Damage before the animation received

melron

Question

Hello guys,

i noticed that in all l2jpacks i've worked the damage from skills,arrows are given before the animation-arrow is on the target.

G1Z70lg.jpg

Is it about any synchronization? Why all projects have this thing? should increase the delay of the HitTask ?

Edited by melron

10 answers to this question

It might I don't remember really but most l2j pack use wrong formula either way.

You might want to check that :

https://bitbucket.org/UnAfraid/l2junity/src/d4e5e5ba7a96d89eb9081b897ba59c6024ec78e0/l2junity-gameserver/src/main/java/org/l2junity/gameserver/model/stats/Formulas.java?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#Formulas.java-443

Following method and usage. 

It's normal this way,nothing wrong with it.This how it works everywhere.

Damage has been already calculated once the spell/arrow casted thats why it happens so.

Just now, HarryHoudini said:

It's normal this way,nothing wrong with it.This how it works everywhere.

Damage has been already calculated once the spell/arrow casted thats why it happens so.

Do you find it 'normal' ? :D 

No , the damage isnt calculated once the spell is casted ... conditions yes. The damage is calculating while the last conditions passed about peace zones etc. 

Just now, melron said:

Do you find it 'normal' ? :D 

No , the damage isnt calculated once the spell is casted ... conditions yes. The damage is calculating while the last conditions passed about peace zones etc. 

Yes,you can check out videos from retail gaming.You'll see same happens,of course you can change it if you'd like to,but yes it's normal.

Just now, HarryHoudini said:

Yes,you can check out videos from retail gaming.You'll see same happens,of course you can change it if you'd like to,but yes it's normal.

The fact that all servers working like this isn't mean that is correct. It's like the private store buy thing with the enchant value bug that lives in all projects. 

Just now, melron said:

The fact that all servers working like this isn't mean that is correct. It's like the private store buy thing with the enchant value bug that lives in all projects. 

Check again above,i spoke about having a look on film from retail gameplay,not just priv servers.

Edited by HarryHoudini

2 minutes ago, melron said:

The fact that all servers working like this isn't mean that is correct.

1 minute ago, HarryHoudini said:

Check again above,i spoke about having a look on film from retail gameplay,not just priv servers.

check again what i mean... It's clearly about logic. why the target is receiving damage before the 'object' hit him? 

55 minutes ago, melron said:

check again what i mean... It's clearly about logic. why the target is receiving damage before the 'object' hit him? 

Yes, but that's how it works,i know it seems to happen something wrong,it looks weird also. I am just telling that this is normal behaviour

Edited by HarryHoudini

19 hours ago, Sdw said:

It might I don't remember really but most l2j pack use wrong formula either way.

You might want to check that :

https://bitbucket.org/UnAfraid/l2junity/src/d4e5e5ba7a96d89eb9081b897ba59c6024ec78e0/l2junity-gameserver/src/main/java/org/l2junity/gameserver/model/stats/Formulas.java?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#Formulas.java-443

Following method and usage. 

Thank you for your understanding

1 hour ago, melron said:

Thank you for your understanding

It's RE from GF and (very slightly updated) to GoD+ (mostly magic type addition)

The hit time / cast time is the very same since GF as it still matches. Guess it's the same since forever really, but clean it up for lower version.

Edited by Sdw