L2J Acis Custom Pack

Still you should have handled it 3d :P

InRadius handles the case when it's needed. There's no need to pick 3d, it only adds more complexion for extremely rare case (ToI only, catacombs aren't enough deep to be on layer -2, or your region system is even worst than I imagined). If you can filter 500+ objects during a siege, you can handle 150 (at worst, on ToI). I got 44k regions fully initialized (I divided the region size from 4k to 2k, which matches your beloved GC and Classic distance), how much do you have lazy initialized ?

What's the point to get a sky and a wyvern if your view is blocked at 3k (or even lowest if you handle catacombs correctly) max looking the sky ? And if you successfully handle catacombs, then the layer Z is probably even less, meaning you got multiple kk of regions and can't see any wyvern player.

You got like 90% of your zones which got no use to exist, only for wyvern players. And GMs falling from the sky when they use teleport button :D.

Even with your Z stuff you probably can get packets from catacombs. Except if you created layers of 500-1000 Z. Even 2k is probably too much.

PS : 2.506.752, that's the current number of zones on L2JUnity, if you didn't edit values since your free share. I had initially 11k areas, now 44k. I don't even know what's your region size, mine is 2k. That's 2.5kk CHMap (to initialize, so the real cost... You got no clue until someone decides to take a wyvern and pass through all cells), 7.5kk integers and 2.5kk boolean. And probably an enormous amount of tasks to handle since you got (probably) little Z. So keep your Z stuff, I don't want it :D.

Edited by Tryskell

before 12-7-2017 i join every day ( 2-3 times ) now tell me next year if i join again
i never said i start project with aCis 230 ( i start develop with this pack on 2012 as i remember )

my English is not very good ( maybe I can not explain it correctly )

and if you can ( change from image the mail plz )

InRadius handles the case when it's needed. There's no need to pick 3d, it only adds more complexion for extremely rare case (ToI only, catacombs aren't enough deep to be on layer -2, or your region system is even worst than I imagined). If you can filter 500+ objects during a siege, you can handle 150 (at worst, on ToI). I got 44k regions fully initialized (I divided the region size from 4k to 2k, which matches your beloved GC and Classic distance), how much do you have lazy initialized ?

What's the point to get a sky and a wyvern if your view is blocked at 3k (or even lowest if you handle catacombs correctly) max looking the sky ? And if you successfully handle catacombs, then the layer Z is probably even less, meaning you got multiple kk of regions and can't see any wyvern player.

You got like 90% of your zones which got no use to exist, only for wyvern players. And GMs falling from the sky when they use teleport button :D.

Even with your Z stuff you probably can get packets from catacombs. Except if you created layers of 500-1000 Z. Even 2k is probably too much.

your signature talk about L2Off standards in l2j pack ... so that is not custom ?
interlude client no have good performance ( if get more packet the fps dropped )
and on one mass pvp on door in Baium all has more lag
or in siege with guards 
( and server send packets without reason )
about performance you can add one packet halder ( with range ) or 3D region 

your signature talk about L2Off standards in l2j pack ... so that is not custom ?

You got no clue about what you speak, and I didn't even understand that sentence.

Interlude client is far more ok than GC, from what I tested of GC (I lag on retail server with none around).

@sdw, I checked your implementation, a knownlist implementation can't be really different of another if it's correctly thought. You did like I did, more or less (mine is more sexy, but that's normal :D). Specifically on WorldRegion your only changes are :

- lazy initialization of CHMap (which is costy and anyway you're supposed to get ppl on regions) on your side

- you got Z support, which multiply by a huge numbers the overall zone number (for little benefit - at least on IL -, as explained higher ; and you didn't counter my arguments, for IL case).

- no list for zones and surrouding regions for L2JUnity (you calculate zones, I didn't dig where you put zones)

- I don't have a task, the region directly on/off ; you kept old L2J system.

Elfo is right, if you want to get performance boost, it's mostly packet based. Regroup packet send (InventoryUpdate, StatusUpdate) and on really populated areas, avoid to send magic effects at all.

117qw42.jpg

Bad, bad aCis without Z depth.

PS : I'm on the middle of the group. That's 4000 premo, with active AI. Do you think you got 4000 NPCs on ToI, the only place you can legitimately use a Z system knownlist on IL ? No. So. Z is pointless.

Edited by Tryskell

Every client will have issues with high population.

The reason why L2 can handle so many people in the first place is that it was made back in 2003 where the internet connections was 52kbit/sec (which was and is enough for L2OFF).

With a few tweaks (such as choosing to show less effects when a zone in populated, lazy loading knowlist members based on how important they are to the player and a tons of others optimizations) you can get even more performance out of any pack.

The only thing that acis currently doesn't have performance wise and it should is the multithreaded mmo core.

At least Tryskell speaks with code, not words, and i have to give him that. 

We've never seen actual good code from you pirama. (btw im not hating, i am sure you are a passionate guy but it is a fact that you never shared anything and you are just words)

is not the point if i'm good dev or not .. if i make good codes or not .. the point is if that what i said is truth or not

[GR]

re c oson afora ta share ( otan mathena ekana kapia mikra share kai oloi ekrazan kai oxi gia to an itan kalos o code i an eixe bug )

alla ena pou mou emine itan epidi itan idea toy 2010 kai egw to ekana share to 14 px ( an kai kati paromio den ypirxe ) ( den thimame ti itan )

sto aCis edosa 2-3 small fix ena eyxaristo den eipan pote ... gt na dosw kati megalitero ?

[/GR]

it's not my point to i share codes for show in someone , if i'm good or not , i don't care

You got no clue about what you speak, and I didn't even understand that sentence.

how you know ? if you don't understand what about i talk .. lol

The only thing I see Pirama is you didn't stop to answer me, and you're still answering on an aCis related topic while you said aCis was past.

Your mouth is full of wind, you are barely trustable and the only thing you do is what I call "barking". But well, I can't deny it : you do it well.

Learn some english please, that could help you.

And stating things like "aCis is crap" while you got nothing to offer, I mean... Ok that's your opinion, simply keep it for yourself as you can't provide a better product. And even with a product, it's pointless to say concurrents are crap, customers choose what is better for them.

Time to grow up Pirama, we aren't in 2007. Better use your keyboard to code something useful for the community.

Edited by Tryskell

The only thing I see Pirama is you didn't stop to answer me, and you're still answering on an aCis related topic while you said aCis was past.

Your mouth is full of wind, you are barely trustable and the only thing you do is what I call "barking". But well, I can't deny it : you do it well.

Learn some english please, that could help you.

i tell it but you only time reply my message ... and on all message you are flame to me

but the truth is for i loss many time to talk with people like you ...

ignore mode has open ( for dogs like you )

why bother for the server side, servers today are beasts, what about the crappy client nethandler that has zero optimization and drops the fps o zero on a crowded area? I mean server is rarely the source of problem even if shitty coded, L2 has a bad client.

You made a half code check there. Point being retail uses Z, you don't, your call after that. Try with 10k Karik casting on yourself, more fun.

For all reasons I explained I don't see the point to get Z on IL. I'm not right, you aren't wrong. I just use an optimized way which fit IL better (and it's not like I "forgot" Z, russians forks reworked knownlist way before L2JUnity, and had already Z).

10k ppl casting would be with a netcore issue, not knownlist system. That's why I disagree with xxdem, while server ressources become more powerful, a code bottleneck stays a code bottleneck - and L2J MMOCore is definitively not adapted to the task.

For all reasons I explained I don't see the point to get Z on IL. I'm not right, you aren't wrong. I just use an optimized way which fit IL better (and it's not like I "forgot" Z, russians forks reworked knownlist way before L2JUnity, and had already Z).

10k ppl casting would be with a netcore issue, not knownlist system. That's why I disagree with xxdem, while server ressources become more powerful, a code bottleneck stays a code bottleneck - and L2J MMOCore is definitively not adapted to the task.

IL is the worst chronicle in terms of performance and optimization, try to spawn 10k kariks with PHX and make them cast a skill, you won't like what you're going to see