Gf -> H5 Extender Source

May be, but i really doubt about some body has born knowing how to make extenders and if some body like me want to learn about that this is a good training and example.

Start by learning the languages used to work with this. Don't start building the house by the roof.

Start by learning the languages used to work with this. Don't start building the house by the roof.

Im developer for many years. I know many languages and i know all oriented object stuffs very well. I have years working in Java and PHP and i know C.

I know C++ is not the same, but could follow guide very fast becouse i know how to program and i know OO.

I could ensure that the best way to lear is making... but that could be easier if some one really know about that could guide a little more.

Im developer for many years. I know many languages and i know all oriented object stuffs very well. I have years working in Java and PHP and i know C.

I know C++ is not the same, but could follow guide very fast becouse i know how to program and i know OO.

I could ensure that the best way to lear is making... but that could be easier if some one really know about that could guide a little more.

I didn't wanna post in this thread - for hopefully obvious reasons - but.......

You cannot do anything with this - if you know how to program "OOP".

Writing extenders, writing code for already precompiled native binaries - has 1% to do with programming and 99% to do with research.

Infact if you "know how to program java\.net\php" blablabla insert script\managed language here - you will be at a MASSIVE disadvantage when you actually reach the 1% programming part.

Because you don't know shit about lower level concepts and how they relate to the research part - nor how to handle\understand memory and different than STD constructs.

Which will trap you and make your code fail once you've actually done the hard part.

See COEP as example.

Either way - COEP is far by a better example to learn from due to the design decisions are alot more sane for portability\readability\future compatibility than this (Who the fuck makes direct assembly packet hooks individually? - suicide not to have direct packer handler hooks for handling all incoming\outgoing packets)

And you can try run it yourself - to learn that even tho design-wise it' maybe good, the direct poor c++ code will cause headaches.

Edited by mcbigmac

So, instead of either helping this guy and giving him a little direction or not saying anything at all, you proceed to tell him how hard it would be for him to learn any of this stuff. You continue on to say how poorly my project is coded, and you have contributed absolutely nothing to this topic. You may as well have not responded, all I see above is flaunting yourself, and insulting others. BorealP, if you would like a little help in understanding this kind of stuff you can add me on skype. Xascban

Your "documentation" consists of what? AIR? You have zero documentation just a few comments and assembly hooks.

And lets be honest here, your "extender" here is the most basic packets changed to make a client connect and work.

Your great rise to fame is changing some formats and sending null data.

So your great share is formats and some hooks for them, awesome.

If you can't even begin to hook and analyze basics - you won't get anywhere with ANY source.

You know it and i know it.

COEP has been open for ages - and has a framework\structure that's atleast somewhat sane and will give people an understanding on how stuff is structured.

And how to perhaps start writing they're own ext for GF.

So no, i don't think changing a few packet formats with h5 data that's openly available in nearly every l2j slash phx edition counts as being worth ANYTHING.

Especially when COEP is open with basic structure\research on C4 - and has been for the better part of what 5 years?

So save the crap - and tell me why you want him to contact you.

Why can he not ask questions public and get public answers?

Edited by mcbigmac

I never once said this was a great share. You just continue to insult and belittle people. How about instead of trying to rub peoples names into dirt, you do something constructive? Why don't you give back a little more? He can ask in public, I was offering to give him a little guidance and that conversation would fill up a thread quite fast. I don't know what your problem is but you need to chill. I don't need to defend sharing information to the public for free, and offering help. Get a life.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...