Lineage 2 bugs/exploits

Hey there, just to be clear I'm not asking for a guide or anything like that. Just starting a discussion. 
So here we go. Been back to L2 some months now on/off. Playing around on different servers and on my own server too (mostly for fun nothing serious). I mostly played interlude and hi5 for this time period, I've met people and to my surprise on a discussion they've mentioned some bugs that worked on known servers, not too far back. I won't mention any server names as to not de-fame any server. But I will mention some bugs mentioned to me and some I've witnessed myself. Double buffs (such as improved combat and might stacked), players getting healed outside of town (npc buffer), double stats from certain items, castle engraver not receiving damage/debuffs (without celestial/FOI). It's amazing how such an old game can still "generate" bugs to this day. Makes you wonder how many exploits and bugs existed back in the good old days and the majority of players knew nothing about it. I do understand that it has lots to do with the used packs, JAVA vs OFF and so on but I do find it interesting hearing others experiences and opinions on this matter.

Edited by FossilGamer

47 minutes ago, FossilGamer said:

Hey there, just to be clear I'm not asking for a guide or anything like that. Just starting a discussion. 
So here we go. Been back to L2 some months now on/off. Playing around on different servers and on my own server too (mostly for fun nothing serious). I mostly played interlude and hi5 for this time period, I've met people and to my surprise on a discussion they've mentioned some bugs that worked on known servers, not too far back. I won't mention any server names as to not de-fame any server. But I will mention some bugs mentioned to me and some I've witnessed myself. Double buffs (such as improved combat and might stacked), players getting healed outside of town (npc buffer), double stats from certain items, castle engraver not receiving damage/debuffs (without celestial/FOI). It's amazing how such an old game can still "generate" bugs to this day. Makes you wonder how many exploits and bugs existed back in the good old days and the majority of players knew nothing about it. I do understand that it has lots to do with the used packs, JAVA vs OFF and so on but I do find it interesting hearing others experiences and opinions on this matter.

Whether it's L2OFF or L2J, the platform doesn't make a significant difference these days. Both can either be stable or have issues depending on the server's developer or administrator's commitment. I've encountered numerous L2OFF servers with peculiar bugs as well. What truly matters is the respect the staff shows to the community. Personally, I take note of every bug and publicly document them so that everyone can monitor the progress of fixes and see which known bugs still need attention. 

Certainly, some bugs may have lower priority or require extensive debugging and testing, which can prolong the fixing process. However, I firmly believe that what's crucial for the staff is to openly share all of this information and not hesitate to acknowledge the existence of these bugs.

2 hours ago, Trance said:

Whether it's L2OFF or L2J, the platform doesn't make a significant difference these days. Both can either be stable or have issues depending on the server's developer or administrator's commitment. I've encountered numerous L2OFF servers with peculiar bugs as well. What truly matters is the respect the staff shows to the community. Personally, I take note of every bug and publicly document them so that everyone can monitor the progress of fixes and see which known bugs still need attention. 

Certainly, some bugs may have lower priority or require extensive debugging and testing, which can prolong the fixing process. However, I firmly believe that what's crucial for the staff is to openly share all of this information and not hesitate to acknowledge the existence of these bugs.

100%.png

5 hours ago, FossilGamer said:

those are not bugs, this is how players learned to have them from the buggy servers, if you correct them they shout buug server failllllllllll and stuff like that

2 hours ago, Nightw0lf said:

those are not bugs, this is how players learned to have them from the buggy servers, if you correct them they shout buug server failllllllllll and stuff like that

You don't always have to heed players, especially when they are mistaken. I engage in discussions with mine and convey how things are meant to be // or how I want them to be, and why.

Edited by Trance
  • Like 1