Tessa

Ignore this idiot xdem even if he is right he got no idea, he think because he know java he know everything.

Let me explain you since i work in both. 

Unity3D is better  but is has no friendly enviroment and community is bad for starters. If you want to make a nice start go with UE and then move to Unity.

I can say Unity has a better system for importing col and Matte painting and other functions than UE but as i said before UE has great community behind and tuts.. so i would suggest u go for it.

Also Unity is faster in processing and preview and rendering than UE.. for example render Static Shadows and build lightings .. fucked up in UE and sometimes it crash even if you have i7 and 4.0 ghz

If you really want to dig into and waste lots of time go directly for Unity but you gonna have difficult start without tuts and guides and the enviroment is not made for starters

Edited by AccessDenied

I'm gonna start with Unity3D, Unreal Engine seem to be a little bit heavier (for mobile) for now (according to a posts at the official forum... they all use Unity3D or other engines for mobile development).

Edited by Tessa

Ignore this idiot xdem even if he is right he got no idea, he think because he know java he know everything.

Let me explain you since i work in both. 

Unity3D is better  but is has no friendly enviroment and community is bad for starters. If you want to make a nice start go with UE and then move to Unity.

I can say Unity has a better system for importing col and Matte painting and other functions than UE but as i said before UE has great community behind and tuts.. so i would suggest u go for it.

Also Unity is faster in processing and preview and rendering than UE.. for example render Static Shadows and build lightings .. fucked up in UE and sometimes it crash even if you have i7 and 4.0 ghz

If you really want to dig into and waste lots of time go directly for Unity but you gonna have difficult start without tuts and guides and the enviroment is not made for starters

What you mean by no friendly environment?

What you mean by no friendly environment?

Don't even bother...Access is a 3d animator. It shouldn't be a concern for you as you can buy resources from their marketplace.

Don't even bother...Access is a 3d animator. It shouldn't be a concern for you as you can buy resources from their marketplace.

Wrong.. 3d animator - 3d modeller has nothing to do with game developer, i might no be able to hand-write code and use blueprints of unreal but this doesnt mean i dont like unity. i just already said unity is 100% better but 

and i love but for tessa because she might no know the enviroment the Unity has no community or tutorials to help her get it?

Also tessa what i meant is that Unity is better and faste and more efficient but if you need help or guide or make a particle system no help... unlike unreal engine that has full of tuts on youtube cause many users use it due to blueprints e.t.c 

So in the end go for Unity, i regret a project i started with UE ;D cause is slow as fuck and consume lots of computer resources

Edited by AccessDenied

Also tessa what i meant is that Unity is better and faste and more efficient but if you need help or guide or make a particle system no help... unlike unreal engine that has full of tuts on youtube cause many users use it due to blueprints e.t.c 

I understand... ^^