The Current Situation Of Java Projects

I agree with you Elfocrash so far, but.. Everyone wants to open a lineage2 private server for x,y reasons. Also, l2 is not totally dead.

To be clean, I (Devlin) don't want big things like thousands of players. I am happy with 100, for example.

@ontopic: I suggest you to use aCis. Why? Because everything is close to "retail". No custom shits, custom messages like l2jfrozen. In order to use l2jfrozen, you have to clean all the shit.

Take aCis, develop it however you want and you're done.

Edited by Devlin

Well Elfo, all people (fortunately) don't base their hobbies according "how much money I gonna make". Otherwise you would have only Minecraft, Angry Birds and Candy Crush Saga developers.

I wouldn't begin to develop a L2 project if that was to make money, to begin with and at all. I would just work on any random work, paid 1200€/month in France. L2J is an hobby, and IL is my favorite chronicle, I contribute to maintain that chronicle alive, that's all.

But that's cool you make money on Minecraft.

Regarding "pack/server" projects and aCis, you're bound to some rules if you want to use aCis. Regarding other chronicles, just pick latest L2J rev on your favorite chronicle, and good luck :P.

Edited by Tryskell

I agree with you Elfocrash so far, but.. Everyone wants to open a lineage2 private server for x,y reasons. Also, l2 is not totally dead.

To be clean, I (Devlin) don't want big things like thousands of players. I am happy with 100, for example.

@ontopic: I suggest you to use aCis. Why? Because everything is close to "retail". No custom shits, custom messages like l2jfrozen. In order to use l2jfrozen, you have to clean all the shit.

Take aCis, develop it however you want and you're done.

thats the problem, aCis is soooo clean that they even removed important stuff like exploits/duplicate/stuck, theres even bug with L2GameClient and L2LoginClient synch, so instead of "developing" it fix it first.

Guest Elfocrash

Well Elfo, all people (fortunately) don't base their hobbies according "how much money I gonna make". Otherwise you would have only Minecraft, Angry Birds and Candy Crush Saga developers.

I wouldn't begin to develop a L2 project if that was to make money, to begin with and at all. I would just work on any random work, paid 1200€/month in France. L2J is an hobby, and IL is my favorite chronicle, I contribute to maintain that chronicle alive, that's all.

But that's cool you make money on Minecraft.

Nah i fuckin love Minecraft so much. I think in like 4 months i played more than any other game i played the last two years :P.

I just found amazing the way it works and there is also so much room for improvement. In L2 fortunately or unfortunately you are doing a great job and it is not that much of a "market" but a community either. I mean the top downloaded plugin for minecraft have 3m downloads. For L2 that might be like 2k or so.

So yeah you can "talk" through your work in a wider audience. I just don't understand why ppl can't move on.

PS: I'm not doing it for the money. I do have a full time job as a Junior Developer for that :P

The statement matches your IQ. This is a so called "cheating" forum not a Lineage 2 one.

You wanna develop an open source game? You move on. L2 is as dead as dinosaurs.

I'm developing minecraft and I make x4 the money i used to make on L2.

Lineage is played by around 200k ppl on official and private servers. Minecraft is played by 100 million.

It is like saying, i will continue playing BF1 while BF4 is out.

Wake up already.

Look at your message.

Look at how much cry baby little butthurt bitch you are - for whatever reasons (I'm assuming it's "Ex-Staffer" related).

The thing is my statement is completely logical.

You use an argument that this a cheating forum - yet you know and i know that L2 has been...well everything since the starts.

Exploits died as they are patched and fixed over time - so it became more of a development forum.

Again, you know this - everyone does.

Yet here you are with statement "I'm developing X Game and i make Y more money".

Yet you hang around here and spend your time dissing the forum\game.

You are the crystal clear definition of a scorned little bitch.

Either your that much in love with MXC and Nick and desperately want back or..... Your just straight up lying.

...because if not - i geuss we can assume that a "Super High IQ person" spends his time dishing and trashing a fucking game on the fucking internet by posting on a fucking forum\board to convince other random people on the fucking internet to not waste their time with the fucking-game.

Is that a correct assumption?

Edited by mcbigmac

thats the problem, aCis is soooo clean that they even removed important stuff like exploits/duplicate/stuck, theres even bug with L2GameClient and L2LoginClient synch, so instead of "developing" it fix it first.

We worked on that, it's already fixed.

We worked on that, it's already fixed.

you will never know if its fixed, russians can do anything as long as that phx injects your l2.exe

Guest Elfocrash

Look at your message.

Look at how much cry baby little butthurt bitch you are - for whatever reasons (I'm assuming it's "Ex-Staffer" related).

The thing is my statement is completely logical.

You use an argument that this a cheating forum - yet you know and i know that L2 has been...well everything since the starts.

Exploits died as they are patched and fixed over time - so it became more of a development forum.

Again, you know this - everyone does.

Yet here you are with statement "I'm developing X Game and i make Y more money".

Yet you hang around here and spend your time dissing the forum\game.

You are the crystal clear definition of a scorned little bitch.

Either your that much in love with MXC and Nick and desperately want back or..... Your just straight up lying.

...because if not - i geuss we can assume that a "Super High IQ person" spends his time dishing and trashing a fucking game on the fucking internet by posting on a fucking forum\board to convince other random people on the fucking internet to not waste their time with the fucking-game.

Is that a correct assumption?

Lol were should i even start?

I demand demotion back to normal member with vip privs.

I don't give a fuckall for the forum, however i could use a brain like Fanky's to greater stuff than L2j.

Look on how mxc turned out and how it is nowadays is entertaining. 

Oh and about the "love mxc and nick think" Fuck mxc and fuck nick, i nothing both.

You as a mod now (and me as a mod back in the day) are just nick's whore doing this things for him and recieving nothing.

You are the bright example of ppl smart ones take advantage of.

Cheers.

you will never know if its fixed, russians can do anything as long as that phx injects your l2.exe

well, logically you'll never have something perfectly protected one hundred percent, but this issue w/ double login is fixed.

Edited by Tяαnce

Lol were should i even start?

I demand demotion back to normal member with vip privs.

I don't give a fuckall for the forum, however i could use a brain like Fanky's to greater stuff than L2j.

Look on how mxc turned out and how it is nowadays is entertaining. 

Oh and about the "love mxc and nick think" Fuck mxc and fuck nick, i nothing both.

You as a mod now (and me as a mod back in the day) are just nick's whore doing this things for him and recieving nothing.

You are the bright example of ppl smart ones take advantage of.

Cheers.

I didn't ask for nothing you *****.

I was asked to provide expert knowledge on what i know of my l2 field - and that's what i do, no more no less.

I don't ask nor expect anything in return.

I'm infact a terrible mod according to Nick's rankings apparently.

If Minecraft is awesome - take charge make a minecraft subsection head up and spread knowledge.

This is not about Nick's bad management of the forum - this is about ex-staffers whom i'd like to believe are intelligent don't fucking sit around killing the forum even further.

It's an MMORPG that's over 10 years old - no shit it's not as popular anymore.

And that's fine.... some people still enjoy it and want to keep it alive.

Just like there's still UO Private Servers.

Edited by mcbigmac

Guest Elfocrash

It's an MMORPG that's over 10 years old - no shit it's not as popular anymore.

And that's fine.... some people still enjoy it and want to keep it alive.

WoW is 10 years old, has 7 mil subs and it is paid monthly. Arguement invalid.

i did not argue that ppl enjoy it. I argue about how many do and to how many ppl you talk through your work.

WoW is 10 years old, has 7 mil subs and it is paid monthly. Arguement invalid.

i did not argue that ppl enjoy it. I argue about how many do and to how many ppl you talk through your work.

Argument is not invalid - because we do not control how many people play it.

NCSoft does with how they provide and create content while giving incentive for their customers to continue playing.

They've been historicly CRAP at that.

Shitloads of variables affect a game's lifetime and success - not just "release date".

Because one game with is X old and does Y subscribers - it doens't mean A game with triple or 10 times Y sets the standard for what is good, dead, bad, or alive.

That's just strawman arguing - and something you should learn if you want to debate at the big boys table.

Edited by mcbigmac

Guest Elfocrash

Lol you consider yourself as a big boy? I didn't know unempoyeed e-flamers in real life are big boys in forums. Thanks for pointing out :D

they wont do shit, they are amateur wannabes, my point was scoria

You're totally wrong,

You can't call "Shyla" as an amateur + i'm sure that you were running a server with it in the past.

They're offering to you "a free" project and they're still updating and yes it's true that they already started cleaning their source.

There isn't any free project that offers something better than frozen (i'm still talking about free & open projects)

None project "even" the best around the market can't cope without your support.

We shouldn't extend this conversation, cause it's pointless.

Many of you think that, if you spend some money to buy stable files then you'll run a nice server without any problems.

Stable files means / lot of work ~> lot of work means experience ~> experience means knowledge.

The fact is that if you had the knowledge you wouldn't spend money around, but you would start your own work.

Mr. xdem i'm not talking about you, i'm talking generally for everyone.

You're totally wrong,

You can't call "Shyla" as an amateur + i'm sure that you were running a server with it in the past.

They're offering to you "a free" project and they're still updating and yes it's true that they already started cleaning their source.

There isn't any free project that offers something better than frozen (i'm still talking about free & open projects)

None project "even" the best around the market can't cope without your support.

We shouldn't extend this conversation, cause it's pointless.

Many of you think that, if you spend some money to buy stable files then you'll run a nice server without any problems.

Stable files means / lot of work ~> lot of work means experience ~> experience means knowledge.

The fact is that if you had the knowledge you wouldn't spend money around, but you would start your own work.

Mr. xdem i'm not talking about you, i'm talking generally for everyone.

dude, I have seen their codes and they pop your eyes out. Dont make me posting here samples cause its irrelevant with this topic.

They tried for something, they failed. They made a l2j pack, imo "trashcan" with a shitload of useless configs and shits dedicated for 12 year old config "developers"

As for me, i can swear on everything I love that I never developed an l2jfrozen the last 2 years im on the l2j scene, maybe I helped some others with some codes