[Guide] How to make a successful L2J server !

What a sucky guide . Half of what the guy that wrote this is meaningless lacking idea & stupid. I mean seriously ... make a server whom you'll enjoy.. U must be kidding me. Most kiddos these days make servers they want and we end up with 1kkk customs. He also says customs are not to be implement in the ideal server and thats basically where he's wrong. Playing a HR server with no customs is getting boring at some point . You need smth to farm for. You need smth to fight for and you need enjoyment by doing that. And im sure that if there's 1 guy out there that can really make a normal custom stuff with normal stats and sh1t i can bet my house that it will have mroe players than the one you'll makle with this guide. And this guy will not help reduce the everyday kid-servers. Website/Hoster/Forum? Are you serious? They don't have that much of money but someone lied them they can make a server and guess what they wont hesitate to make it alongside their dumb ideas and afterwards close it after like 1 week or so. I can disagree with every phrase of this guide. Well maybe i can leave the website stuff alone as that is common sense.

Anyway these days there aren't good guides just common sense guides.

What a sucky guide . Half of what the guy that wrote this is meaningless lacking idea & stupid. I mean seriously ... make a server whom you'll enjoy.. U must be kidding me. Most kiddos these days make servers they want and we end up with 1kkk customs. He also says customs are not to be implement in the ideal server and thats basically where he's wrong. Playing a HR server with no customs is getting boring at some point . You need smth to farm for. You need smth to fight for and you need enjoyment by doing that. And im sure that if there's 1 guy out there that can really make a normal custom stuff with normal stats and sh1t i can bet my house that it will have mroe players than the one you'll makle with this guide. And this guy will not help reduce the everyday kid-servers. Website/Hoster/Forum? Are you serious? They don't have that much of money but someone lied them they can make a server and guess what they wont hesitate to make it alongside their dumb ideas and afterwards close it after like 1 week or so. I can disagree with every phrase of this guide. Well maybe i can leave the website stuff alone as that is common sense.

w00t?? pwned!

i agree with every statement of my quote, lol.

Dream you cant make a guide which fits to every needs :)

the custom items and farming...i think custom items and farm zones kill lineage2 since theres a lot of not used item/weapon/armor.

the kid servers an other story nobody can stop it until setup an l2j server is just like 2min but yes i need to agree with you these are common sense guides because nobody can make a really helpfull guide which fits to every needs since everybody has hes own taste when it comes to create a server

@Interpid. You are right. Customs items KILL LINEAGE 2. Actually they don't "kill" they killed it already. We aren't playing Lineage 2 anymore because of lolBRs so believe me today servers fail without customs. If i wanted a normal l2 gameplay i'd just go play a retail-like where the only customs will be all the B-A-S armors and weapons as they will be only craftable and thats something like motivation , farming, gathering materials to achieve a custom thing better than the old one. And believe me you cannot play a server where the only thing you do is PvP. Take L2Mafia-GR Faction. It was popular it was the best there is and now it failed hard like 100 ppl playing. They all got boreed. Cuz they were doing same thing again and again. That's why PVP-HR servers fail. Admins think they'll be pros if they make only pvp server without any customs and in the end. 10 ppl online - GF.

@Interpid. You are right. Customs items KILL LINEAGE 2. Actually they don't "kill" they killed it already. We aren't playing Lineage 2 anymore because of lolBRs so believe me today servers fail without customs. If i wanted a normal l2 gameplay i'd just go play a retail-like where the only customs will be all the B-A-S armors and weapons as they will be only craftable and thats something like motivation , farming, gathering materials to achieve a custom thing better than the old one. And believe me you cannot play a server where the only thing you do is PvP. Take L2Mafia-GR Faction. It was popular it was the best there is and now it failed hard like 100 ppl playing. They all got boreed. Cuz they were doing same thing again and again. That's why PVP-HR servers fail. Admins think they'll be pros if they make only pvp server without any customs and in the end. 10 ppl online - GF.

But heres an other thing without custom items you fail but with customs you fail to(no class balance).I think im not alone with my opinion i think the best is IF AND ONLY IF you keep your players interest on the server for example you have a basic server auto tvt ctf and ofc good balance because its neccessary now everything is fine and when you see players start to get bored you add auto dm voila interest is back when they get bored again add kiling spree for example interest is back again and with that way you dont need client modding also since its java based and java is easy to customize its just imagination nothing else i think you understand what i trying to say

if the "greek kids" read these lines, they won't give a f***.

They will continue to make custom lolservers, which sadly atracts massive population,

But there are some guys that are newbies, and got a vision. They dont know how to handle, or create a good server and they need ideas. Silly and pittyfull. Newbies arent only "greek kids", but some ppl that got a vision. Every server i join there are 99% noobs, but the 1% that is good makes the difference, or else lineage 2 wouldnt be the same.

But heres an other thing without custom items you fail but with customs you fail to(no class balance).

. And im sure that if there's 1 guy out there that can really make a normal custom stuff with normal stats and sh1t i can bet my house that it will have mroe players than the one you'll makle with this guide.

I told you if i wanted to play a customless server I'd go play a low-rate where the custom things are all weapons-armors which are achiveable only from recipes and rbs.

I told you if i wanted to play a customless server I'd go play a low-rate where the custom things are all weapons-armors which are achiveable only from recipes and rbs.

yes but you know 90% of the server are high rate :) the main problem if it comes to modding and kill lineage its the high rate category not the low/mid rate

Amazing m8! All should know what exactly the guide says to open a server not like some noobs open a server with ucoz or .com and they think they know....They know shit xD

Thanks GoDofAdeN for your useful guide! ;)

yes but you know 90% of the server are high rate :) the main problem if it comes to modding and kill lineage its the high rate category not the low/mid rate

Retail will always be true L2. No matter how many lolprivate servers exist.

Retail will always be true L2. No matter how many lolprivate servers exist.

yes thats true but a 10y old kid cant create retail like(C based)server but he can create an l2j in a few minutes

yes thats true but a 10y old kid cant create retail like(C based)server but he can create an l2j in a few minutes

Playing at retail is not that expensive as many ppl claim it to be i know it as i myself have played on retail and it worths paying .