Pack Interlude Icpnetworks

nery

And more: aCis is closed source, so, every transaction involving that source is illegal.

It's not closed source :P

I meant, only who paid for the compiled source would have the pack. Again, this is what other guys told me, idk nothing 'bout this project =P

Anyway, I don't recommend for who is looking a "stable" pack to use that. Besides have a lot of bug, will not receive support 'n are going to burn, haha

It depends which aCis sources ICP is using. From the moment you don't share current cycle, anterior to current latest free revision, I don't care, and you can even create a public fork based on it (you're even encouraged, like L2JPes tried in its time : we proposed to host a subforum for the project). But selling aCis is forbidden, in any shape or form (customized, reworked, plain sources, whatever). Simply read aCis ToA, it's reachable to anyone on Announcements section (Terms of Agreement section). It's even shown when you register an account on aCis forums.

About L2J, they use GPL. aCis got its own Terms of Agreement, which you agreed if you use my files. It's as simple as that. If you don't agree to use my rules, then use another pack. If you break the agreements, you're considered as a leaker, and my main purpose is to destroy you (no evil intention here, but I hate people selling a collaborative work).

Regarding L2J being an open source project and aCis being a private fork (which is kinda wrong here, aCis uses what I call a "contribution2use" system, which, I think, I invented for L2J world), you should check L2J timeline and search for "Tryskell" in credits. My main point being to refactor Interlude, I haven't much time to dedicate to latest L2J.

It depends which aCis sources ICP is using. From the moment you don't share current cycle, anterior to current latest free revision, I don't care, and you can even create a public fork based on it (you're even encouraged, like L2JPes tried in its time : we proposed to host a subforum for the project). But selling aCis is forbidden, in any shape or form (customized, reworked, plain sources, whatever). Simply read aCis ToA, it's reachable to anyone on Announcements section (Terms of Agreement section). It's even shown when you register an account on aCis forums.

About L2J, they use GPL. aCis got its own Terms of Agreement, which you agreed if you use my files. It's as simple as that. If you don't agree to use my rules, then use another pack. If you break the agreements, you're considered as a leaker, and my main purpose is to destroy you (no evil intention here, but I hate people selling a collaborative work).

Regarding L2J being an open source project and aCis being a private fork (which is kinda wrong here, aCis uses what I call a "contribution2use" system, which, I think, I invented for L2J world), you should check L2J timeline and search for "Tryskell" in credits. My main point being to refactor Interlude, I haven't much time to dedicate to latest L2J.

Tryskell, i really respect you and your work.

The work you did in ACIS is magnificent.

Congratulations

I did not break any of their rules. 
My project was created on the ACIS 300, I do not charge for their work, so much that I leave it clear to all my clients that my design is based on ACIS project. I do not force anyone to buy, what I sell is my work and my time worked. Who says it does equal or better without pay, take the free ACIS source 300 on the internet and does. What I sell is the time when I worked on it, both to add the mods and to correct numerous quests, NPCs. items, and so on.

See you.
Edited by Ivan Pires

But selling aCis is forbidden, in any shape or form (customized, reworked, plain sources, whatever). Simply read aCis ToA, it's reachable to anyone on Announcements section (Terms of Agreement section). It's even shown when you register an account on aCis forums.

I hope i will not come off as an asshole but here's my 2 cents:

aCis' ToA or any other project's rules have zero value in the real world.

You or any other, who does a similar job (like me, who sells some updaters) can ony rely

on the morality and ethics of each individual customer as far as sharing or re-selling your work is concerned.

You have not registered your product under any physical or legal authority,you do not pay taxes for it or

giving a receipt to the buyer, or even if you do, the receipt is not valid.

Can you see what statement I am trying to make? The fact that sharing or selling aCis is not allowed in this

forum, it is beause you made a personal agreement with the forum owner. In other forums people are sharing

or selling modified acis projects and noone bats an eye. What you can only do is to try to communicate with each

individual forum owner or staff and express your disapproval.

I am not opposite you, I agree that sharing/selling other people's work sucks but all you can really do is

calling the leaker/reseller asshole and move on, or in your case ask the community staff to remove his links

and ban him. You cannot call the police or file a charge against him because you do not run a legal buisiness.

There will always be leakers or resellers but I do not see anyone complain when he watches

''The Dark Knight Returns'' or plays ''Minecraft'' downloaded from thepiratebay.

The problem is that in other forums eg L2JBrasil Brazilian, who has status thinks he knows more than others,

it is not so. if you know anything not visit the forum. 

Brazilians are cool, but always with a topic that has been the target of criticism

Brazilian responses are always dry and lack of education. 

Forum is a place to exchange ideas, knowledge and mutual help your fellow Forum. 

People are acting with ignorance, irony to his collaborator, and sees the forum

as a competition conhecimeneto are pathetic people who care only about their ego. 

Forum is not a war zone.

If there is a moderator working, please close this topic, just have flood this topic, nothing useful to the community mxc.

No need to do that...

I cleaned some posts if they continue simply ask for delete and open a topic to Acis or w/e forums need to do it.

@gaara, that is what I'm doing. Rules can be bypassed but there are consequences. You can kill someone, there are consequences. Same for my work. There is no need to get a "legal" protection. Those forums got rules, it hasn't to be "legal" to exist.

@main author, you can't sell aCis, CUSTOMIZED OR NOT. If you work 1/10/250 hours, I don't care. You can't use it as a base for any sell. It's simple to understand. Use regular L2J IL or L2JFrozen or whatever else project for that. If you want to sell customs based on aCis, sell diff patches. You say I make a good work with aCis, but you don't help me nor my pack with your behavior. You just split the community.

My rules exist for 2 main reasons :

• avoid to split the community between numerous broken projects.
  • concentrate developers on a single project, whom goal is to be hegemonic (understand : number 1 project).

If you can't understand that, well, I can nothing for you. Continue to code in your corner and sell your things in shadows, because I will continue to hunt people like you (which lose my time). And if you, customers, just buy from randomers, you just deserve to be scammed.

Don't close nor drop the topic : if the author of the pack sell aCis, than those sources need to be shared, bad or good.

You make me lose money, community and reputation : I can too.

If you respect aCis : share fixes with the mother project, participate to the community.

Devilishly yours,

Tk.

PS : aCis is a contribution2use system. The price is extremely low for a reason : I give more importance to coders than customers, but I want it stays accessible to anyone.

Edited by Tryskell

I don't want to write even a single line on a project when I know that some retards will apply some codes from MXC and sell it for whatever price.

I don't want to write even a single line on a project when I know that some retards will apply some codes from MXC and sell it for whatever price.

Worst part is you have people ready to buy it. That's why people will continue to do it.