Xml Check Like Sql Check? L2J H5

nikosdevil20

Question

Hi all. anyone know how i can make a check like sql but for xml?  for example :

PreparedStatement statement2 = con.prepareStatement("SELECT name FROM npc WHERE id=" + npcid);

exists something like this for check 1 xml file?

L2j h5 source last revision

8 answers to this question

SQL, as XML, are loaded into RAM using Maps/Lists.

If your stuff is on XML it probably means it is static data. Which means there is such a container.

Overall, it's possible to re-read or even rewrite a XML, but it costs a lot. And by a lot, I mean really a lot.

What are you trying to achieve ?

SQL, as XML, are loaded into RAM using Maps/Lists.

If your stuff is on XML it probably means it is static data. Which means there is such a container.

Overall, it's possible to re-read or even rewrite a XML, but it costs a lot. And by a lot, I mean really a lot.

What are you trying to achieve ?

im trying to read some raid names from xml. in old revisions i can do that with sql  from npc.sql table in database. but now the npcs are inside xml files and not in database. basically im trying to make the grandboss status (alive/dead) show in npc and i do this with sql connection in old revisions. in grandboss_data doesnt show the grandboss name. the grandboss name in old revisions take from npc.sql where npc_id. but now npc.sql doesnt exists more in new revisions. idk if you understund me cuz my english s@ck hard...:D 

You can retrieve name and any npc info thanks to the npcid. NpcTable holds all infos related to NPC. It loads from the XML infos and store into a Map

private final Map<Integer, NpcTemplate> _npcs = new HashMap<>();

Then you as a user, you can reuse this map.

public NpcTemplate getTemplate(int id)
	{
		return _npcs.get(id);
	}

If you need only the name info, and as it is kinda "static" and bound to the template (unlike dead/alive status), the best would be to store the name directly in your own Map/array with the npcid. It would save you shitloads of .get().

You probably can find a decent RaidBossStatusManager (unlike the one you try to adapt, which seems bad).

Edited by Tryskell

You can retrieve name and any npc info thanks to the npcid. NpcTable holds all infos related to NPC. It loads from the XML infos and store into a Map

private final Map<Integer, NpcTemplate> _npcs = new HashMap<>();

Then you as a user, you can reuse this map.

public NpcTemplate getTemplate(int id)
	{
		return _npcs.get(id);
	}

If you need only the name info, and as it is kinda "static" and bound to the template (unlike dead/alive status), the best would be to store the name directly in your own Map/array with the npcid. It would save you shitloads of .get().

You probably can find a decent RaidBossStatusManager (unlike the one you try to adapt, which seems bad).

i find another way to do that...i make a custom table with grandboss names and id and finish :)

Your own map is enough, yup.

private static final Map<Integer, String> BOSSES = new HashMap<>();
{
       BOSSES.put(bossId, "bossName");
}

that block should be static aswell.