2+ healers in party decrease heal

18 minutes ago, An4rchy said:

Idk where you read this, we're not in 2006 btw.

Well is not the fastest language in the world. Except some spots like object creation which is faster than C++ in other stuff it slow and has big memory consume. 

I know since '2006' java made a huge process but still its not like it can be super super fast.

17 minutes ago, tazerman2 said:

1.4 mass heal if healer is 2 bad code.. i know heal give 2.1k heal if pt have 3 healers? give 800 hp ?

all party match is die. and dont forget l2 no have only heal's you can fix debuff. stun, silence, fear

all this.

Generally the code he "shared".. god call it code anyway.. it's really bad in term's of gameplay. Why would you split the heal in half 

nobody would add 2 or more bishops. Simply cause its a waste (if heal is splitted / size) and because bishops are easy target to die from daggers e.t.c 

3 minutes ago, Evie Frye said:

Well is not the fastest language in the world. Except some spots like object creation which is faster than C++ in other stuff it slow and has big memory consume. 

I know since '2006' java made a huge process but still its not like it can be super super fast.

Performance wise C++ and Java are currently very close. The reason you see C++ being used more by big companies is because their engines/software is written in C++ since years (maybe even before Java was being used) and the most important is that you have the ability to manage your memory in C++. On top of that, C++ is more flexible and you can do many things that you can't in Java. On the other hand C++ is more complicated and will not allow users (like the topic's author) that have no knowledge of how things work to write code like the above.

Nowadays the difference in performance of the 2 languages is minimal and barely noticable, if you ask me.

1 minute ago, An4rchy said:

Performance wise C++ and Java are currently very close. The reason you see C++ being used more by big companies is because their engines/software is written in C++ since years (maybe even before Java was being used) and the most important is that you have the ability to manage your memory in C++. On top of that, C++ is more flexible and you can do many things that you can't in Java. On the other hand C++ is more complicated and will not allow users (like the topic's author) that have no knowledge of how things work to write code like the above.

Nowadays the difference in performance of the 2 languages is minimal and barely noticable, if you ask me.

Yeap obviously since hardware is upgraded. Back in 2001 with single core and 512 RAM it was noticable in seconds (not even ms).

And i agree with you difference between C++ and J is small both obj oriented and syntax simillary too (even tho it was an example) still java is heavier (in term of memory). Although i love java as many for the garbage collector, the fact that it does not have memory leaks. In my opinion is the fastest language in creating objects. you can run a loop creating 100.000 objects and it will take average 0.1 second. 

52 minutes ago, tazerman2 said:

1.4 mass heal if healer is 2 bad code.. i know heal give 2.1k heal if pt have 3 healers? give 800 hp ?

all party match is die. and dont forget l2 no have only heal's you can fix debuff. stun, silence, fear

all this.

34 minutes ago, Evie Frye said:

Why would you split the heal in half 

nobody would add 2 or more bishops. Simply cause its a waste (if heal is splitted / size) and because bishops are easy target to die from daggers e.t.c 

probably try to make parties being equal in terms of healing, or prevent a player to carry 3-4 bps bots for autoheals on an area for pvp ,but still this way makes it worse than better at all,and like tazer said it's more than healing,and by this logic, tanks should also decrease their def if there are 2 or mroe in the pt, wich makes non sense at all. For example having 2 tanks alrdy in pt you miss the dmg so it's pretty much the same,no need for such change.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Evie Frye said:

Yeap obviously since hardware is upgraded. Back in 2001 with single core and 512 RAM it was noticable in seconds (not even ms).

And i agree with you difference between C++ and J is small both obj oriented and syntax simillary too (even tho it was an example) still java is heavier (in term of memory). Although i love java as many for the garbage collector, the fact that it does not have memory leaks. In my opinion is the fastest language in creating objects. you can run a loop creating 100.000 objects and it will take average 0.1 second. 

Your knowledge is minimal, so you better keep your opinion for your self because you talk about things you don't understand 

11 hours ago, An4rchy said:

Not true, if you want to be fast with c++ you can use C libraries and do stuff with the highest efficiency and speed possible in cost of developing time, this alone sets Java miles behind c++ in terms of speed. 

Never forget that Java has overhead that can never be avoided, like exception handling, fake generics, virtual machine and generally lots of layers of code for it's semantics, security and memory management under the hood. Of course everything of the above vmcan be avoided in c++

3 hours ago, xxdem said:

Your knowledge is minimal, so you better keep your opinion for your self because you talk about things you don't understand 

Which one is invalid from the stuff i've said? The fact that VM uses more memory? Its not true that it uses minimum 8 byte per ob ?

C++ doesn't have memory leaks if you know what you are doing, Java pre-allocates memory during VM initialization so thats why the "C++ vs Java" benchmarks you saw say that object initialization is much faster in java (The memory allocation happened beforehand and it just stays there even if you don't use it). C++ objects are raw memory blocks that are given by the OS on the run and that costs (nothing can be faster than that) whereas Java objects are not since there are lots of layers bellow them that simply call the preallocated memory block.

Anyway Im not going to discuss more about it, lots of what you said is untrue and amateurish

1 hour ago, xxdem said:

C++ doesn't have memory leaks if you know what you are doing, Java pre-allocates memory during VM initialization so thats why the "C++ vs Java" benchmarks you saw say that object initialization is much faster in java (The memory allocation happened beforehand and it just stays there even if you don't use it). C++ objects are raw memory blocks that are given by the OS on the run and that costs (nothing can be faster than that) whereas Java objects are not since there are lots of layers bellow them that simply call the preallocated memory block.

Anyway Im not going to discuss more about it, lots of what you said is untrue and amateurish

I didn't say the opposite of what you said. I said Java uses more allocated memory and is faster in object creating and u say the same with the difference that you describe the procedure (of allocation). Also u don't need to see berchmarks. Just a simple loop and print is enough to see the respond in nanoseconds. But whatever don't discuss. If disqussion for you mean 1 side conversation then write down stuff and read them all your self. You act as if i disagree or anything.

7 hours ago, xxdem said:

The memory allocation happened beforehand and it just stays there even if you don't use it

Large engines written on C++ (talking about game engines mainly because that's what I'm studying) actually have memory management systems which do that exact thing. One of my coursework specifications is to actually make a memory management system for a game engine we are writing that allocates memory when the engine starts and allocates more (if needed) while the engine is running.

To be honest, I've only just started working with C++ (first and second year at uni we used Java) so I wouldn't be the one to compare it with Java performance wise. However the statement I made is based on things I've read. Most comparison articles clearly say that you can't directly compare the languages since their performance differs based on what part of the language you're talking about.

Edited by An4rchy

• 2 years later...

can anyone help me how to make maximum 2 healers/titan in party ?? 

i added this to requestjoinparty

if (target.getClassId().getId() == 113 ) 
                {
                    requestor.sendMessage("Maximum 2 titans are allowed in party !");
                    return;
                }
but when i have party with 2 duelist for example and i try to invite 1 titan i can't ..