JDT Core

Williams

Question

Hi, I'm recently using an l2jserver project and I noticed something, why does every L2j project hide warnings instead of modifying the system? I have looked at java updates 1.8 to 11, 12, 14 and 15 whenever there is a java update, it always adds a warn ocut. Wouldn't that directly affect project performance with code leaks?

10 hours ago, xdem said:

warnings don't necessarily mean leaks/bad performance idiots 😄

What you say is excactly that if this then maybe that, your statement is not even absolute or explained so if you're looking for idiots get a mirror and thank me later.

on topic i believe tryskel has a point on stable lts he just follow the timeline, but you cant say this for all other projects mentioned (asside l2j).

8 hours ago, iTopZ said:

What you say is excactly that if this then maybe that, your statement is not even absolute or explained so if you're looking for idiots get a mirror and thank me later.

on topic i believe tryskel has a point on stable lts he just follow the timeline, but you cant say this for all other projects mentioned (asside l2j).

you can make anything appear as a warning via Eclipse settings, what kind of clown are you ?

2 hours ago, xdem said:

you can make anything appear as a warning via Eclipse settings, what kind of clown are you ?

you cant even follow your own conversation, so thankfully not your kind.

2 hours ago, iTopZ said:

you cant even follow your own conversation, so thankfully not your kind.

thats because I can't bring my IQ so low to have a convo with you, I will try harder next time, takes effort to communicate with a retard who doesn't know what his talking about

5 hours ago, xdem said:

thats because I can't bring my IQ so low to have a convo with you, I will try harder next time, takes effort to communicate with a retard who doesn't know what his talking about

I get it is more easy to personally attack me than make an argument, its hard for you and your toxic behaviour, as i said look in the mirror if you looking for clowns.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:14 AM, iTopZ said:

Well, xdem is kinda right - not for the "idiots" part, but for the fact than the user is free to choose from all possible "error types", the way he wants it to be handled.

Any "error" can be set as ignored, warning or even error.

test.png.7a6315d57b2da7c455f6f68526ff5dc2.png

The initial post is kinda "naive" - there is no proper way to handle "errors", some of those "errors" are also "pointless" at best, "annoying" at the worst.

A simple exemple can be illustrated with the "unused method parameter" error, which will be basically triggered on almost any "super" method, because most of the time the use is on the overriden method - a live exemple with sendPacket(L2GameServerPacket) method, which is blank in Creature class, so it will throw a warning here because the implementation is actually on Player/Playable.

That "error", if activated, would probably trigger one or two hundred of warnings by itself - while there is strictly nothing wrong to begin with.

Generally speaking, you set at least all performances types "errors" to at least "warning", but the leftover is basically up to how the developer see (or feels) Java.

There is simply no point to activate everything.

Edited by Tryskell
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tryskell said:

Well, xdem is kinda right - not for the "idiots" part, but for the fact than the user is free to choose from all possible "error types", the way he wants it to be handled.

Any "error" can be set as ignored, warning or even error.

test.png.7a6315d57b2da7c455f6f68526ff5dc2.png

The initial post is kinda "naive" - there is no proper way to handle "errors", some of those "errors" are also "pointless" at best, "annoying" at the worst.

A simple exemple can be illustrated with the "unused method parameter" error, which will be basically triggered on almost any "super" method, because most of the time the use is on the overriden method - a live exemple with sendPacket(L2GameServerPacket) method, which is blank in Creature class, so it will throw a warning here because the implementation is actually on Player/Playable.

That "error", if activated, would probably trigger one or two hundred of warnings by itself - while there is strictly nothing wrong to begin with.

Generally speaking, you set at least all performances types "errors" to at least "warning", but the leftover is basically up to how the developer see (or feels) Java.

There is simply no point to activate everything.

for your project it can be the only one example he is right, if he was able to make a proper argument or make an absolute statement while not trying to be a clowwn, i've also made a statement for the sunrise as example of hidden warnings, those you mention have no impact on speed code leaks or to begin with.

what is the performance impact on an unhandled switch-case enum ? - none

what is the performance impact on an unused variable ? - none

what is the performance impact on an unclosed connection ? - none closes when gets out of scope

Java developers know that Java is also written by retards, so internally 99% of your shit is cleaned up by them on compile or even JIT level. Warnings help keeping the source code clean on the project's prespective, and are just warnings and nowhere near to something that trully impacts and drives performance. (There are other tools that do that)

Now, @iTopZ you are totally irrelevant to me, I don't know who you are and by what means you hate me, but your just wasting your time going aggressive to me totally unprovoked because an irrelevant can't change my opinion or my feelings. Cheers

Edited by xdem

6 hours ago, iTopZ said:

lets leave it to this.

its easy to be the clown  and you are doing it really well ! I got to admin that.

Aside the trashtalking, let the techical things for the people that actually know their shit given their hard work and experience.

There are many other topics on this forum where you can play the clown and nobody including me is going to ruin your experience

Edited by xdem