[Guide #DreaM [Dota Contest] ]Syllabear, The Lone Druid

lens1379480_1211734059Sylla.jpg

Story

Syllabear was spared a time of great strife due to the deeds of his people. Sensing their settlements impending destruction they turned their child into a bear and sent him to the wild. Syllabear grew up strong and savage, like the bears that inhabited the forest of his home. Using druidic powers, he can enter a state of almost rabid frenzy, and even call powerful bear companions to aid him. Awakened into his elven heritage by Furion the Prophet, Syllabear has regained his true elven form, and brings the bestial spirit of the bear to the battlefield.

Skills #

Summon Spirit Bear draft_lens1379480module2322938photo_1211741044bear1.gif

Summons a powerful Spirit Bear companion. It occassionally Entangles enemies that it attacks, which immobilizes an enemy for 3 seconds, dealing 40 damage per second. Spirit Bear deals 28 - 38 normal damage. Spirit Bear will automatically teleport back to Syllabear if it attempts to attack a unit while he is more than 1500 range away from Syllabear

Level 1 - 1400 hit points, Entangle.

Level 2 - 1800 hit points, gains Return (5 seconds cooldown).

Level 3 - 2300 hit points, Return, Entangle and gain Demolish. Demolish allows Spirit Bear to deal 1.6 times damage to buildings.

Level 4 - 2700 hit points, has Return, Entangles, Demolish, 33% Spell Damage Reduction, and can carry up to 6 items.

Mana Cost: 75

Cooldown: 180

Rabid draft_lens1379480module2322939photo_1211741796Rabid.gif

Syllabear can create an intense combative fury in either himself or any of his controlled unit.

Lasts 10 seconds.

Level 1 - Increases attack speed by 10% and movement speed by 5%.

Level 2 - Increases attack speed by 20% and movement speed by 10%.

Level 3 - Increases attack speed by 30% and movement speed by 15%.

Level 4 - Increases attack speed by 40% and movement speed by 20%.

Mana Cost: 50

Cooldown: 30

Synergy draft_lens1379480module2322940photo_1211741886Synergy.gif

Increases the Lone Druid's synergy with his Spirit Bear with each level:

Spirit Bear - Adds 10 damage and 10 movement points.

Rabid - Increases the duration by 10 seconds.

True Form - Adds 100 HP per level

Passive

True Form draft_lens1379480module2322941photo_1211742030TrueForm.gif

Syllabear learns to morph himself into a brown bear. He can morph freely between human and bear form.

Level 1 - 250 bonus health, 2 bonus armor.

Level 2 - 400 bonus health, 4 bonus armor and has Battle Cry.

Level 3 - 600 bonus health, 6 bonus armor and has One.

Mana Cost: 25

Cooldown: N/A

Now that we are done with skill-explanation lets move on to skill build.

Skill Build#

1->draft_lens1379480module2322938photo_1211741044bear1.gif

2->draft_lens1379480module2322939photo_1211741796Rabid.gif

3->draft_lens1379480module2322938photo_1211741044bear1.gif

4->draft_lens1379480module2322939photo_1211741796Rabid.gif

5->draft_lens1379480module2322938photo_1211741044bear1.gif

6->draft_lens1379480module2322941photo_1211742030TrueForm.gif

7->draft_lens1379480module2322938photo_1211741044bear1.gif

8->draft_lens1379480module2322939photo_1211741796Rabid.gif

9->draft_lens1379480module2322939photo_1211741796Rabid.gif

10->draft_lens1379480module2322940photo_1211741886Synergy.gif

11->draft_lens1379480module2322941photo_1211742030TrueForm.gif

12->draft_lens1379480module2322940photo_1211741886Synergy.gif

13->draft_lens1379480module2322940photo_1211741886Synergy.gif

14->draft_lens1379480module2322940photo_1211741886Synergy.gif

15->BTNStatUp.gif

16->draft_lens1379480module2322941photo_1211742030TrueForm.gif

17-25->BTNStatUp.gif

Moving on to Item Build

Item Build#

You shouldn't forget that

-You have 2 inventory's

#1 For your base hero

#2 For your bear which can be the BEST supporter

-You are Agility hero and as one you need healthpoints

-Don't forget that items i am going to show you may not be good for a ranged hero but he as a malee hero as well so everything is ok.

Starting in the game the first item you should build is

BTNWirtsLegGreen.gif

You will make PT AGY for the MS/AS and nothing more ;]

BTNINV_Helmet_13.gif

After you got this item you will be able to farm freely without being TOTALLY owned by others because of your sucky hp amount. Later this item will become BTNHornOfDoom.gifBecause of the HP bonus and the active skill but thats only in late game.

BTNSpell_Holy_BlessingOfStrength.gif

Next item that you will have to do is surely going to be S&Y because of the AS/MS and the HP Bonuses and also the passive skill maim which has the ability to slow your enemies which will give you chance to attack him with both your hero and your support puppet, your bear.

After you have done this items its time to start to get some items for your bear which also apply stats to you and as a supporter character it will be Aura Boy or at least i will call it like that , so the things you should do after making PT/S+Y/Helm is buying this items to your bear

BTNCloakOfFlames.gif

Vladimir's Offering give the basic auras that you and your team will need and its the 4th item you should do and the 1st one for your bear.

BTNINV_Helmet_17.gif

+ Regeneration is never denied and anyway this item is cheap and you will make it in no time so yeah you will do it :).

Now that you have done some auras to your bear its time to continue developing your main hero the Syllabear.

BTNINV_Weapon_Halberd_10.gif

You probably already reached mid game state so a decent increase in AS/DMG will be a good sing and it will also help you take place in pushes!

BTNINV_Misc_Gem_Bloodstone_02.gif

Its time to start stabilize your stats and drastically increase you health points

BTNINV_ThrowingKnife_04.gif

Now that your char has a lot of HP and its almost a tank you should again increase your attack power with this item!

Now that you have done this items to your main hero its time to finish what you have started with your support character and indeed the bear that you have as a moving inventory

BTNINV_Chest_Chain_14.gif

Drastically increasing attack speed for your bear and your main hero also great Armor increase with this item your bear becomes a target because its an ultimate supporter in pushing with all this auras [Note]You should push only when you have your bear spawned and when the skill with which you spawn it is reloaded so in case it dies you can res it

BTNAbility_Gouge.gif

Desolator+Assault -10 armor = Total ownage i doubt you will have so much money to make all the things on the bear + your main hero but in case you do im letting you know how it should basically look like

BTNTransmute.gif

Now that you have -armor + a lot of damage on your bear its time to add EVEN MORE DMG and + damage aura so your bear becomes a killin' machine

BTNINV_Hammer_10.gif

I will repeat myself i doubt you will reach that level of game but if you do with basher on your support character and a hold as a passive skill [chance skill] your support char is not only aura's giving but simply the thing that can let you own a whole team solo

So here is 3 pictures of stats while in normal state/ ultimate state and your support animal stats at late game/end game.Including auras from the bear

Normal State

scaled.php?server=9&filename=asd2v.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

Ultimate State

scaled.php?server=8&filename=asd3g.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

Bear Stats

scaled.php?server=8&filename=asd4u.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

Rejected Items to make on your main hero!

BTNHeartOfAszune.gif

BloodStone gives more HP

BTNAdvancedUnholyArmor.gif

You don't need it, it has more options for adding defense stats to the hero.

BTNINV_Weapon_Crossbow_10.gif

Chance of critical on this hero is rare i know it from personal experience

BTNStormHammer.gif

Rejected since you need maim and not this bullsh1t.

BTNLothars.gif

You don't need this item ppl make it but i think you dont need it.

BTNINV_ThrowingAxe_06.gif

Rejected don't forget you are not only a melee but a ranged hero too!

Alternative Items

BTNIceShard.gif

Skadi is acceptable because of the HP + DMG + AS stats giving

BTNGoldGloves.gif

Acceptable because you can farm with this extremely fast but you should sell it in mid game so you can make the base items.

BTNHoodOfCunning.gif

Rarely but acceptable depends on the enemy heroes

BTNOrb%20of%20Water.gif

Only in some situation's

BTNRodOfNecromancy.gif

If you have 3 or more mages enemies againts you.

You know how to create your hero now but you don't know which enemies should you fear and who should you look for a chance to backstab well here we go

[Enemies]

Hamg.gifHC92.gifOtch.gifUcrl.gifH00K.gifEkee.gifOpgh.gifU00K.gif

From this hero's i mean

+Mass Stunners

+Start Hero's [with this i mean heros that own easily in start game and this can be trouble for you since you have to get feeded in start]

+Mass DMG dealers

+Hard Tanks

+Invisible Heros With invisible skills that cause pain in start game

[Allies]

U00F.gifOshd.gifGeom.gifH00V.gifUdre.gifHarf.gifOrkn.gifHdgo.gif

From this Hero's i mean:

-Slowers

-Holders

-Healers

-Stunners

-Disablers

-Tanks

[Preys]

BTNHeroArchMage.gifHvwd.gifE005.gifEdem.gifUC76.gifNfir.gifHpal.gif

From this Hero's i mean:

=Slow Heros

=Heros without escape options

=Low HP heros

=Non-Disablers

Note: In start game everyone is a worst enemy for you because you start with low stats and you are vurnable a lot until you complete the build you should fear everything and everyone you should start hunting only prey's on low hp so you can get feeded.

Pros'n'Cons

Pros

-He has a support character which can carry items and this just makes him IMBA

-High attack speed + damage its impossible [almost] to run from him

-2 Forms Melee And Range which allows him to have different ways of playing

-Its not hard to control him as his skills aren't special

Cons

-Low HP in start a target for feed

-Skills that cannot deal damage or help him escape

-Hard to work with both his bear and him

-Many ways of playing him

Jungling

You can go jungling at 8-12 level after you got PT and Helm and whenever you feel that your line is not in danger.

Lane Control

You should solo in start  so you can get your items fast and start ganging, lane control should be easy for you and your bear as you are having a support character which helps you farm even faster, you should combine jungling + defending try to take the 1st tower asap so you can push a lil bit than go jungling push a lil bit than go jungling and so go on also don't forget to go and gang ppl from other lines so you can gain bonus gold

Start Game

At the very start you should choose a lane which you can solo in, so you can get a lot of gold and build items.Try to destroy enemy tower asap so you can combine push + jungling before mid game comes, also be a kind guy and go steal your teammates heros/towers so you can gain ever more gold, at the start and half of the mid game its based on farming for you

Mid Game

Mid game you should gang with your team mates and farm as much as you can so you can at least end with your hero build and start making Assault on your bear if your team calls you for a push accept it since you will need gold and you can have a chance to try and kill enemy forces for a bonus gold.

Late Game

Late game you should push and look for a game over if its a death match than its better for you since you will have a chance to finish your support character items as well as your hero's.

Tips

-When feeling that you will get ganged use ulti for the bonus health point and run!

-Use ultimate only when fighting tanks when fighting low-health hero's use your range attack to slow + drive him crazy and possibly kill him

-Never leave sight of your bear and always push with his company you and your team depend on him!

-Try to kill roshan when you complete Assault on your bear.

-Don't forget you aren't playing alone and help your mates in times of need!

Thats all folks that was my guide on Syllabear the lone druid i hope i helped ya out and gived ya a clue on how to play on him. Comments/Suggestions/Critics are more than welcome.

=Bonus Image Teh 2 Bears=

scaled.php?server=410&filename=asd1v.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

---END---

Gj Dream, this is a great , fully-explained guide :)

Lone Druid is a hard hero because having to control two heroes is quite hard :)

as i see he is expencive, also, but what is the point of farming for your bear when you can farm for yourself :P?

also i would like to add isn't mekansm a good idea?

heal for you + bear + teammates :)

guys, when I play this char, I never get the bear...

I always leave it last...

IMO druid is better if played as a simple ranged char like mirana...

pretty good damage, attack speed etc... and in late game he has a bear to go jungling for extra gold! :P

And what so noobish about it? If you don't reply within a day or two i will dekarma you because you gave no explanation.

no need to worry bout those nubs :P

just dekarma them and remove their posts ;)