your L2Info.dat. (Tested on IG Walker 1.55)

!!! ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FILES BEFORE EDITING ANYTHING. DON'T BLAME ME IF ANYTHING STOPS WORKING !!!

What the hell is a L2Info.dat?

It's inside IG Walker folder. It contains all the info the IG walker shows ingame. The IG Walker do not read your itemname-e.dat to list the items on ground, for example, it has an internal database to show it. That's the reason why custom-made items (like in many private servers - like mana herbs, gold bars, whatever) show in white on IG Walker, it doesn't have that item on it's database and consequently, it will not show on any listing of items. This guide is NOT to fix that problem. At least not yet as I haven't found a way to do it.

How useful can this be to me?

I was hunting for items on ground as many people use bots but poorly configures them. Instead of checking what a mob can drop to add that item to the item grab list, they don't. So you can go there and get into the information tab (Info > Info > Items) and check items on ground. Problem is, if you're looking for any A+ grade item on ground, it'll always be "Sealed (...)". Okay, you could get into the item list and hit "Se" to show "Sealed". Works? Yes it does... BUT... it will show anything beginning with "Se", like "Sealed tallum helmet design" or something like that, so you will have to hunt for a long time to find an item on ground, if there's many many parts on ground...

So I had an idea. I edited the L2Info.dat and changed all "S" from "Sealed" to "Z", forming "Zealed", as I don't care about how it shows on IG walker, it won't affect gameplay as the in-game listing will remain the same. With this way, when you search for "Se", it will only show items on ground.

Tools needed:

WPF 5.04 Free Version: http://saur.x33.ru/ - Credits to Sauron from allcheats.ru - To decrypt/encrypt L2Info.dat

XVI32: http://www.chmaas.handshake.de/delphi/freeware/xvi32/xvi32.htm - To hex edit the dat file

1. Download the tools (doh)

2. Open WP504F.exe and go to the Misc tab, there's "Decrypt L2Info.dat" in there, hit the button and point it to your L2Info.dat, a file named de_L2Info.dat will be created

3. Open the file using XVI32

4. To search for an item name it gets a little complicated. Hit ctrl+f and type in the "text string" part the name of what you want to search, note it MUST be as it's shown ingame/inwalker, don't hit enter. Put spaces between the letters, put 2 spaces when there's a space between two words. Example:

Sealed Majestic Ring -> S e a l e d  M a j e s t i c  R i n g (that's S_e_a_l_e_d__M_a_j_e_s_t_i_c__R_i_n_g)

Now, click on the Text->Hex button. You will get something like this:

53 20 65 20 61 20 6C 20 65 20 64 20 20 4D 20 61 20 6A 20 65 20 73 20 74 20 69 20 63 20 20 52 20 69 20 6E 20 67

"20" is space char, we don't want that char. It can become boring to change one by one, so you can paste that on notepad or any other texteditor with replace option. Change all the "20" to "00" (zero zero).

Now search for "00 00" and replace it with "00 20 00", as in this case, we want "20", which is the space between the words "Sealed" and "Majestic", for example. You will end up with something like this:

53 00 65 00 61 00 6C 00 65 00 64 00 20 00 4D 00 61 00 6A 00 65 00 73 00 74 00 69 00 63 00 20 00 52 00 69 00 6E 00 67

Now, throw that on the Hex string (Ctrl+F inside XVI32) and try to find it.

You will find something like this:

Sealed Majestic Ring

Okay. All good, but you want to find the gemstone. There are 4 matches on this search, they are:

Ring itself

Recipe 60%

Recipe 100%

Gemstone

You can read it if you pay attention in the right column inside XVI32.

Just replace the first S in Sealed (on the gemstone finding!) for something else, like I did, Z.

Do the same for all the items you want to change. I don't know if you can add bytes in there, so I recommend that you only edit existing bytes.

Edit all you want, after finished, save your file.

5. Open WPF again, go into the Misc tab and hit the encrypt button, point it to your edited file... it'll generate a new file named cr_L2Info.dat or cr_de_L2Info.dat, depending if you renamed it before or not, but it will add the cr_, so you can find it easilly.

6. Replace (or rename) your L2Info.dat inside your IG walker folder (of course IGW must be CLOSED) and test it.

I haven't included my L2Info.dat because it's not done yet, maybe I will do this today, I only changed Dark Crystal parts and Tallum parts atm, too few.

I have found Tallum Boots and 2 Phoenix Rings this way running around places where they drop... in less than 10 minutes.

Okay. It's pretty simple, so I won't post pics, unless asked for. I'm at work now and bored as there's nothing to do so I can't do that right now, maybe when I get home.

Hope it's useful for someone, it is for me at least.

If you know a way to edit this file in another way (easier), let me know. This was my own way to do it, didn't read it anywhere and it works for me. I haven't tried clients above 1.55 as I can't get them to work where I play in.

Peace.

--UPDATE--

I made my own L2info.dat with a lot of changes, if you like it, use it, if you don't like it, edit it, if you don't like it anyway, delete it. Just don't whine.

Simple to use. It works for me with IG L2W 1.55, I must warn you, this is for C4 servers. Any C5/Interlude item won't show. For that, use a newer L2W but NOT with that L2info.dat I'm providing. Anything above 1.55 use L2infoA.dat, which is different, so it's not even going to work.

Instructions to use it:

1) Make a backup of your original L2info.dat file (inside IG L2W folder)

2) Decompress this file into that folder

3) Once in the game, go into the Info>Info>Items tab

4) Hit X and you will find any item on ground

5) Get rich with someone else's loots.

This file I made replaces the first letter of equipments with the letter X.

So Karmian=Xarmian, Tateossian=Xateossian etc. This will NOT affect gameplay, it will only change item name under L2W, so no worries.

Items on my file:

Grade S/A/B (armor, weapons, jewelry) <- also sealed, unsealed and SA'd stuff, in case someone dies and drops. (ie: "Draconic Bow [Focus]")

Grade C (armor, weapons) - and only a few of them..

RB jewelry

Feel free to ask questions.

Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/59601872/L2info.rar

Hope you all enjoy it, peace out.

Thanks for the replies, for the karma and for the sticky ^^

Results so far using this trick:

3x DC robe (in 2 days)

6x Phoenix ring

3x Phoenix earring

1x Tallum Tunic

1x Tallum Boots