Vista Or Xp Sp2

rooy

Vista or XP

All Programms Work??

Lineage II?

World of Wacraft??

Call of Duty 2??

Final Fantasy?

I will go in 1 hour for format or i will put Windows Vista..

Tell me plz

ty.!

I think with vista you can't play L2 but there is a way wich there is in forum and it's sticky...

1) If you have a good PC and you know what the damn each operating system offers you, then you choose... For gaming, at least for now, XP is better than Vista...

2) If you have a good PC, some money to spend, some time to get them work properly, and if you are running multimedia appls (or DX10 Compatible games) you should choose Vista...

YOU have to choose... Just to answer you...

1) Of course not, nobody talked about backwards compability from m$

2) Yes...

3) Yes...

4) No...

5) N/A

6) You choose :)

Make two parts and add XP & Vista...

Future compability is the only issue that microsoft depends on..

I have Vista Home Premium !! (Soon Vista Ultimate xD)

I have 3 Lineage2 Clients (C4 , C5 , Interlude) And ALL Works Great, Without ANY Modification ;D

i like my Xp SP2....... i dont have any problems, cuz they are "old" and supports all programs and games!!!

with Vista u get problems like: not supporting games and problems, and they "eat" a lot of RAM!!!!

i suggest u to w8 a little longer for vista to support all programs and specialy L2... xD

It's like the past, when i jumped from 98 to 2000 for me...

I had lot's of problems because i bought them (or most likely i was offered them) too early... Most basic programs have fixes, but there are programs that don't run properly...

It's the big step to advance to a next generation operating system... In my opinion, if you don't have DX10 compatible PC, then just leave it... Some people were waiting 2 years from the launch of XP to install them and they say that they will do the same again (and they proved to be right, check SP1 and SP2, some BIG holes in the operating system), and if i didn't get vista ultimate for free, i wouldn't have installed them neither :)

Ehm, darky, the PCs that have Vista installed are supposed to have more than 2GB memory, of course vista will cause MANY troubles in a 1GB PC... MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY troubles... Some people installed win Vista on 1 GB PCs (i warned them of course) and they came back to change the operating system :)

Well, In My laptop I Have Vista Home Premium..And I have 1GB ram : ALL WORKS GREAT !! ;D

P.s. I haven't Problems Maybe cuz I have a Dual Core CPU or What ? xD

Try running a heavy application, and if you don't restart your PC soon, tell me :) The Ram consumation in 1GB PCs is about 50-60% if i am not wrong... I am at 925 MB after 5 hours of broswing and with 6 IE (and 2-3 tabs each).

Getting on linux suse 10.1, brb ^^

No, having 2 OS in a single pc can cause troubles, in dirs etc,

My suggestion:

Put XP. They are lighter, lighter and lighter. I mean, you won't have enough memory to run more than 2 clients sufficiently, even if you have the recommended *1024 mb ram*.

Then, if you want, you can wait a day or two, 'till I finish my guide on how to *visually transform XP in Vista. I have 3 pcs.

The first is lame, I never use it, it runs on XP sp1.

The second one has 2gb ram, dual core 64bit processor Intel, Nvidia GPU 7800GTX, but by the time I installed Vista, I can't run more than 3 clients as easily as before. That's bad.

My third PC is the one I use the most, it has almost the same configuration as the second one, and runs on WinXP Pro SP2. However, because I got used to the interface of Vista, I changed every single visual aspect of XP, even the fonts, to look like Vista. And it is great, plus, it doesn't have that stupid Alt+tab function that caused lag when playing l2, but another one, still with snapshot preview.

The guide is easy, I 'll finish it in a couple of days, unless sth goes really wrong, like what happened to my Overlord in PvP tactics guide.(That was a great guide, wtf am i so unlucky?)

I have 4 operating systems on this PC and i have 2 more PCs with dual boot :) And believe me, no troubles at all :)

And with 8800/2GB/vista/C2D i can run 5 clients without even having lag, after the 6th client i have connection lag (i suppose... I don't know with the new line :)) I may have some PC lag on teleports, but not for more than 7'' per teleport...

I avoid using windows when i simply broswe on the web, however, if i run games or main programs, i use them ^^

And i don't think that everything on vista is the GUI :) Some people like it, but i don't find a big difference except aero...

Btw, alt + tab is on IE for multiple windows, START + tab is for aero :) And it is normal to cause a small PC crash, it's like changing windows fast with the task bar...

Just for the history, the biggest update before XP to Vista was 98 to 2000, and the code differences between 98 and 2k was 1k new lines, now on XP vs Vista, it's 11k new lines of code :) For the home edition...

I would go with XP SP1

Everything works great, not many problems and everything is designed to work with it basically.  Soon, there will be a release for DX10 compatible on XP SP1 too.

Vista is for grandma's that have 10 cameras and a 10 gig mem stick they use in 1 hour.

I have 4 operating systems on this PC and i have 2 more PCs with dual boot :) And believe me, no troubles at all :)

And with 8800/2GB/vista/C2D i can run 5 clients without even having lag, after the 6th client i have connection lag (i suppose... I don't know with the new line :)) I may have some PC lag on teleports, but not for more than 7'' per teleport...

I avoid using windows when i simply broswe on the web, however, if i run games or main programs, i use them ^^

And i don't think that everything on vista is the GUI :) Some people like it, but i don't find a big difference except aero...

Btw, alt + tab is on IE for multiple windows, START + tab is for aero :) And it is normal to cause a small PC crash, it's like changing windows fast with the task bar...

Just for the history, the biggest update before XP to Vista was 98 to 2000, and the code differences between 98 and 2k was 1k new lines, now on XP vs Vista, it's 11k new lines of code :) For the home edition...

I agree with you.I just a bout a mac pro with mac os x and i add 1 new hard disc 500gb with 3 partitions and i installed windows vista ultimate linux and windows sp2 and i have not problem.

The only thing that you must config is to make the disc2 to be one with 1.I mean like a partition not to recognise as 2 drive

So when i open my pc it ask me with what os it will start