Motyvation?

ElTyto

Question

I had the same. Had to write converter from known mesh format to my own optimized for runtime. I wasted one straight day and today i made it from scratch! Just go relax for several days :)

I had the same. Had to write converter from known mesh format to my own optimized for runtime. I wasted one straight day and today i made it from scratch! Just go relax for several days :)

i did a 8 month break   :D

anyway: i have an error "SpawnTable: Could not store spawn in .... MysqlDataTruncation: out of range value for column 'npc_templateid' at row 1" is it cause my npc id or template id is too high? like over 30000 or something

Edited by ElTyto

i did a 8 month break   :D

anyway: i have an error "SpawnTable: Could not store spawn in .... MysqlDataTruncation: out of range value for column 'npc_templateid' at row 1" is it cause my npc id or template id is too high? like over 30000 or something

its like over 9000.

error says it all, check db columns

Hey guys, can you give me motivation to work on my project? :D

Less servers = more population on existing servers, I doubt ppl will give you motivation for that simple rule.

"Just" :D

With all engines those days, it is way easier than even few years ago. You only have to see all terrible survivor-like indies games which came after dayZ (which is itself a pointless, terrible game with no goal except sitting in a bush waiting a randomer to come on sight in order to kill him and loot bandages and bean cans).

I personally think it is impossible to revive the atmosphere of old mmos. I mean people prefer action games like moba/fps, with quick matches, not necessarily want to dive into mmo world.. sadly.

All those new games.. who the fuck plays em

Edited by Szakalaka

With all engines those days, it is way easier than even few years ago. You only have to see all terrible survivor-like indies games which came after dayZ (which is itself a pointless, terrible game with no goal except sitting in a bush waiting a randomer to come on sight in order to kill him and loot bandages and bean cans).

There are engines that i worked with such as Unity that require lots of knowledge and you cant really make any game cause you need / have to know everything.

Then engines like UE that even if u dont know C++ that much it help you with blueprints give you a little push.

So its no that hard to make a game.. i mean sure im not good in c++ but with blueprints of c++ and my knowledge in 3d i can make any game i want in 1 day. engines make it easy but still u have to understand what u do..  and unfortunately there are no tutorials out there to show you general ways just specific.

i mean sure you can make a scary room, add some trigger box infront of the door

add a code on box that triggers when object enters in react area, add sound and a door open and camera shacke with some transparent blood on screen and voila u have a scary FPS like amnesia.

First "level" i made in UE (it was a copy of bioshock inf)

UPFxZwu.jpg FPS

I print screen levels from bioshock and took me 2 days to recreate it. even the fact that the right side is box (edgy)

i didnt change it as it is in the game also :P

Edited by AccessDenied

Old games had poor graphics and great gameplay. Nowdays the proportions betweeen those two are reversed and thats what makes games terrible. No matter how much effort u put into graphics if gameplay is shit game is shit. There is a limit which shouldnt be passed when it comes to graphics. Noone wants to see the "1:1 world realistic" stuff in games. Just look at L2 we all spent 10 last years in. I still prefer this game over new, overedited bullcrap.

And to topic.. I think we motivated the OP :)

Old games had poor graphics and great gameplay. Nowdays the proportions betweeen those two are reversed and thats what makes games terrible. No matter how much effort u put into graphics if gameplay is shit game is shit. There is a limit which shouldnt be passed when it comes to graphics. Noone wants to see the "1:1 world realistic" stuff in games. Just look at L2 we all spent 10 last years in. I still prefer this game over new, overedited bullcrap.

And to topic.. I think we motivated the OP :)

you're cute and we would be nice couple but don't be grandpa... everyone loves nice gameplay games.. but lets be honest .. sometimes graphics make the difference..

I'm sure many prefer the GTA V than the san andreas.. even if san andreas had nice gameplay GTA v give u so many opportunities and so nice graphics which is wow. 

i mean come on who cant resist this

http://imgur.com/UfFam66

Edited by AccessDenied