L2OFF - Change l2server.exe name process.

dandiarena

Question

HI, i want to know that how to change name process l2server.exe ,

why? 

if you run 2 servers, the second says that l2server.exe its running and cant open, if the process name change, that not apeared and can execute 2 server y 1 machine.

i try with some programs but stil working bad, i know that in depmax old with source it more easy to compiled.

It's not about process name, it's about global objects it creates (and also ports where it listens). You would have to rename all global objects (shared memory regions, mutextes, ...) and change all listening ports...

multi.png

Here in the forum they will only teach you how to make textures or things that are useless ...
People who bring important things do not want them here.

I can only tell you if you can. I have running several servers on the same hardware without virtualizing ...

• Downvote 1

21 hours ago, guytis said:

multi.png

Here in the forum they will only teach you how to make textures or things that are useless ...
People who bring important things do not want them here.

I can only tell you if you can. I have running several servers on the same hardware without virtualizing ...

at true not have why nobody teach.
You this nine years how to quoted, you this being  hypocrite!

There is a cost to study this, and someone has to pay your energy.

I'm not going to pull yours bag because of you knowledge, I think it's already time for my opinion to enter in this  game!

Yes, there is a censorship on the part of some members, by  ADM how more teaches better your forum so not've ideology by part of adm.

Each protects his profession brother.

Unfortunately guy you are being dumb.

If you prefer, launch a Tutorial Module for us.
Everyone knows what they need, Asmx86 x64 API Win. PE Format, SQL etc...

Even later!

Edited by N43L

guytis, you know it now, and you're intellectual bad also my king.

You're judging according to your perspective of vision that can be wrong, as also right because everything is copy, more in the world does not work like that!

How.

How do you fund your studies with govern communism+help? And how do they fund? Understand? 

Edited by N43L
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, guytis said:

I already help you. I told them that YES, it can be done.

leaves things roll and shows you how you can help and improve yourself as you can.  Bye and thank you! :smile:

1 hour ago, guytis said:

I already help you. I told them that YES, it can be done.

But I know where the problem is, you did not understand that they know English fluently, all the technology is in English. So they do not need to teach, eve in Latin America everyone is outdated.

They will talk about binary if Brazilian does not know what a byte is and errors of translation where stay in this story?

Sometimes they do not teach because it is unfeasible and they prefer ready or buy result. 

Here we not've no overview dimension.

I've seen a lot of poste regarding binary empty. Example is the source you posted.

Disassemble byte and teach us how to add and how to find them.

The:wink: is only put search in google or simulate with exe add buffer small in memory e search her and after to apply in L2OFF LOL

My speak "at true not have why nobody teach."->maybe in them country the government does not finance education % more is private?

Your speak "I already help you" 

Help is equal Teach?  oO we have something wrong here. What's name of this error? Manipulation of mind? 

Edited by N43L

2 hours ago, N43L said:

But I know where the problem is, you did not understand that they know English fluently, all the technology is in English. So they do not need to teach, eve in Latin America everyone is outdated.

They will talk about binary if Brazilian does not know what a byte is and errors of translation where stay in this story?

Sometimes they do not teach because it is unfeasible and they prefer ready or buy result. 

Here we not've no overview dimension.

I've seen a lot of poste regarding binary empty. Example is the source you posted.

Disassemble byte and teach us how to add and how to find them.

The:wink: is only put search in google or simulate with exe add buffer small in memory e search her and after to apply in L2OFF LOL

My speak "at true not have why nobody teach."->maybe in them country the government does not finance education % more is private?

Your speak "I already help you" 

Help is equal Teach?  oO we have something wrong here. What's name of this error? Manipulation of mind? 

I really do not understand what the problem is ...
If in my country there is no education, then why do you ask an Argentinian to help with this so easily?

I know it's possible to do it, the only thing I need is an aid or a little knowledge of how to do it. 

If need any program, any new compilation, etc.

problem in this forum with l2off devs is that they never share and only say "i did it", "it can be done", they will never share they will only judge, so maybe they feel unwanted in the forum but with a good reason.

7 hours ago, DenArt Designs said:

problem in this forum with l2off devs is that they never share and only say "i did it", "it can be done", they will never share they will only judge, so maybe they feel unwanted in the forum but with a good reason.

The times I shared something you always criticized him, so don't expect anything from me.

I only gave you the help that if it can be done, don't expect to receive all the facts...

Now you know what can be done.

Try to make it work...

they want to build a server to make money and they don't want to do anything for themselves... they're all crazy.

As it was written - you have to rename all global (inside single OS instance) objects. To find them, open L2Server in IDA, find imported CreateFileMappingW/CreateMutexW functions. They accept hard-coded string. Now, you have to write extender to take those strings from config file instead of being hard-coded.

You have to do the same with L2NPC as well, but look for OpenFileMappingW/CreateMutexW instead.

Or you can skip "extender" part and just replace hard-coded strings in binary itself using some notepad++. Eg. change _L2SERVER_EXE_ to _L3SERVER_EXE_  - this small change allows you to run 2 instances. However, to be ran properly, all other shared memory objects should be changed as well

• Thanks 1

On 6/24/2019 at 1:26 PM, MasterToma said:

As it was written - you have to rename all global (inside single OS instance) objects. To find them, open L2Server in IDA, find imported CreateFileMappingW/CreateMutexW functions. They accept hard-coded string. Now, you have to write extender to take those strings from config file instead of being hard-coded.

You have to do the same with L2NPC as well, but look for OpenFileMappingW/CreateMutexW instead.

Or you can skip "extender" part and just replace hard-coded strings in binary itself using some notepad++. Eg. change _L2SERVER_EXE_ to _L3SERVER_EXE_  - this small change allows you to run 2 instances. However, to be ran properly, all other shared memory objects should be changed as well

bla... bla... bla... bla... 

I have 6 servers running and I don't need to do that...

Edited by guytis