Which Pack Worth Working On

java8 is still beta I did the mistake of deleting java7 and replacing with 8 and I had many problems, fixing one another would occur so I said gtfo, waiting for official release

java8 is still beta I did the mistake of deleting java7 and replacing with 8 and I had many problems, fixing one another would occur so I said gtfo, waiting for official release

Exactly what i did yesterday. :D

Am I the only one here that thinks that "->" doesnt fit with java? I would prefer another symbolism for lambda expression like # or L or smth more common for java

Am I the only one here that thinks that "->" doesnt fit with java? I would prefer another symbolism for lambda expression like # or L or smth more common for java

I dont see any issue with it, unusual ofc but everyone will get used to it i guess no other choice there. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I also switch to java8 . But I use it only on visual envoiroment using netbeans so I didn't had any problem at all (working on swing) .

My question is : In java common c6 projects java8 has a lot of problems? In need of modification?

I am asking because I want to try it on l2j projects too.

I also switch to java8 . But I use it only on visual envoiroment using netbeans so I didn't had any problem at all (working on swing) .

My question is : In java common c6 projects java8 has a lot of problems? In need of modification?

I am asking because I want to try it on l2j projects too.

you will only get warnings, in java updates they never drop down old methods, they deprecate them instead so all you have to do is to fix the warnings

L2j Is already on java 8 we were waiting for a stable release and proper eclipse support which we already have (Well still not officially replaced Kepler but that would work out too)

About L2J having private sources that is not true the devsvn is not being used since almost 4 years what we have on our svn is what we have.

About things getting much time to be committed for example the 'perfect geo engine abstraction' wasn't really perfect.

No one bothered to test it on live server so i did and there was some problems that had to be fixed and either i didn't had time to do that or FBIagent didn't had time to patch them up that's why it took so long.

And same goes for almost all other stuff that take years to be committed, simply the community doesn't give a shit for them.

Javolution was really over-used in l2j that's true but since last few years we are removing the places that we can go with native solutions (For example ConcurrentHashMap instead of FastMap) we ain't going to entirely drop it for sure but we gonna use it only where we think its best.

Edited by UnAfraid

@Intrepid, just don't do it, you'll waste your time and get bored and drop another thing in your life, because coding requires time and passion and if you "miss coding" that means you are not passionate enough to do it often not to miss it.

About the bogus information you are giving about L2J project, I'd invite you to check the trac and the code, but you guys are too pro to waste time on that, so I'll make it short and tell you that we don't make "temp fixes", we are the only team, coding publicly, that makes complete reworks of stuff that is working wrong or it's implementation is not good, based on real retail information.

Another thing is that I completely banned the use of data leaked from forks, and discourage the use of code from public forks, so those that dare to say that we copy them, are laying their asses off.

P.S. About Javolution faster than Java implementations benchmark it today and let me know: http://www.techempower.com/blog/2013/03/26/everything-about-java-8/

Last but not least, when I joined the team I banned the private sources at L2J and the only code done and shared is on SVN, for everyone and for free.