4. Summoner Spells

5. Masteries

6. Runes

7. Skills & Skill Order

8. Item Build

9. Early Game

10. Mid/Late game & Team fights

1. Story

Vicious and elegant, Elise's charismatic grace lures the innocent and greedy alike into her web of deceit. While her victims may discover her true intentions, no one has ever lived to reveal what dark secrets lie behind her enigmatic guise.

In dark halls, hidden from society, Elise preached the word of a mythical spider god. Her desperate followers hungered for the god's favor, believing its blessings to be the source of Elise's vibrance and power. When Elise proclaimed that she would lead a pilgrimage to the spider god's shrine, she selected only her most devout disciples to join her. Ecstatic, the chosen few followed her blindly as she led them on a perilous journey across the sea. When they came ashore at their final destination, the mysterious Shadow Isles, Elise led them to a cavern shrouded in webs. Expecting a shrine, the group looked to their priestess in confusion. She turned to the crowd and raised her arms in triumph, revealing strange, spiderlike legs that grew out of her back. Seeing her terrifying true form for the first time, Elise's followers turned to flee, but she conjured magical webs to trap them. With her victims ensnared, she turned to face the cave and uttered a screeching cry. An enormous undead spider-beast emerged from the darkness, dragging its hideous bulk on thick, pointed legs. Elise's followers could only scream as the monstrous spider ate them alive. She approached the sated creature, extracted its venom, and drank the strange substance. An immediate sense of rejuvenation flowed through her veins. With mortality delayed once again, Elise left to rejoin her congregation. They were overjoyed to hear that their fellows had chosen to remain at the spider god's sacred home. Elise reassured her disciples that she would lead another pilgrimage in due time. The spider god would be waiting.

''The truly faithful need not fear the spider's embrace.''

-- Elise

2. Introduction

Elise is one of the most flexible champions in the game. She can can fulfill any role of the game except from AD carry. Her role in the team is to zone the carries away from the fight by sticking on them using her CC and mobility, while being able to finish off low HP targets really well.

3. Pros & Cons

Pros

- Jungles extremely fast through the entire game

- Doesn't miss Smites easily

- Good sustain in the jungle

- Strong mobility, which helps her perform great ganks, stick on priority targets during team fights and escape difficult situations

- Deals ridiculous ammοunts of damage, even with no items, which allows her to build tanky and not be easy to kill.

- Flexible. You can really confuse your enemies by 1st picking Elise, since they can't possibly know if you're top, mid, jungle or support.

Cons

- Weak initiator

- Unreliable CC

- Common ban in ranked games at the moment

4. Summoner Spells

For Summoner Spells, I like to use 20px-Smite.png Smite and 20px-Flash.pngFlash

Smite is essential for every jungler, while Flash helps me escape or chase more easily.

5. Masteries

For masteries I like to run 9/21/0, since I wanna be tanky and still able to deal tons of damage.

2zghf95.png

6. Runes

6jiqup.png

7. Skills & Skill Order

Skills

20px-Spider_Swarm.jpgSpider Swarm(Passive): When Elise's Human Form spells hit an enemy, she readies a Spiderling. When Elise transforms, she summons Spiderlings to attack nearby foes. The maximum number of spiderlings increases with Spider Form's level.

Don't underestimate her spiderlings! They really help a lot during your jungle, since they add on your damage and can be used to tank camps.

20px-Spider_Form.jpgSpider Form/Human Form(Ultimate - R): Elise transforms into a menacing spider, summoning her readied Spiderlings and granting access to arachnid abilities. While in Spider Form, Elise becomes melee and loses 425 range, deals bonus magic damage with her autoattacks and gains 10 movement speed.

Despite being her ultimate, this skill is available since level 1. At her Human form is good at poking, bursting healthy targets and CC. At Spider form she excels at mobility, sustained damage and finishing off low HP targets. Also, note that her skills on Spider Form cost no mana, which helps a lot while jungling!

Human Form

Neurotoxin (Q): Launches a blast of corrosive poison at target enemy, dealing magic damage equal to a base amount plus a percentage of target's current Health. Damage is capped against monsters.

This spell is great for bursting healthy targets and poking. That's the skill you want to use first after Cocoon when trying to burst a target that's not low on health

20px-Volatile_Spiderling.jpgVolatile Spiderling (W): Summons a venom-gorged Spiderling that moves to the target location and explodes, dealing magic damage to nearby enemies when it nears an enemy unit or after 3 seconds. If the Spiderling does not hit an enemy at the target location it will re-target itself and chase down a nearby enemy, prioritizing champions. The Spiderling's Movement Speed increases as it gets closer to its target.

Not that strong if you don't build too much AP, but still helps your damage early and can be used for scouting.

313n6np.jpgCocoon (E): Elise fires a web that stuns the first enemy hit for 1.5 seconds. It will also reveal enemies that are hit for a second.

Her stun. You wanna use it to open your ganks, chase or save your teammates and/or your ass. However, note that it's a single-target skillshot and it has a pretty long cooldown early in the game, so use it wisely.

Spider Form

20px-Venomous_Bite.jpgVenomous Bite (Q): Elise lunges to a target with a poisonous bite that deals magic damage equal to a base amount plus a percentage of the target's missing health. Damage is capped against monsters.

A small gap closer that also damages hard low HP targets. You can use it to finish low HP enemies quickly or simply get closer to your enemy if you're not too far away from him. It can be mindlessly spammed in the jungle since it costs no mana, while it's great for performing successful Smites, since you can do Smite's damage + 60 / 120 / 180 / 240 / 300 if you use them combined.

20px-Skittering_Frenzy.jpgSkittering Frenzy (W):

- Passive: Spiderlings gain bonus attack speed.

- Active: Increases the attack speed of Elise and her Spiderlings for 3 seconds. While active, Elise is healed for a small amount when she or her spiderlings attack.

Skittering Frenzy increases your and your spirdelings' attack speed ridiculously. It really increases your dps dramatically, while it helps you sustain yourself in the jungle.

20px-Rappel.jpgRappel (E): Elise reveals nearby enemy targets while she and her Spiderlings lift up into the air, becoming untargetable for 2 seconds. During that time she can cast Rappel again to descend upon a nearby enemy. If no enemy is targeted within 2 seconds, she will descend at her original location.

A great spell that can be used in many different ways. It can be used for scouting, chasing, escaping through minions, dodging skills (You can even dodge Karthus ultimate, while in the air) and resetting tower/jungle monsters aggro. Keep in mind that you can jump at targets that are slightly out of your range and it has a pretty long cooldown, so do not mindlessly use it.

Skill Order

Level 1: W

Level 2: Q

Level 3: E

Then you should go R>Q>W>E.

This way you can maximize your damage potential as soon as possible.

8. Item Build

As a jungler your gold income is usually the lowest in the game after the support, so you need to build cheap items that can be effective. Also, personally, I like to build tanky when I play jungle no matter what and have some cooldown reduction. So the stats I seek most are Health, Magic Resist, Armor, Cooldown Reduction and Magic Penetration. Now you might say... "OMG FORTUNA NOOB, WHY MAGIC PEN AND NOT AP FOR TEH DAMAGEZZZ!!1?". The answer is simple... Elise's Qs in both forms scales off of your targets Health, so I like to build some magic pen early and go tanky later on. In other words, enemies build your damage, m4d¿ AP increases that damage, but I still like to build tanky since I usually play on melee range with my Spider Form and take lots of focus from the enemy team.

Here is my item set when playing jungle Elise...

15gch1x.png

Starting items are Machete + 5x Healing Pots. That's always the best option when junling. Machete helps you jungle so much faster and healing pots help you not go low on health.

I first recall when I have at least 750 gold or if I'm unusually low health. Then I buy a Spirit Stone, Boots and ward + pots if I have any money to spare. Spirit Stones helps you jungle even faste. Boots make you faster helping you at your ganks and generally moving around the map. Wards help you track the moves of the enemy jungler, which is great, since your teammates can avoid getting ganked, you can counter gank more easily and you can even try fight him when the situation benefits you.

If I happen to have more than 1100 gold at my first recall then I rush Sorceror's Shoes. Elise needs that early magic pen for more successful ganks.

My core items as Elise are those listed in the "Early Game" section. Using these extremely cheap items I can have lot's of Magic Pen, some Cooldown Reduction, lot's of Health and Tenacity. You might ask why I build Spirit of the Ancient Golem instead of Spirit of the Spectral Wraith. Well, that's how I like to play. As I explained earlier, I like being tanky no matter what I play. Plus, Elise is not that dependant on building AP. Spirit of Spectral Wraith works too, but this is just my personal playstyle. I almost always build that item if I do not go for Mercury Treads on every jungler. As a front-line champion you're exposed to the enemy team's CC, so much that it's like you're asking for it.

Later, in the game I build depending on what my team needs or what I need to be more effective, so let me explain when I build every item...

Abyssal Scepter: I like to build that item when I feel like I need even more damage or when I need MR and my support already has a Bulwark. It also helps ranged AP carries like Lux deal more damage since it decreases your enemies' MR by 20 when standing next to them.

Sunfire Cape: Sunfire Cape is needed when you need to do more damage and be more tanky generally. Unlike Abyssal Scepter it provides Health, which helps against every damage source.

Locket of the Iron Solari: Locket is a great jungle item in S3, since it's one of the most cost-effective items in the game. I build it every game on almost every jungler, , but rarely on Elise. Elise is a champion that sits in the front line trying to zone or kill enemy carries. Her protecting potential is weak in comparison to other champions and it's not always worth letting the enemy carries deal free damage. However, it's great if something doesn't go as planned in a game or if you're not getting too much gold.

Runic Bulwark: I only build it if my support doesn't. I rarely feel the need for it personally.

Randuin's Omen: I build it when an AD champion that might be focusing me (Enemy ADC most times), is becoming a major threat. Using this item I decrease his attack speed when he attacks me which damages his dps, while I become stronger against him, since I get Armor and lot's of Health. Its active is also great during team fights, because it makes it harder for your target to get away from you, Not to mention that it can be used to defend your own team or yourself. However, it's a pretty expensive item for a jungler, so go for only if you feel like you really need it.

Frozen Heart: Frozen Heart is needed when you need tons of Armor or Cooldown Reduction. I usually build it when I need lot's of Armor (obviously) or when Attack Speed based champions that might not be focusing you (eg Irelia) are becoming threats and noone else in the team is building it.

Other items that I have not added to my Item set that work are...

Wit's End: It's not bad actually. Elise benefits from extra magic damage and huge attack speed boost, since her auto-attacks do Magic Damage when in Spider Form. It's also pretty cheap.

Spirit Visage: When the MR from Abyssal Scepter and Bulwark is not enough. Nice build path and 20% cooldown reduction on top of that!

9. Early Game

Your role as a jungler is to make sure YOUR TEAM gains the hugest advantage possible. This can be achieved through ganks combined with general game knowledge.

Things you need to know:

- Buy wards. Just because you're th eone, who's the least likely to get ganked by the enemy team, does not mean that you should not buy wards. Wards help you track the moves of the enemy jungler. If you know where the enemy jungler is, then you can totally ruin his plans and make him fall behind, by safely counter-jungling him, counter-ganking him, help your teammates avoid ganks, avoid getting counter-jungled and secure objectives when he is unable to aid his team.

- Know where the enemy wards are and when they expire if possible. As you probably understood already, wards can totally eliminate a jungler's impact in the game. Always try to find a wardless path for your ganks and counter-jungling attempts so that you'll catch your enemies off-guard, giving them little to no time to react. Continuously dying in the enemy jungle, recalling or unsuccessfully ganking can give a serious disadvantage to you and your team. You can't always pay attention to who's warding where and when, so ask your teammates if you wanna try something. If your enemies have warded too well, then the best you can do is buy pink wards, oracles, keep ward expiration timers and abuse them, counter-gank, ask your teammates to distract the enemy from looking at the mini-map by engaging on him before you're seen by a ward or heavily CC them.

- Basic laning knowledge. It's actually needed if you wanna be a good jungler. You need to know which lanes are not favored by the matchup, when a lane is a bout to push or when it's about to get pushed, when it's possibly gonna get ganked or whether you need to push it or freeze it when covering a teammate's lane.

- You don't have to give your mid laner your second blue, but it's often good to do so. Most mid-laners ask for the 2nd blue, since they need it to gain an advantage at their lane and potentially make plays with or without you. However, you don't always have to give it. Personally, I do not give my blues to mids doing bad or with weak map awareness that'll possibly lose it before making anything special happen. I also rarely give it to champions that don't need mana like Kennen and Katarina, since half of the buff's effect is wasted on them. In addition, I take it when I've fallen behind. Basically, if you're not 5+ when it respawns at ~7:15 it means that you'll possibly need its exp to catch up. Finally, I keep it for myself when my mid already has a blue buff.

- Try to focus on mid lane early ganks as much as possible if nothing goes wrong in other lanes. Mid is a lane that is usually won by the junglers and not the laners themselves. A strong mid laner is a great asset to them team since he has the potential to offer sto much early game map control, by ganking side lanes and securing objectives.

- Do not open ganks with your CC ability on heavily overextending enemies. When ganking an enemy who has pushed really hard try damaging him and use your Cocoon when he trys to escape. This way you can land free damage on him and make sure flash won't help him make it to safety.

- Adapt to every situation. That's something that cannot be taught through guides, but experience. Being able to adapt on every situation is crucial for a jungler, since the tiniest mistake could cost him. Let me give you an example of what I'm talking about...

You land a successful gank on bot lane forcing your enemies to recall. Meanwhile, you see your enemy jungler ganking your top lane, which is extremely far away from you. You have 3 options in this case. Either get a turret, dragon or gtfo since enemy mid is fed as fuck and it's coming for you.

Situations are different in every game. You should always aim for the best decision possible.

10. Mid / Late Game & Team Fights

That's the point the game, when teams group up and go for objectives as 5, unless you have have Shen, teleports or something. However, these objectives are not always given away for free and require victorious team fights.

1. Pre-fight

Try to poke as much as possible using your Human Form W or even Q. Keep in mind that Q's range is not too long to use safely, even though it's usually not worth initiating a fight on you. Also, make sure you won't run out of mana like a retard before the fight even starts lol.

2. Initiation

Even if she is not the best initiator, you can always try to open a fight by landing a Cocoon on a crucial or isolated target. However, this is hard most of the times, since crucial targets usually sit behind their front line or hide before a fight starts. This means that it'll usually be a champion like Jarvan or Malphite starting the fight.

3. Fighting

When the fight starts you need to get on the enemy carries as soon as possible and prevent them from damaging valuable teammates. Basically, you'd want to turn on Spider Form. Jump on them using your Rappel if their positioning is too good, turn W, auto-attack on and spam Qs. If needed turn Human Form on and use your stun when you find a good chance. You can also use your Human form if you go too low on health and need to fight from range. If a carry is kiting you too well, don't waste time trying to catch him, since you'll end up dying without having done as much as you could. In this case go back and help your carries kill the enemy front line, but STILL keep an eye on the enemy carry since it might come back. Don't let him deal damage for free. Plus, do not forget to use your active items if you have any. Randuin's Omen and Solari can mean a lot in a team fight if used properly.

Finally, your ideal combo is to land E>Q>W on Human Form and then switch to Spider Form (E)>Q>W. However, it's usually hard to execute during team fights.

4. Finishing

That's pretty easy for Elise. She is an assassin after all. You have lot's of ways to kill low HP fleeing opponents. You can simply Spider-Q them to death if they're close, you can Rappel and Q them, or you can try stunning them and turn to Spider Form to get them if your Rappel is on cd and the target is running away. Also, be on Spider Form, when chasing enemies, that cannot easily be killed with Human-Q or Cocoon is unavailable or hard to land. Remember that you have more Movement Speed on Spider Form.

It's not complete yet.

I also don't get why you think it's copy pasted... Is it because it's long? So what?

Also, if you read you can find some grammar mistakes I have not corrected yet

Lol,you dont need more mr when u have bulwark.

Sometimes you do, especially when you're not the one carrying it, but it's relatively rare since most people pick burst-damage based AP carries, that would not waste their cooldowns on tanky targets. Health is usually good enough against this kind of APs.

I still rather build Rylais instead of Sunfire, i find it way more suitable.

And then follow with zhonyas/liandrys

Too expensive build :/

Any item that costs more than 2500 is a luxury for a jungler.

Also, thanks for the karma even though it's not complete yet. I'll probably finish it tomorrow, since I'll need some sleep soon 50x50px-ZC-9cd4f406_okay-meme-face.jpeg

I said that bulwark with abyssal and spirit visage are too much.

You don't have to build both every time you need MR. Abyssal is built when both damage and MR are needed. Visage is built when you need general resists, but have a heavier need for MR than armor.

In most games that nothing goes too wrong, I build Abyssal Scepter.

I said that cuz of that ' When the MR from Abyssal Scepter and Bulwark is not

enough. Nice build path and 20%

cooldown reduction on top of that!'

As and bulwark are too much and in any case you dont need more mr XD