[Q] How do you clear/reset ExServerPrimitive packet properly

Long story short, I've written a function that displays a circle around the character when certain conditions are met. However, I can't seem to find a way to make it so that the circle in question is dynamic, or in other words to make it move around with the character. (No matter what I tried, the result was always the same - heavy FPS drop in the client after 15-20 seconds).

Is there a way to update the circle in real time (as the character moves) and if so, how?

I'm looking for a solution that does not involve client modifications. Any ideas, tips, and tricks are more than welcome.

Edited by Bru7aLMike
improved clarity

1 hour ago, Bru7aLMike said:

Long story short, I've written a function that displays a circle around the character when certain conditions are met. However, I can't seem to find a way to make it so that the circle in question is dynamic, or in other words to make it move around with the character. (No matter what I tried, the result was always the same - heavy FPS drop in the client after 15-20 seconds).

Is there a way to update the circle in real time (as the character moves) and if so, how?

I'm looking for a solution that does not involve client modifications. Any ideas, tips, and tricks are more than welcome.

A primitive packet require you to define it using a name.

Basically try send again an empty primitive or to a different location such as 0, 0, 0 with the same name and it will replace it.

Well, I did try sending an empty primitive but the client still suffered from an FPS drop.  I'll try sending a point at predetermined coordinates next.

Any idea how to make it so that the circle moves with the character without clearing the existing lines and sending them all over again at different coordinates?

Like, is there a way to basically link the said packet to player's coordinates so that no matter where the character goes, the circle goes with it and the char is always in the middle of the circle (from top-down perspective).

I realise this might be a silly question but I'm still new to this kind of stuff, so... here we go. 😄

What would happen if I simply send another packet with the same name but with different coordinates without clearing the lines of the previous one? Would the old one be replaced?

//debug_center: the assigned name of the packet 
//clearDebugPackets: clears all lines and points associated with the packet and sends an empty packet with the same name
//reset(): clears the cached packet server side;

debug_center = activeChar.getDebugPacket("center");
debug_center.reset();
activeChar.clearDebugPackets(debug_center);

Edited by Bru7aLMike
additional question in order not to spam the thread
  • Thanks 1

The only possibility would be to use a Threadpool and call it every X times. That packet DRAWS things on client, there is nothing like "realtime". It stays on screen until you decide it mustn't stay on screen.

As you say, more you use forms, laggier your client will be. At this moment, I don't think it's possible to dump all the "hidden" forms, even after a packet reset. Client properly cleanups when the Player actually disconnects to the lobby, which probably cleans all forms from client memory.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 7:29 PM, Tryskell said:

The only possibility would be to use a Threadpool and call it every X times. That packet DRAWS things on client, there is nothing like "realtime". It stays on screen until you decide it mustn't stay on screen.

As you say, more you use forms, laggier your client will be. At this moment, I don't think it's possible to dump all the "hidden" forms, even after a packet reset. Client properly cleanups when the Player actually disconnects to the lobby, which probably cleans all forms from client memory.

Hello , i am using acis 382 pack and i set when teleporting into town to get rr , select char and enterworld and i am wondering if is there any way to check client memory cache size to set this to happen when is like > 60% full ? because right now i just set to Rnd.get(1,100) > 47 🙂

Edited by arm4729